HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Current rides?

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
How does a college student afford all those cars?
must be that college student that "made" $115 million off bed bath & beyond... only to find out he was given $25 million to invest with in the first place lol

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Just driving a beater daily car lol. I have the 2023 Mustang GT on order.
The Dark Horse? Could be the last ICE Mustang, grab it!

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Nope...thats the 2024 model(s650). I'm going with the 2023 GT(s550). Don't really like the interior of the new one.
Never hurts to own the final model year of a generation. I'd generally rather have that than the first MY of the next gen. Enjoy!

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Never hurts to own the final model year of a generation. I'd generally rather have that than the first MY of the next gen. Enjoy!
Thanks man.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Two things:

1) Didn't know you were selling! I might have reached out had I known - gave serious thought to a GT w/ PP for awhile. Such capable setups.
2) What's the new project?
1) Yep this is the Level 2 PP w GT350 frt hubs, 10.5/11" wheels, Sport Cup 2s, tighter susp tuning, very capable out of the box and up until 2020 could be had for about $45K
2) Not in hand yet but 2-3 choices narrowed LOL, one of them building up a manual Sport Z

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
It's quite a pivot from the Z, but I had this delivered last month. 2022 Elantra N, 6MT, Cyber Gray. Secured it at MSRP a few states over, which rules. Was trying to hold out for a Z, that's still a struggle, was debating a GR86 but I don't want a Subaru engine, GRC's are Unobtanium, would like a new M2 but that's a) not until later this year and b) I don't want to pay interest at that level of money so started doing some research and this entered the picture.

Holy hell, what a car. I'm convinced Gandalf or Dumbledore lives within the LSD, and N mode is just stupid fun. Car drives on rails. Photos don't do them justice, either - I wasn't sure about it until seeing it in person and spending more time with it. Now I can't help but to turn back every time I park it and admire. Really grows on you.

I'm no photographer by any means so forgive the quality, but during my racking up the break-in mileage I couldn't resist a trip to a place where I very much intend on taking it one day. Going to start out with autocross and get my chops back, probably Thunderhill for first track day since it seems to be a bit more forgiving. It's been many moons since I've had something sporty that enjoys being thrashed around, couldn't be happier about it. Ultimate stress relief.

EN Sonoma.png

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Hyundai and Kia make just about the best cars nowadays, with killer tech and very attractive stylings! I really like the EV6, so futuristic. Congrats, that's a beauty.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
2 years in, still using the Poopra as the racecar.

20230127_161852.jpg

Newest addition is my boring electric car which is not picture worthy but super practical. That and my 35 year old Jeep. Not sure what is going to be next for this year. Thinking an old muscle car.