West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Spotted first Z here in Perth.

Proto.

Fwy exit at Arena. Very nice.
Wonder who it belongs to….I’ve seen the yellow performance driving around. But it’s still the dealers and he drives it on the weekends 🤣
Did you like the colour?
And what were you doing at the arena…surly not following that MMA fighter 🤣🤣

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
How did you know!

In fact, got one of them at a meet and greet… and just now with his partner going into the arena… I was near the intersection where I spotted the Z but it was wait for him to arrive or go back to the street and get a clear view of the Z… but you know “work” 😂

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I got tired of waiting for the Hot Wheels to hit the shelves in red.
Prob best since all the others are Tomica also.

20230214_162002.jpg

Starting to get a good collection

20230214_163507.jpg

20230214_163249.jpg

Last edited:

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
So it looks like I'll be moving overseas for a while later on this year and I can't really justify keeping the Z in storage for when/if I come back so it's gonna go up on carsales later today. I won't be going for at least 6 months but I figure it's better to try selling it now before others start getting delivered in the next month or so. An extra 90k or whatever would also be useful in the offset account with interest rates the way they are. A sad day for sure :(

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Update…my dealer just called.
I now have a VIN
Yay…looks like it is finally actually happening

For those guys who haven’t heard anything…he also said they are expecting communication from Nissan Corp any day now regarding the outstanding deliveries.
I think I’ve said before, but my dealer has over 20 orders..his first allocation (of which my car is in) is just two

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I now have a VIN

For those guys who haven’t heard anything…he also said they are expecting communication from Nissan Corp any day now regarding the outstanding deliveries.
I think I’ve said before, but my dealer has over 20 orders..his first allocation (of which my car is in) is just two
Great to know thanks. I believe I'm order # 5 or 6 at the same dealer.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Also…looking at insurance again.

Quite a few people have said Budget Direct.

I think it’s important to note that they will not insure the car for agreed value.
For instance …the Z Coupe is costing around 84k on road in WA. Budget directs policy will only cover market value which they have placed at 72500k.
So what?, you may say. if something happens to a new car in the first two years they have to replace it. But here is the kicker, most insurance companies fine print state they only have to replace it up to the market value of said car …meaning if your car is a write off, sure they will replace it, but you will have to pay the extra 10-12k shortfall plus’s excess.
RAC is around $100 more a year BUT that’s covering the car for 80000, and only $100 excess if you have to replace the windscreen instead of the 700 excess (which is also a $100 less than budget direct)
They also do not impose a driver age restriction. Yes if someone under 21 drives it and it’s damaged the excess rises and by quite a bit, but they can drive it.
For someone with a teenage son, this is a very important detail. Even if it’s for something like moving the card around when we are not home ….accidents can happen.

I’m not bashing Budget Direct, and not even sure if any of these things apply to them (just that they do for most insurance companies) only saying please look at the policies properly, because saving $100 now could cost you a lot more in the long run

Last edited:

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
I now have a VIN

Just to confirm you now have received a VIN number from your dealership at Osbourne Park and and ETA for delivery?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just to confirm you now have received a VIN number from your dealership at Osbourne Park and and ETA for delivery?
Yes I have a VIN…ETA is still end of April start of May….however dealer said that usually when they get a VIN in Feb they would see a car late March.
He did stress though the Zs have been following a different timeline to most, so expect it late April/May and if it comes earlier it’s a nice surprise.
He will update when the system shows which boat it’s on

The VIN literally came through this morning ….wasn’t there yesterday

Last edited:

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
Yes I have a VIN…ETA is still end of April start of May….however dealer said that usually when they get a VIN in Feb they would see a car late March.
He did stress though the Zs have been following a different midline to most, so expect it late April/May and if it comes earlier it’s a nice surprise.

The VIN literally came through this morning ….wasn’t there yesterday
Okay, thanks for that. I received an update from my dealer this morning as i'd been bugging him. He wasn't able to provide me with any VIN number, as in the past he had told me that until its on the water he won't be provided with a VIN number. Not sure how true that is based on your information now. He told me that they are loading a boat in the next few days and my Proto will provisionally be on that and is due in Freo mid March and to me/him end of March. Do all dealers have access to the same Nissan data and system? As some dealers are forthcoming and others it appears not.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Okay, thanks for that. I received an update from my dealer this morning as i'd been bugging him. He wasn't able to provide me with any VIN number, as in the past he had told me that until its on the water he won't be provided with a VIN number. Not sure how true that is based on your information now. He told me that they are loading a boat in the next few days and my Proto will provisionally be on that and is due in Freo mid March and to me/him end of March. Do all dealers have access to the same Nissan data and system? As some dealers are forthcoming and others it appears not.
No I don’t believe they all have the same system. It depends on what conglomerate they are part of …for instance mine is part of the AHG group. So Nissan Aus gives their group the details and then they put it in the system to each of their dealers…that’s if I was informed correctly
I thought I wouldn’t get anything until the car was on the boat either , maybe it’s closer to delivery than first thought, or maybe because it’s part of a larger batch it’s been made but waiting on others to send them all together.
Who knows? All I know is I, happy that this time things seem to be moving in the right direction and the wait may be coming to an end

As I said, I called my dealer yesterday, he had no intel. Only came through this morning, so your dealer may be in a similar boat

dackoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R - FN2
Occupation
Engineer
No I don’t believe they all have the same system. It depends on what conglomerate they are part of …for instance mine is part of the AHG group. So Nissan Aus gives their group the details and then they put it in the system to each of their dealers…that’s if I was informed correctly
I thought I wouldn’t get anything until the car was on the boat either , maybe it’s closer to delivery than first thought, or maybe because it’s part of a larger batch it’s been made but waiting on others to send them all together.
Who knows? All I know is I, happy that this time things seem to be moving in the right direction and the wait may be coming to an end

As I said, I called my dealer yesterday, he had no intel. Only came through this morning, so your dealer may be in a similar boat
Thanks for the clarification. My dealer indicated that their Stock Controller was at Nissan yesterday and hence my update this morning. Would be great it information from dealers to customers flowed freely without the need to keep nudging them

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Also…looking at insurance again.

Quite a few people have said Budget Direct.

I think it’s important to note that they will not insure the car for agreed value.
For instance …the Z Coupe is costing around 84k on road in WA. Budget directs policy will only cover market value which they have placed at 72500k.
So what?, you may say. if something happens to a new car in the first two years they have to replace it. But here is the kicker, most insurance companies fine print state they only have to replace it up to the market value of said car …meaning if your car is a write off, sure they will replace it, but you will have to pay the extra 10-12k shortfall plus’s excess.
RAC is around $100 more a year BUT that’s covering the car for 80000, and only $100 excess if you have to replace the windscreen instead of the 700 excess (which is also a $100 less than budget direct)
They also do not impose a driver age restriction. Yes if someone under 21 drives it and it’s damaged the excess rises and by quite a bit, but they can drive it.
For someone with a teenage son, this is a very important detail. Even if it’s for something like moving the card around when we are not home ….accidents can happen.

I’m not bashing Budget Direct, only saying please look at the policies properly, because saving $100 now could cost you a lot more in the long run

its important to have choice of repairer as i'd rather use someone I know rather than the insurance company sending out to their cheapest bidder