Hands Up all the Aussies

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Dang, I recall last summer your dealer reaching out about a Proto, and idea of possible Aug delivery? Now delivery is pushed half year later to 2023. :(

At this rate, here in the USA it could be 2024, before a Z is available at non-inflated prices.
Yeah mate, we've all had a small handful of different dates offered and yeah, this might be my fourth timeframe (?). I'm unsure now.

Feel for you mate, as yeah, id say 2024 sounds like a reasonable guess, but shit, who'd of thought we'd be talking about '23 here at the end of '22 as a likely date for initial release.

Surely nissan execs are feeling pretty nervous about the public relations following this debacle..

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Yeah mate, we've all had a small handful of different dates offered and yeah, this might be my fourth timeframe (?). I'm unsure now.

Feel for you mate, as yeah, id say 2024 sounds like a reasonable guess, but shit, who'd of thought we'd be talking about '23 here at the end of '22 as a likely date for initial release.

Surely nissan execs are feeling pretty nervous about the public relations following this debacle..
Imagine buying brand new 2023 MY Z's built in 2022 some time in 2024. Shi*, they'll be 2025 model years by then. haha
Be auto-cancelling my 2023 order, and ordering a 2024 model year in the spring for ... here we go again, "summer delivery".. late summer.. oh maybe fall! 😂

Sounds like a crazy logistics nightmare for Nissan. At some point they're going to have to ship out what they have, and set up for the 2024's. A lot of the cars that are just now hitting the lots in the USA have relatively early build dates and low VIN numbers.. (saw one hit new york, A performance in white. VIN was 310169 - Started at 310000 and it just landed) I'm wondering if they legit halted actual production, and they haven't actually built any new ones since the spring. And they're very, VERY slowly dripping out a few cars a week as they get components to finish what they built?

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
why as 10 people on a random internet forum are unhappy?

there is nothing in the media or general published on this.

honestly thir PR department is doing a much better job than the logistics team!

Reactions: Mud

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Other news on the grapevine today.
Z production to ramp up Jan Feb Mar.
Expected Coupe deliveries from Mar
I appreciate that the dealerships finally received an update but why don’t Nissan send a "We have your oder, ETA April" to customers like every single other car company does?
Sorry, I'm becoming a grumpy old man.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I appreciate that the dealerships finally received an update but why don’t Nissan send a "We have your oder, ETA April" to customers like every single other car company does?
Sorry, I'm becoming a grumpy old man.
Because the ETA is ∞

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
The NZ guy who just took delivery says that the Z production line was down and this has caused the delays

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Sub install in my proto is done.
Sounds MUCH better now... But...

The fucking artificial engine sounds...
Can't turn them off in system, and hoooooly shit it's loud now. Like unbearably loud.

I've got it sorted for the time being with an active crossover, but apparently Nissan dealerships can turn it off, so I'll be 100% doing that at my first service (now due)

Screenshot_20221105-140038.png

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Got a photo of your setup?
Just the one above for now. Doesn't look flashy like a bespoke setup, but this is more than enough in this car for now :)

I want all the mods I do to be pretty discreet from the outside. It's why I'm really wrestling with the exhaust choice...