Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I sat inside the one at Osborne Park Nissan today for the first time. Interior felt more premium than I expected which is a plus. Dealer suggesting to should have mine before end of year and I was only a early June 22 order.
Well that’s my dealer…so if you get yours, I better darn well get mine 🤣

On another note, I agree …interior was much better than I expected, and the car in itself is much more sportier in person. By that I mean you look at a mustang and you look at a Z, and in pictures they kinda look as chunky as each other, but in person the Z is smaller in a good way, nice lines and very much a sports car

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Well that’s my dealer…so if you get yours, I better darn well get mine 🤣

On another note, I agree …interior was much better than I expected, and the car in itself is much more sportier in person. By that I mean you look at a mustang and you look at a Z, and in pictures they kinda look as chunky as each other, but in person the Z is smaller in a good way, nice lines and very much a sports car
I hope she meant this year and not next!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I hope she meant this year and not next!
Well, all I know is my order was in April 2021 ….and last I spoke to her, she still didn’t have an update as to their first allocations on the ship, so hate to tell you, but it doesn’t sound very positive

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Well, all I know is my order was in April 2021 ….and last I spoke to her, she still didn’t have an update as to their first allocations on the ship, so hate to tell you, but it doesn’t sound very positive
I’m not saying anyone’s wrong - just relaying what I heard. I’m not losing any sleep about the timing.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I’m not saying anyone’s wrong - just relaying what I heard. I’m not losing any sleep about the timing.
Oh, sorry.
I didn’t mean to imply that
I just meant…I hope you are right, because it’s been a long wait with no sign of any VIN numbers yet

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Dealer suggesting to should have mine before end of year and I was only a early June 22 order.
I understand that these dealers have good intentions but they should not be suggesting timeframes. I spoke with a Nissan Australia representative this week and there are no timeframes whatsoever for non allocated cars.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Which dealer is this at jezzza?

I wouldn't mind test driving a manual Z to see what it is like and whether it is worthwhile me putting an order through for a coupe even though I cancelled my Proto order.
I asked at Capalaba though their car is still a few weeks off. Supposedly both Caloundra and Caboolture currently have a demo though unsure of which transmission.

In hindsight wish I'd taken over your Proto order, the dealer could have made it work. Only because I'm so sick of waiting for this Coupe allocation.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I hear you loud and clear @jezzza
Had I know the wait would continue for the coupe, I would have stumped up the extra to get my hands on one. Fully frustrated

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Oh, sorry.
I didn’t mean to imply that
I just meant…I hope you are right, because it’s been a long wait with no sign of any VIN numbers yet
All good. Like I said I’m pretty relaxed. Want it now but am accepting of the situation. I don’t think any manufacturers have much ability to plan well at the moment.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
I asked at Capalaba though their car is still a few weeks off.

Ok cool will check it out when it comes in. I am not going to waste my time test driving an auto 😜

In other news I have literally just got back from putting deposits down for the new Mustang.

I put 2 deposits down one for a GT and one for a Dark Horse. GT was $1k and put down $2.5k for the Dark Horse. Dealer wanted a $5k deposit for the Dark Horse but managed to get them to accept lower due to also placing an order for the GT.

Put down 2 deposits as I am not sure if the Dark Horse will be in budget and didn't want to risk having only that on order only to potentially find out when pricing is released it is out of budget and then having to go to the back of the queue to place an order for GT.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ok cool will check it out when it comes in. I am not going to waste my time test driving an auto 😜

In other news I have literally just got back from putting deposits down for the new Mustang.

I put 2 deposits down one for a GT and one for a Dark Horse. GT was $1k and put down $2.5k for the Dark Horse. Dealer wanted a $5k deposit for the Dark Horse but managed to get them to accept lower due to also placing an order for the GT.

Put down 2 deposits as I am not sure if the Dark Horse will be in budget and didn't want to risk having only that on order only to potentially find out when pricing is released it is out of budget and then having to go to the back of the queue to place an order for GT.
The Z is going to be really rare…not because of the amount they will produce, but because by the time they actually arrive most people would have given up and bought something else.
If the mustang was smaller I would have been on board too

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
The Z is going to be really rare…not because of the amount they will produce, but because by the time they actually arrive most people would have given up and bought something else.
If the mustang was smaller I would have been on board too
I think you underestimate peoples paitence.

plus according to nissan there will be 1200 by end Q1 next year.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think you underestimate peoples paitence.

plus according to nissan there will be 1200 by end Q1 next year.
We shall see…Nissan also said that there would be deliveries mid 2022….which has well and truly gone
As to patience, I may vent, but I’m still here a year and a half on from my order

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
My mate said he saw a blue Z driving around in Hamilton, Brisbane today.

The closet dealer is at Newstead and just looked at their Facebook page and yesterday they posted to book a test drive of the Z and has a stock photo of a blue Z.

I wonder what transmission they have.