First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Budget Direct actually comes in $120 more expensive than NRMA for me.
Suncorp came in a touch cheaper than NRMA though.

Gonna get a quote with Enthusiast (our Z32 is insured by them) and compare the level of coverage.

@Fontana - In my experience, Budget and Enthusiast won't insure high performance vehicles for people under 30.
Have you checked NRMA? Suncorp?
All good, I just found out AAMI do ridiculously cheap quotes, they ask more questions and because I donā€™t drive it in peak hour traffic the insurance costs way less.

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
All good, I just found out AAMI do ridiculously cheap quotes, they ask more questions and because I donā€™t drive it in peak hour traffic the insurance costs way less.
Thanks for that recommendation- AAMI actually comes in about $500 cheaper than NRMA for me.
Worth considering!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You are going to struggle to get cheap insurance for this car at your age, but itā€™s a necessity. Try not to think about it too much, if you were in WA you would be paying $1000 more for stamp duty, so it all equals out
I agree with Sam though, try NRMA, if itā€™s like RAC not only are they usually cheaper, but more open to younger driversā€¦and Iā€™ve always found them easy to deal with when needed

Budget Direct actually comes in $120 more expensive than NRMA for me.
Suncorp came in a touch cheaper than NRMA though.

Gonna get a quote with Enthusiast (our Z32 is insured by them) and compare the level of coverage.

@Fontana - In my experience, Budget and Enthusiast won't insure high performance vehicles for people under 30.
Have you checked NRMA? Suncorp?
Well NRMA is the equivalent to RAC here in WA, so that makes sense ā€¦being the cheapest

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks for that recommendation- AAMI actually comes in about $500 cheaper than NRMA for me.
Worth considering!
Strange that AAMI didnā€™t come up on the compare sightā€¦.will for sure look into it

EDIT AAMI was only $655 if insured for just myself and my husband, if I add my 20 year old it goes up to $1560šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Iā€™ll see what RAC come in at, but itā€™s a great offer if you dint have kids who can drive

Last edited:

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I had posted this up previously, but Rollin might be an option for some. Came in pretty cheap for me:

1662890110592.png

They are underwritten by NRMA.

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I had posted this up previously, but Rollin might be an option for some. Came in pretty cheap for me:

1662890110592.png

Thanks for this, came up as $105 a month which is cheaper than AAMI. Weirdly my GR Yaris with the same company is $117 a month, itā€™s insured for $25k less so I have no idea how that works

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
RolliN and NRMA are owned and underwritten by IAG. RolliN are brand new and very basic, as above, worth considering if keeping cost low is the main priority. Sorry to be geek, my partner is a developer for IAG and these things are often dinner table conversations lol.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
RolliN and NRMA are owned and underwritten by IAG. RolliN are brand new and very basic, as above, worth considering if keeping cost low is the main priority. Sorry to be geek, my partner is a developer for IAG and these things are often dinner table conversations lol.
Ahh thanks for the correction.
I haven't quoted with NRMA yet, but was pleasantly surprised with the Rollin' quote.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Being a stand alone nissan dealer did have some funky EVs tho.
Lucid/hummer/rivan plus rows on 2nd hand teslas.

0810F17C-63AA-4DBF-B934-BEEF3DECB99E.jpeg

A575CBF0-FDBA-452A-8939-46751D5DC02E.jpeg

75BC9093-4A77-47EF-A40F-B9ABE32B407C.jpeg

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Selling everything but the Z šŸ˜‚
They seemed to have a few trucks
Heaps of vans

other than that what looked like 4 new cars.

tho there was a r35 either track or Nismo not great with usa specs to know for sure just sitting there. Out in open with no fences locks.

how those do t get stolen no idea.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Thanks for this, came up as $105 a month which is cheaper than AAMI. Weirdly my GR Yaris with the same company is $117 a month, itā€™s insured for $25k less so I have no idea how that works
The GR Yaris probably already has a more ā€˜negativeā€™ assumed driver model proven by claims history. The Z wont have a profile yet. Just a thought.