Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
WAs laws are antiqaited
We can’t get our plates unless we hand in the original set…can’t do that until car is registered.
So we order, pay and then DOT keeps them until we can swap them out.
So stupid.
Exactly the same as NSW.

The Z went in for its first 'complimentary' service today where I think they pretty much do nothing but check it over with no issues to report. It was at 1700km instead of 1000km scheduled after its unplanned road trip up the coast. The Z performed quite admirably whilst away. It chews up the km's easily and is surprisingly fuel efficient on the freeway drinking about 6L/100km. At 110kmh the auto chugs along around 1500rpm. The manual may drink a bit more. It's not unbearable, but there's definitely a fair amount of tyre roar going on on the freeway.

Got a little bit of driving in up there though the weather was pretty dreadful so not as much as I would have liked for fear of potholes on back country roads. It loves long sweeping corners and I quite enjoyed the 'softness' everyone is complaining about on our rough roads. On smooth roads or the track I can see why you would want to stiffen it up but for 90% of occasions I think it is fine as is. My biggest complaint is still the tyres - I think a decent set will vastly improve the car especially in tighter bends. The slippery tyres were handy though when entertaining the local bogan mullet kids with a burnout in the carpark - as per their request.

It's good to see a bit of excitement returning to the thread with people's orders being confirmed. It's worth the wait ;)

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Exactly the same as NSW.

The Z went in for its first 'complimentary' service today where I think they pretty much do nothing but check it over with no issues to report. It was at 1700km instead of 1000km scheduled after its unplanned road trip up the coast. The Z performed quite admirably whilst away. It chews up the km's easily and is surprisingly fuel efficient on the freeway drinking about 6L/100km. At 110kmh the auto chugs along around 1500rpm. The manual may drink a bit more. It's not unbearable, but there's definitely a fair amount of tyre roar going on on the freeway.

Got a little bit of driving in up there though the weather was pretty dreadful so not as much as I would have liked for fear of potholes on back country roads. It loves long sweeping corners and I quite enjoyed the 'softness' everyone is complaining about on our rough roads. On smooth roads or the track I can see why you would want to stiffen it up but for 90% of occasions I think it is fine as is. My biggest complaint is still the tyres - I think a decent set will vastly improve the car especially in tighter bends. The slippery tyres were handy though when entertaining the local bogan mullet kids with a burnout in the carpark - as per their request.

It's good to see a bit of excitement returning to the thread with people's orders being confirmed. It's worth the wait ;)
Thats actually pretty good fuel mileage, we do the L/100 here in Canada land too. Nice to see she's a good low revver at highway speeds

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Good to know…I was looking at getting slims, just wanted to be sure before I did the order.
Now to decide what I want to put on it

Any suggestions?? Anyone??
Just based on your user name, how about 'WEST AU Z'?

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Good to know…I was looking at getting slims, just wanted to be sure before I did the order.
Now to decide what I want to put on it

Any suggestions?? Anyone??
1674590994281.png

1674588139697.png

1674588167415.png

1674590125551.png

1674590182703.png

1674590159798.png

couldn't see how to do this one on WA site so used Vic's

1674588505728.png

but the reality plates are very you specific.
WA is also lucky that you have 9 char to play with rather than the usual 6 (that said The shorter always looks better)

are you lloking to add in details like:

• name
  • model
  • brand
  • something about yourself?
  • something else?

Last edited:

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Gees, plates are cheap over in WA compared to comparable combination in Qld...

And so many good combinations available...

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
…gotta admit I’m tempted to use the long wait one 🤣
Yes plates are pretty cheap but they do vary …funny enough the ones you can put whatever you like and not restricted to a certain amount of numbers or letters are mid range.

@SRF nice …congratulations and enjoy

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
…gotta admit I’m tempted to use the long wait one 🤣
Yes plates are pretty cheap but they do vary …funny enough the ones you can put whatever you like and not restricted to a certain amount of numbers or letters are mid range.

@SRF nice …congratulations and enjoy
I like the BIGWAIT one (or LONGW8 nut not BIGW8 - sounds like a budget department store).

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Hi. I have been watching and reading this thread for a long time - but this is my first post. I have a blue manual coupe on order - but until today had not driven the car. Decided I should test a manual demonstrator at my local dealer. Drove it this morning. I like the car overall - but was dismayed by the rev hang when upshifting through the gears. Has anyone else experienced this? I have driven manual cars for years - so I don't think it is me. The rev hang is spoiling the fun as it makes the upshifts jerky and unnatural.
I have noticed it in a few reviews. I wonder if it is a side effect of rev matching? Maybe try turning it off?

jpw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus
Occupation
journalist
Sorry - I just deleted that post as I was going to edit it. Am a bit of a newbie a this. The rev hanging occurred with the rev matching turned on as well as off.

jpw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford Focus
Occupation
journalist
It felt weird because the revs would not drop quickly after releasing the clutch when changing gears at high rpm - which made the process feel clumsy - jerky. Maybe I need more practice with the car.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
The rev hanging occurred with the rev matching turned on as well as off.
I noticed the same thing and as a seasoned manual driver felt like I was shifting poorly. No doubt it's just a quirk that'll we'll soon learn to drive around.

Reactions: Mud