Hands Up all the Aussies

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I'm a bit confused... does anyone know if they are going to honour orders for Red that were placed before they pulled the color . .? e.g. June 2022 ???
Only if the order has an SUO.
If not then your SOoL

Edit: this is my understanding from a few FB posts and limited dealer info. Nobody knows for sure

Last edited:

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
I'm a bit confused... does anyone know if they are going to honour orders for Red that were placed before they pulled the color . .? e.g. June 2022 ???
My dealer seems to think I wonā€™t be getting a red one anymore. I have no idea what Nissan is sending me, if anything. Complete clusterfuck

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Occupation
GMSV Sales Manager
My understanding was also no SUO = no red.

Once there is an SUO, that means the plant has a plan to build the car.

If your dealer doesn't have that for you, then you won't get a red (unless you get an allocation where its already built/cancelled order).

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Some good newsā€¦ Aug 1 my car was builtā€¦ should be on a ship sometime in September and delivered in late Oct or early Nov.

(ordered end of Dec 2022)

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
So 3 weeks in the USA and I saw 1 Z.

in a dealership in mexicoof all places.

was checking dealers withing 100 miles of all locations as still trying to spotto a Blue one.
I live in the state of Illinois Chicago area and still haven't seen a Z in the wild. It's a major metro area, thought I'd have at least seen one by now.

Another constrained vehicle the Ford Bronco (COVID/prod issues/demand) has finally started appearing in greater numbers in my area. Although it was only a matter of time, given Ford intentions to build Broncos in far greater numbers than Nissan with the Z. My Bronco finally arrived two months ago.

I wonder if the Z will ever arrive in sufficient numbers to make it easy to get one.

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
According to the Nissan Australia instagram page this morning, Passion red is still a thing šŸ¤¬

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
According to the Nissan Australia instagram page this morning, Passion red is still a thing šŸ¤¬
hey they did put a diaclaimer that it is an overseas model

so yeah that fixes everything!

going to talk to my dealer next monday be curious what they ahve to say as I know they had some red on order.

but personally curious what they will say re blue interior
more so as the new reports mention it for the 24 model but it's not on the nissan configurator yet.

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
hey they did put a diaclaimer that it is an overseas model

so yeah that fixes everything!

going to talk to my dealer next monday be curious what they ahve to say as I know they had some red on order.

but personally curious what they will say re blue interior
more so as the new reports mention it for the 24 model but it's not on the nissan configurator yet.
Yeah I was wondering about the blue interior as well. From what I can tell the dealers are as much in the dark as we are atm

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
Occupation
GMSV Sales Manager
As someone that worked in a dealership for quite a while... yeh, for new features/spec changes, we are often in the unknown as much as everyone else. Just about all we get more than customers is stock info (build/eta/boat names/vin etc...).

Often guests would give me updates for new specs/changes šŸ˜‚

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
Okay, disclaimer: This is the 2023 US brochure. YMMV.

The red exterior was not available with the blue interior.

Screenshot_20230828-202737.png
Thanks.
I guess Iā€™m trying to explore other colour options now that red is off the table. Problem is I donā€™t really know whatā€™s on the table anymore and Nissan in general seems completely uninterested.
Iā€™m turning to the dark side now (Supra)šŸ˜‚

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Thanks.
I guess Iā€™m trying to explore other colour options now that red is off the table. Problem is I donā€™t really know whatā€™s on the table anymore and Nissan in general seems completely uninterested.
Iā€™m turning to the dark side now (Supra)šŸ˜‚
Best of luck finding a Supra. I tried and it was just as hard to find a manual for a good price. Let alone the color I wanted. Wait lists were crazy everywhere I looked.

Bert

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI performance
Best of luck finding a Supra. I tried and it was just as hard to find a manual for a good price. Let alone the color I wanted. Wait lists were crazy everywhere I looked.
Iā€™m in Australia. Put down a refundable deposit, price can move a little depending on retail adjustment for next yearā€™s model but thatā€™s it. Azure blue, manual. Approx 12 month wait time. Iā€™ve still got a deposit on the Z which is now refundable so Iā€™ll just sit on that and see which comes first. Was never in a great hurry to get this car but the whole Nissan experience has been a disappointment