Hands Up all the Aussies

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Seriously this muppet show of a roll-out beggars belief.
Hopefully the Mustang rollout will be a lot better as I quite like the new one especially the interior update as it looks a lot nicer and more premium than the previous gen.

That was my biggest issue with the previous gen and that is why I got my BMW over it.

I now plan to put an order down for a Dark Horse assuming that we get it here and put a back up for the normal GT in case it is out of budget and or limited and can't get one.

So obviously I plan to completely move on from the Z. I was potentially still considering getting a coupe when I cancelled my Proto order but I would be looking at only getting one probably late next year due to how many orders would be ahead of me which is hopefully around the time the Mustang will come out anyway,

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I now plan to put an order down for a Dark Horse assuming that we get it here and put a back up for the normal GT in case it is out of budget and or limited and can't get one.
Looks like the Dark Horse has just been confirmed for Aus today. Damn, it looks tempting!

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Looks like the Dark Horse has just been confirmed for Aus today. Damn, it looks tempting!
Yeah just saw that to that it has been confirmed for Australia.

I have a felling the Dark Horse will be out of budget for me as I can see it pushing $100k and might have to settle for a normal GT but if the Dark Horse is less than $10k more than the GT I might try and stretch for it. So I think I will try and put and order for both the Dark Horse and normal GT and cancel the Dark Horse if it is too much.

If the GT comes in around the same price as the Z I think the Z will struggle quite a bit in comparison.

Only major downside to the Mustang is that it will be far more common than the Z so the Z will still be the rarer car.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a felling the Dark Horse will be out of budget for me as I can see it pushing $100k and might have to settle for a normal GT but if the Dark Horse is less than $10k more than the GT I might try and stretch for it. So I think I will try and put and order for both the Dark Horse and normal GT and cancel the Dark Horse if it is too much.

If the GT comes in around the same price as the Z I think the Z will struggle quite a bit in comparison.
I think in the current environment it will likely be over $100k unfortunately.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Yeah most likely will be but if it is $10k more than a Mach 1 could just sneak under $100k.

Crazy to think that a few years back around $100k would get you a Supercharged R-Spec Mustang with 522kW and now you are looking at a top of the range normal version for potentially around the same price.

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
Yeah most likely will be but if it is $10k more than a Mach 1 could just sneak under $100k.

Crazy to think that a few years back around $100k would get you a Supercharged R-Spec Mustang with 522kW and now you are looking at a top of the range normal version for potentially around the same price.

Sigh... I had an order in place for an R Spec and cancelled it just weeks before delivery. Cheapest one is now $120k used. I did get to drive one last year and it was a handful.

The reason I didn't buy it was I thought at the time 100k was too much for the car given the level of fit and finish. If buying cars has taught me anything, rare and desirable cars always go up in price, it just depends on how long you hold them for.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Emailed dealer to see if they had a demo yet, yes they git a car but it goes to the boss as a drive car, no one else allowed to drive it
WTF.
On another not jetstar just cancelled flights home from honolulu, stuck for another 3 nights, lifes tough
This dealer demo crap is really pissing me off.
My dealer is currently waiting to be rebuilt, so they have a tiny showroom with no room for actual carsā€¦so similar to you the dealership boss will be driving it around

So much for looking after your customersā€¦if I hadnā€™t waited for so long and now have next to no other options without waiting againā€¦this sort of treatment would be enough to pull my money

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
How much will we have to pay?Most likely 20k more than the Z.
That would be a no from my husband šŸ˜–
Plus it wonā€™t fit in the carport šŸ¤£

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How much will we have to pay?Most likely 20k more than the Z.
That would be a no from my husband šŸ˜–
Plus it wonā€™t fit in the carport šŸ¤£
Yep probably $20k more.

I've put down a deposit for the Dark Horse. Only $1k and fully refundable. I really like the look of it and I've always been a Ford guy deep inside. Not a big fan of the name though...

I still plan on taking delivery of the Z. Drive it for a few months - if I fall for it I can cancel the Mustang. If I don't I can probably flip it for around the same price I paid. I don't think I would have done this a few months ago but the Z rollout has really left a sour taste in my mouth.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
OMG Nissan Aus is doing my head inā€¦t posting about the Z twice in 3 hours when no one can get one