Hands Up all the Aussies

Raff

First Name
Gtr
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Lol We were driving the same car I'm just used to faster better handling cars. Even my current daily just to tide me over is 350rwkw and that's still "ok" lol,
I've been corrupted, I race Karts and bikes, never really had something that was slow.
By all means it's decent and a great car and will suit more than most buyers as is, I know the platform an potential it has with a few tweaks to make it what I want
I would agree with you after my test drive, it's going to be very difficult to leave stock. It just doesn't have that hold on for dear life feel. I've also purchased a GR Yaris RallyE and believe that pulls just as hard stock. What mods are you thinking of doing?

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
If there is anyone in WA or perhaps Aus and want to buy parts in a group purchase to save shipping costs let me know. I’d be keen on an exhaust but not sure which one and what’s available at the stage.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I was thinking the same, thought about front and rear sway bar kit to start, original Nismo or Z1 performance, but should wait till actual delivery and a bit of time on the road with it to figure out what's best for me

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter

I would agree with you after my test drive, it's going to be very difficult to leave stock. It just doesn't have that hold on for dear life feel. I've also purchased a GR Yaris RallyE and believe that pulls just as hard stock. What mods are you thinking of doing?
First up
Tint, Catted DPs and exhaust, ECUtek tune, either stiffer lowered springs or coilovers.

Then ill progressively add intakes and heat exchanger, discs, lines and pads, better tyres once the stock ones wear out. Probably sway bars and a short shifter.
Few other bits and bobs along the way but the sound and a better tune is definitely first off the ranks to at least get around that 320rwkw, makes motives car alot more punchy and fun on the road getting rid of that dead spot in the torque curve.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Haven't seen anyone release intakes yet specifically for the Z. Just the Nismo one so far. I've been holding out for those. Don't have the car yet either, but already amassing parts lmao

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
Haven't seen anyone release intakes yet specifically for the Z. Just the Nismo one so far. I've been holding out for those. Don't have the car yet either, but already amassing parts lmao
There's a few intakes, I'll be going with AMS and for most of the red alpha parts being as they have a lot of development for the Q50/Q60

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
I'd just got for the Exhaust or Cat Back and nothing else... I tend to keep my car for 3-4 years and onto the next!

Although... Veilside did something nice with their interior trim... Alcantara looking inserts, where ever the colored leather was (not seating) more doors, center console and dash - I'd be keen to change those!

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
I'd just got for the Exhaust or Cat Back and nothing else... I tend to keep my car for 3-4 years and onto the next!

Although... Veilside did something nice with their interior trim... Alcantara looking inserts, where ever the colored leather was (not seating) more doors, center console and dash - I'd be keen to change those!
Any pics? The interior already has alcantara on the door inserts

Id probably do the shift boot/knee pads would look good

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Wow…I’m gonna make a packet when I eventually sell…be one of very few that’s stock (apart from tinted windows) and a selling point of “one lady owner” 🤣

In all honesty I may be interested in an exhaust to get it really humming….but how does this affect warranties?
My son swapped his out on his commodore, so I’d probably just get him to do the mechanics side which I feel would have to affect it in some way

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Mercedes-Benz didn’t have a problem with me changing out the exhaust for a straight pipe and asked them what voids warranty when I purchased the car. They said anything mechanical to the engine. So exhaust should be no problems!

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Mercedes-Benz didn’t have a problem with me changing out the exhaust for a straight pipe and asked them what voids warranty when I purchased the car. They said anything mechanical to the engine. So exhaust should be no problems!
I've never heard of an exhaust system voiding warranty. Aftermarket tuning/fuel mapping though, absolutely.

2in2out

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FG Turbo Ute
Occupation
Firefighter
Generally warranty is void on the bit you modify and or can be proven that what you modified caused x to fail. If you put a exhaust on and your window wipers stop working then you're still covered, if your cats shit the bed then more than likely it'll get denied.