Hands Up all the Aussies

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I went at checked out the Gun Metallic manual coupe at Osborne Park Nissan in Perth yesterday. It was just sitting out in the open in the yard. @West Aussie is right - looks even better in the flesh. Her pics are better than the ones I got as the car was pretty dirty by the time i saw it (from sitting out in the wind).

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I went at checked out the Gun Metallic manual coupe at Osborne Park Nissan in Perth yesterday. It was just sitting out in the open in the yard. @West Aussie is right - looks even better in the flesh. Her pics are better than the ones I got as the car was pretty dirty by the time i saw it (from sitting out in the wind).
Yeah they are waiting in thier new digs to be built down the road,,,,no space in the temporary show room to fit a car. I’m surprised it was left out though, they were going to take it home with them

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
So I did a quick shop around on insurance - still awaiting Shannons and Youi (who I won't use) to get back to me with their follow up questions etc, but thought I'd post this here for interest sake:

1662949893755.png

FWIW, I am 40, full open licence with no infringements.
I have made a claim (theft) in the past 12 months which was not my fault, but still had to pay excess.
Selected no modifications, garaged overnight (inner-north BNE), up to 10,000kms per year, private use only and market value. Not subject to secure finance, and the excess' were just left at the default offered by the insurers.

I know I can save a bit more by bundling other insurance options, paying annually etc, but thought I would just compare apples with apples on the absolute most basic options available.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I tried rollin

they stated they don’t insure where I live

aami however was 101$ as a comparison point.

Now being this is replacing my 08 mini that is 85 a month I’m pretty happy with it.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Excess is the fee for when you make a claim.

You can increase your excess amount to reduce your premium per year and some people do this as the excess is only payable if you make a claim.

If you are not at fault and the cost can be assigned to someone else then the excess is not required to be paid by you.

https://understandinsurance.com.au/what-is-an-excess

This is possibly why our insurance cost seems to be cheaper than you guys in North America as maybe something like this is built into your insurance costs and is payable regardless of claims.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I'm back to AUS next Friday, will be checking to see of Liverpool Nissan have a demo then.
New XTrail and Qashqai are already on the road here, they look good compared to the old models.
Some have more tech than our Z's.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Yeah, especially when you consider it looks like the participating Brisbane dealers still don't all have drive cars, and there is sure to be some more Protos in the mix. :)
đź’ˇ This demo/proto rollout is dragging on a bit, they should just move on to the coupes. That would keep the vast majority of us happy.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
There are 9 Z's getting off in Brisbane. :)
Mine is one of them :)

Not quite accurate ETA though... It was due on the 13th into BNE, but now scheduled to arrive at 6am on the 17th. It's only just left TSV from memory.
ETD is the 19th, so they should be 100% unloaded by the morning of the 19th.

Customs clearance is done -and compliance shouldn't be an issue as they are already being rolled out of dealerships. Reckon it'll still be about 10 days for transport and pre-delivery.
End of month here we come!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My dealer has no updated delivery information…and they do not have any Protos on order.
I think this means that the next delivery will most likely be more Protos and demo…hopefully then coupes will start.
It’s one step forward, two back…extremely frustrating

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Do you know the name of the ship?
Yep - it is the Prestige Ace (Lloyds number: 9213454)

I've got access to the wharf berthing schedule, and despite what the shipping line or Nissan Australia says, the stevedores have final say on vessel berthing.

If anyone is interested in watching the wharf, it's coming into AAT Berth :

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...003ba1b240310!8m2!3d-27.3795598!4d153.1701705

R&D Schedule (note this is not the live version - which is currently showing 17th at 6am)
https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document//FI R&D Schedule 13-09-2022.pdf