Hands Up all the Aussies

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
If you believe it went to them.

there have been a number of scams over the years for these with all the winners being family and friends.

I have zero trust on these.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
It's an issue on the 370 too, VDC when off still intervenes doing a brake stand burnout and cuts the power, pain in the ass for drags as you can't get heat into the tyres. Can be bypassed by pulling the fuse or bypassing the brake pedal switch. ECUtek is working on a solution for it in their tunes
These guys seem to have figured it out somehow.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
as soon as mines run in it will be on the skid pan doing a motokana

cars are much more fun sideways
* In controlled environments with correct safety gear none of this on street bullshit.

1675207899664.png

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
These guys seem to have figured it out somehow.
I immediately noticed this too.
Can't wait to find out.

Getting my car back from Whiteline in a couple of hours, and will be taking it to AK Racing for the baseline dyno before the custom exhaust goes in tomorrow.

AK are going to try to figure the TCS issue out in ECUTek.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Getting my car back from Whiteline in a couple of hours, and will be taking it to AK Racing for the baseline dyno before the custom exhaust goes in tomorrow.
Definitely keen to hear your exhaust once it's done if possible. I normally keep things pretty stock but exhaust is the thing I want to change the most on the car (besides tyres).

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I must be getting old, I simply see no point in burn outs, donuts etc. All I see is expensive tyres being destroyed…
😖😢
The power limiting is VERY aggressive, even with TCS off.I MHO it is borderline dangerous on spirited drives, especially with stock front end and rubber.

Certainly not an issue for daily driving, but I wish there was a way to temporarily disable it (or if the traction on/off button actually did what it was meant to... )

MY gut feeling is that Nissan didn't want these things wrapping themselves around trees when coming out of car parks the way the 2015 Mustangs did lol.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Definitely keen to hear your exhaust once it's done if possible. I normally keep things pretty stock but exhaust is the thing I want to change the most on the car (besides tyres).
Of course!

I'm pretty torn on the design (still).
Have a plan for 2 into 1 with two tips (ie a Y join under body).
Since arriving at the design though, all the aftermarket ones are coming out as 2 into 1 into 2 (ie same as factory X join), and a couple sound ok...

Rob Bliss are going to spend a bit of time on it- trial and error piece by piece to get the best fit/sound. AK Racing can work out best tune from there. I'm not fussed about a couple of kw here or there, would much rather it not sound like a dry fart.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Perfect, cheers mate.
I'm useless at this myself, but will talk to the team and see what they can do.

If I work it out I'll post. :)

Reactions: Mud

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Busy couple of days...
Front/Rear sway bars fitted out at Whiteline (Fulcrum). Turn in even more precise now - I have done a bit of testing on the softest dampening settings (closest I can get to stock) and it's much better. Will slowly retune it to a harder dampening to hit sweet spot for it (keeping in mind it's pretty much my daily at the moment).

First baseline dyno is done - AK Racing were surprised that the numbers were as high as they were. We were expecting 250-260kw at the bags. Peaked at 281kw/461nm on (Australian) 98 octane fuel. No other performance mods. Note both lines are pure baseline - no tuning whatsoever.

We did this baseline only to test a couple of different exhaust configurations. Rob Bliss Exhausts are working on a system now, but we are going to start with effectively a 3.5" axle back first. Once we run another baseline, I'll then take it for a catback (removing secondary cats), test again and finally I'll do turbo back and intakes before a final ramp and tune.
I included a pic of the exhaust setup from lunchtime. Haven't had a chance to go back yet, but I'll try to get more pics and a sound clip if I can fit it all in around work.

Any questions, ask away.
As always, happy to show and tell once it's all in too. All the service I've had from AK Racing and Rob Bliss has just been top notch so far. Can't recommend them highly enough!

2023_02_02_15_21_35_Photo_Google_Photos.png

PXL_20230202_025807057.MP.jpg

PXL_20230202_025754187.MP.jpg