GrishTXU

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus CT200h Lexus GX 570
I went to the Dallas auto show today and saw the Z in the flesh. I haven’t been a fan of the front grille and was concerned that seeing it in real life might make somehow like the car less.

My fear was put to bed immediately upon seeing the Z. I think the front end is great and I want the Z a 100x more now than before seeing it. Photos of the front simply don’t do it any justice and don’t capture the full presence of the Z-which is AWESOME!

Anyone change their mind about something with the car after seeing it?

84905B1D-0A73-4545-9DB5-BDC8B9AF72F2.jpeg

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Saw the Z today for the first time as well. I've liked the front end from the beginning but was still curious as to how it would look in person. I'm an even bigger fan of it now and like you said, pictures don't really do it justice. I think that overall the Z takes great photos, but was still pretty surprised just how good it looks in the flesh. Knew I would love it, just wasn't expecting it to look quite that good. I still prefer body-matched, but even the katana/katana color, which was the only thing I was unsure about looks better in person.

20220319_124423.jpg

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
One of the videos did say the grille looks worse when viewed from lower angles (which is what a lot go arty photographers tend to do), but is better when standing normally.

I haven't seen the new Z in person. I thought the 350Z was fat and ugly when I first saw pictures of it. Over time and seeing more of them on the road, I grew to like it a little bit more, especially when the fatter and uglier 370Z arrived. The pictures of the new Z already make it look far better than either of those.

JoeTX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bike
Occupation
Broker/ Software Engineer
I'm going to the Dallas auto show too. I will be taking a lot of pics

OP
OP
GrishTXU

GrishTXU

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm going to the Dallas auto show too. I will be taking a lot of pics
I’d love to hear your thoughts/impressions about the car after you see it!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Interesting. I hate pictures of my Q60. Doesn't seem to photo well, the car looks very good in real life. In pics it looks like a bloated Altima coupe!

Happy to hear that the new Z looks good in real life, I think it looks "ok" in pictures

Jagman2000

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jaguar XK8 Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Surprise to me this morning! Did not realize the new Z was going to be at the Dallas Auto Show - Thanks for posting the pics and impressions. I personally value impressions because pictures can be deceiving due to lighting etc. For me, two questions still linger - I was disappointed that Nissan is not offering a chrome option for the wheels. I know black wheels may be popular now, but (I feel) black wheels only work for certain colors and options/trims. Also, thanks for the impression on the paint - I was riding the fence on that one and could not decide if I like it or not. Remaining question is on ride quality. When I test drove a 2020 370 it was a bone jarring experience. Decided to wait for the new Z thinking Nissan might address on a new Touring (now Performance) model - did not realize it was going to be such a long long wait...

OP
OP
GrishTXU

GrishTXU

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Surprise to me this morning! Did not realize the new Z was going to be at the Dallas Auto Show - Thanks for posting the pics and impressions. I personally value impressions because pictures can be deceiving due to lighting etc. For me, two questions still linger - I was disappointed that Nissan is not offering a chrome option for the wheels. I know black wheels may be popular now, but (I feel) black wheels only work for certain colors and options/trims. Also, thanks for the impression on the paint - I was riding the fence on that one and could not decide if I like it or not. Remaining question is on ride quality. When I test drove a 2020 370 it was a bone jarring experience. Decided to wait for the new Z thinking Nissan might address on a new Touring (now Performance) model - did not realize it was going to be such a long long wait...
The Nissan representative working the Z display basically said US Nissan dealers were not going to be keen on letting people test drive the Z. I wonder if that’s true?

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
What colors you feel work with black wheels?

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
The Nissan representative working the Z display basically said US Nissan dealers were not going to be keen on letting people test drive the Z. I wonder if that’s true?
The stores are not factory-owned. They can submerge one in a vat of oil if they want.

Jagman2000

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jaguar XK8 Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Black on black is fine. I know that color is a personal preference, but for me I don't think black wheels on the sport trim or on the grays and maybe red on the performance trim compliments the car. My last Jag F-Type was white - beautiful car / wife loved it and I got used to it, but arcuately I wanted more the brilliant silver (in Nissan terms). White is not a fan fav, at least for me. Also wanted to come full circle - my first 280Z/car was the brilliant silver and installed the black lovers on back. Would only go for the new Z with black wheels in a lighter gray or preferably silver if it had the black top as well which I believe is available on the performance trim. Particular aren't I - ha ha

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
That doesn't sound good. I don't buy a $50 pair of jeans without trying on. I'm not spending $50,000 without a test drive. That's just the way I roll, especially when spending large sums.