Hands Up all the Aussies

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Sorry been AFK.. whereabouts was it communicated that production hasn’t started yet for Australian Coupes?

Reactions: Mud

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Further more the plant has now been made fully automated which means that they should be be able to produce far higher numbers
Wait, what? Where did you read this?

If true, surely this answers your question -

So why the delay?
You can't just automate a production line over night and keep it pumping out cars at the same time.

Pupz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
987 Boxter, Z in waiting
Hi Team, news of further delays are very disappointing. Being one of the lucky ones, have been driving my proto now for a week. Not as refined as a Supra or my 987 Boxter, but certainly has a charm and personality all its own. Even though still driving below 4000RPM, enjoying the car more every day. Does nothing perfectly (maybe except styling!!); but everything well. Tech is good, interior pleasant, handling reasonable (especially flowing corners), shift OK and engine strong….a good overall package.

Jump if you must, but little else out there… RWD, manual, 400hp and comparably priced.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Sorry been AFK.. whereabouts was it communicated that production hasn’t started yet for Australian Coupes?
@loudsx posted this article

https://www.drive.com.au/news/nissan-z-waiting-list-tops-1200-cars-z-proto-numbers-still-secret/

If we are not seeing coupes till next mid next year….they haven’t started.
Plus that’s what my dealer said as well.
She said they were expecting to hear in the next few weeks the delivery timeline …once production starts.
At this point it’s all a big joke

Last edited:

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I haven’t completely given up, but I have put a deposit on an alternative and will see which gets a committed build date first.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Sorry to back track a little…but I simply can’t believe that Nissan will not divulge how many Protos they have committed to.
Limited…but how limited?
Making 500 compared to 2000 will effect resell value and customers deserve to know what they are paying for.
The guy in that article has skirted around every detail that actually counts.
How many Protos
A commitment o a real time line, instead choosing wishy washy language reminiscent of when they were asked about delivery time lines last year.
There is absolutely no commitment on any front

At this point I have to ask….am I the stupid one letting them sit on my money in the bank?
Am I stupid to believe this car will get here? Am I stupid to believe the cost is worth what we are getting?
And have I just gotten caught up with the hype and the look of the car?

I’m so disappointed

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
At this point I have to ask….am I the stupid one letting them sit on my money in the bank?
Am I stupid to believe this car will get here? Am I stupid to believe the cost is worth what we are getting?
I have been asking myself am I the stupid one for buying the proto without knowing how limited it is.

I do like it though... Quite a lot. I feel like we are still getting to know one another but the more I drive it and learn how it is, the more I like it.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I understand what you're saying. For me this purchase was a spontaneous and exciting decision, especially when I believed that I would have one of the first Zs in the country. Unfortunately that ship has long since sailed and looking back I've now realised that I'd become far too mentally attached to what was probably unrealistic exceptions. I'm now not certain that having a Z in my garage would bring the same level of joy that it may have delivered 6 months ago.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
I was told production starts in January from my dealer

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I was told production starts in January from my dealer
The problem is it’s not the first time we have been told production will start, it keeps getting pushed back, I’ve lost count how many times we have been given timelines only to be left wanting