Hands Up all the Aussies

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Did you have a deposit there? Or just asked for a drive? I have a deposit at another dealer so not sure how it works if I drove over there today :)
Thanks mate
Give Luke at Bartons a call, it should't be a problem.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
if you want a Z proto itā€™s the only chance you will get

I hate this
There's got to be some give and take here.

Yes it's the only chance people will like get to own a proto, but it's also bloody likely that it's the only chance people will get at making 30k overnight aswell.

I just can't be virtue signalling after the fucked up last couple of years we've had. People have done it hard with covid and now with rising interest rates and costs of living. The coin they may be able to get from a potential sale could mean more to them than any rando's on a damn forum might understand and I for one respect a person's choice to navigate this quagmire for themselves. The choices I make for myself certainly do not make me superior to another should they make a different decision.

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Everything felt great, screen was fine. The car's an absolute weapon, it launches like a missile and the rear kicks out easily. Although not my cup of tea, the automatic was smooth and surprisingly quick. To me the car felt smaller, quicker and much more playful than the Mustang GT.
Exactly my feelings except I had a chance to muck around with gears (also no issues)
Itā€™s a completely different car to a mustang.
In comparison the mustang is huge.
The Z is for me the happy medium between a MX5 and a mustang in terms of size.
It looks better than bothā€¦now we just continue to wait

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
P
There's got to be some give and take here.

Yes it's the only chance people will like get to own a proto, but it's also bloody likely that it's the only chance people will get at making 30k overnight aswell.

I just can't be virtue signalling after the fucked up last couple of years we've had. People have done it hard with covid and now with rising interest rates and costs of living. The coin they may be able to get from a potential sale could mean more to them than any rando's on a damn forum might understand and I for one respect a person's choice to navigate this quagmire for themselves. The choices I make for myself certainly do not make me superior to another should they make a different decision.
People who have done it hard donā€™t have 90K to pay for a car in the first place.
Just furthering the divide.

Iā€™m not going to change how I feel, and I get I wonā€™t change how others feel, and Iā€™m not trying too.

Just saying donā€™t come complaining when dealers figure out they can start scalping as well

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Brisbane- Prestige Ace currently offloading
This was the only one we could spot, but there may be more behind it.
Whilst itā€™s a good stepā€¦it appears to be another proto.

I thought they were making only 150 Protos for Australia. If this is how long it takes to pump out 150, what Hope do those who ordered a coupe have
Totally demoralisingā€¦

Feeling a bit down ATM as Iā€™m also waiting in my sons passport to arriveā€¦12 weeks on nothing, there are people waiting for 20 weeks and only getting theirs 2 days before travel
Honestly the stars are just not aligning for me šŸ˜¢

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Brisbane- Prestige Ace currently offloading
This was the only one we could spot, but there may be more behind it.
Unless anyone else has confirmed their proto is coming in the Prestige Ace, I'm gonna go ahead and claim that one is mine šŸ¤£

On a side note - Bartons mentioned to me that even though Nissan are offering the yellow coupes, they weren't actually making them? (and that they weren't able to take orders for them).

Seemed very odd, but I had wondered if they had maybe converted the first batch of yellow coupes into protos to give us that second round we saw?

Has anyone else heard this?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
On a side note - Bartons mentioned to me that even though Nissan are offering the yellow coupes, they weren't actually making them? (and that they weren't able to take orders for them).

Seemed very odd, but I had wondered if they had maybe converted the first batch of yellow coupes into protos to give us that second round we saw?

Has anyone else heard this?
Thatā€™s falseā€¦there are at least two dealers that have yellow coupe demos

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Your thought mud?
Compared to my 370z with 100kms on it
  • Seats are very similar but feel firmer perhaps cause newer.
  • Road noise is much reduced from the rear. 370z has a lot of rear tyre/road noise that comes throught the hatch area. Greatly reduced in the new Z.
  • New electric steering is much lighter than the hydraulic steering of the 370z.
  • Feels bigger inside than the 370z.
  • Looks bigger on the outside than the 370z.
  • Realistically it's prob the same size in and out.
  • The digital display seems angled toward you (closer at the top) which is off-putting at first.
  • Boot seems the same size
  • 8" screen is fine. Not amazing but it'll do. Seems weird with the blank black space on either side though.
  • Has Digital Radio
  • The 370z is sleek sexy and feminine, the new Z is masculine and tough and wide
  • As you look out the windscreen the 370z has beautiful curves to the left and right of the bonnet. The new Z has a meaty buldge in the middle.
  • Exhaust is nice sounding when you put your foot down and super quiet otherwise, I like it.
  • New 2nd cupholder is even more useless than the existing one.
  • Rear hatch seems heavier harder to open than 370z but is fine
  • Much smoother ride than the 370z. Though my 370z had 18s vs 19s on new Z

Last edited: