Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
All quiet out there, anyone still waiting for a car had any updates?
I was trying to hold out till my Z4 has its service in 3 weeks…but I have to say, seeing the paint issues, transmission issues, katana issues, blank screens etc.
I think I made the right choice, only regrets are I still miss a manual car and I didn’t do it earlier rather than wasting two years waiting for nothing
After I’ve had it serviced I’ll post if I still am happy or regret my choice 🤣🤣

Good luck everyone

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Spoke to my dealer the other day, but no update from Nissan on when my car will be delivered or even shipped. He's at a loss given build date of December week 1. He seemed to think it was a manual issue but has no official reason for the delay.
He did confirm it would be June at tge earliest now but most probably July. Whatever is happening it must be bad for them not to ship the cars out that were built 6 months ago

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
I picked up Eliza this morning.

Build date is 01 Jan 23.

I have read about so many issues and watched youtubes with people dissing this and that. I was prepared for all manner of problems and frustrations from axle tramp to black reversing camera to paint chips caused by opening the bonnet.

Yeah so none of that happened. I have none of the complaints typically voiced, maybe they fixed these issues by 01 Jan? Maybe I got lucky, maybe it will take a few more drives to notice them.

Right now the car is exceeding my every expectation and I am super happy about that!

My only gripe is the first aid kid and tyre pressure gauge I got are generic. They are not Z branded and since I only wanted them as collectibles, these things they gave me are a total waste. Should have spent that money on beer.

I hope everyone has as positive an experience as I did when they take delivery, hopefully that happens sooner than later for some of you!

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I was trying to hold out till my Z4 has its service in 3 weeks…but I have to say, seeing the paint issues, transmission issues, katana issues, blank screens etc.
I think I made the right choice, only regrets are I still miss a manual car and I didn’t do it earlier rather than wasting two years waiting for nothing
After I’ve had it serviced I’ll post if I still am happy or regret my choice 🤣🤣

Good luck everyone
I want to be able to say I have none of these issues but the jury is out on 1st to 2nd gear change. The gears don’t grind, the change just feels a little ‘clunky’ in the shifter. Otherwise I love it. I kind of like the fact it still has a lot of physical controls - I hate touch screens for everything.

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I want to be able to say I have none of these issues but the jury is out on 1st to 2nd gear change. The gears don’t grind, the change just feels a little ‘clunky’ in the shifter. Otherwise I love it. I kind of like the fact it still has a lot of physical controls - I hate touch screens for everything.
Hopefully it’s just a break in period for you and all will be well.
I too am not overly fussed on touch screens…it’s the mum in me, I hate the damn finger prints. The Z4 has touch screen but also manual buttons to access the screen. When I first got it I used the touch screen all the time until I figured out I could use the dial and buttons to access everything I needed. I was driving around with a microfibres cloth to wipe it down every five minutes 🤣

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I picked up Eliza this morning.

Build date is 01 Jan 23.

I have read about so many issues and watched youtubes with people dissing this and that. I was prepared for all manner of problems and frustrations from axle tramp to black reversing camera to paint chips caused by opening the bonnet.

Yeah so none of that happened. I have none of the complaints typically voiced, maybe they fixed these issues by 01 Jan? Maybe I got lucky, maybe it will take a few more drives to notice them.
I haven't experienced any of these either and mine is a Jun 22. I've had it 5 months now and haven't had any issues arise. My wife, who has a habit of noticing and nitpicking any tiny detail that's off, talks about how perfectly everything seems put together on the car. Not sure if we're lucky or the other guys with issues are unlucky.

My only gripe is the first aid kid and tyre pressure gauge I got are generic. They are not Z branded and since I only wanted them as collectibles, these things they gave me are a total waste. Should have spent that money on beer.
Didn't even know they were options. My dealer didn't offer me anything.

Monza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bit of this, bit of that
645 days since deposit down

I'm going to have bail out soon

Instant asset write off ends 30 June so any element of financial sense (tax minimisation) I could use to convince myself goes out the window

records I've been shown have the car built second week of February 23. A real shame Nissan can't seem to work out how to take people's money from them.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Change of topic - but for anyone still annoyed at no wireless Apple CarPlay, I bought one of these (via Amazon) and it works perfectly.
IMG_3065.jpeg

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That's messed up. Your deposit was down before mine
It doesn’t seem to matter when you put your money down.l pulled out three weeks ago, but Jezza had his name a couple of weeks before me by memory…around 2 years and a month since our deposits were placed

Darkhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
I just spoke to nissan, they tell me the 1000km service isn't actually a service, its a check up, and there is no oil change until 10k

This seems wrong to me. When should we be doing an oil change?