Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hope you are right @loudsx and they are making positive moves to get them out.
The VIN numbers are great, but it doesn’t tell us for sure how many have been made…reason being the earliest made cars could well go straight to media, there maybe a thousand more ( yes it’s an exaggeration) already built after this one…or there could be none.
@peter …indeed a matter of time, the question is will we be dead by that time 🤣

Tassie Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
My dealer called today ( Tasmania) said they have a car eta to dealership 29 sept. Flagged as do not sell. Better not be blue and manual 😂. Strikes me as strange for a dealership that hasn't sold a single 370 because its rural country

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
My dealer called today ( Tasmania) said they have a car eta to dealership 29 sept. Flagged as do not sell. Better not be blue and manual 😂. Strikes me as strange for a dealership that hasn't sold a single 370 because its rural country
It's really concerning that dealerships are getting Coupe allocation confirmation before customers. If there are going to be further delivery delays they need to advice us now.

Tassie Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Much like eveyone man I check the thread daily and I think the lack of info is the worst bit. I don't really care when what how etc but somthing would be nice. I work FIFO so my assumption are a call one day saying hey it's here. And I'm out of the state for a month 🤣

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Pretty much an october delivery.

I suppose down in tassie, the extra kilometres add up, but damn. That'd be a year since I put money down, and a year and a half or so for others.

ya'know, i reckon this wait is getting progressively harder just with the sheer amount of smack talk going on about the z and proto in particular.

I get this is the internet, but some of these days I'm thinking I've mistakenly gone onto the zupra boards, and not the Zs.

Anyhow. Sooner the car arrives, the better.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Much like eveyone man I check the thread daily and I think the lack of info is the worst bit. I don't really care when what how etc but somthing would be nice. I work FIFO so my assumption are a call one day saying hey it's here. And I'm out of the state for a month 🤣
Shit dude, away for a month? I work 2 on, 2 off and that's bad enough, can't imagine a month. You work in the oil fields or something?

Tassie Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Shit dude, away for a month? I work 2 on, 2 off and that's bad enough, can't imagine a month. You work in the oil fields or something?
Haha nah I work for the shipping company that moves cars / freight between tas and Victoria so it's not too bad! But yeah the month off is nice! Two and two would be good but I'm too used to the bigger break now!

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Haha nah I work for the shipping company that moves cars / freight between tas and Victoria so it's not too bad! But yeah the month off is nice! Two and two would be good but I'm too used to the bigger break now!
Ha, fucking hell mate, you should be the one giving ya nissan dealership the timeframe! 😅

Tassie Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Ha, fucking hell mate, you should be the one giving ya nissan dealership the timeframe! 😅
I've already played the card once before when they tryed to sting me $$$ silly amount for delivery. Nah mate I'll grab it in Vic and bring it across myself. Magically dropped the freight price 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It's really concerning that dealerships are getting Coupe allocation confirmation before customers. If there are going to be further delivery delays they need to advice us now.
Yeah…really not too happy about it either…a lot of people on this forum knew about the Z before the dealers did and have been teaching them about it…not the other way around.

If it’s happening in Tassie, it sure as heck will be happening mainland.
Seriously, a rural dealership that hasn’t sold a 370z over customers who have put their money down is pretty poor form in my opinion (but you guys know that already 🤣)

Tassie Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Yeah…really not too happy about it either…a lot of people on this forum knew about the Z before the dealers did and have been teaching them about it…not the other way around.

If it’s happening in Tassie, it sure as heck will be happening mainland.
Seriously, a rural dealership that hasn’t sold a 370z over customers who have put their money down is pretty poor form in my opinion (but you guys know that already 🤣)
The timelines all seem to line up and let's be serious if tassie is getting this info were the last to know / be thought of 😂

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Spoke to my dealer today (NSW). He's a decent bloke and has been pretty upfront with me. Who knows if this is true, but thought i'd share as more information is better than none IMO.

- Total Batch #1 for Australia is 500 cars (probably delivered over a few weeks given what we've seen so far)
- 170 Protos bound for Australia (they've got 6 allocated to customers through their dealership)
- 330 Coupes remain

Now that Nissan's finish the Protos, they'll begin allocating Coupe's based on Dealer submissions to them. Process will apparently be the same as the Protos i.e. eventually we'll get an email from Nissan once allocated.

Dealers will get Demo stock during this time (end Aug/Early Sept) so customers can test drive (I suspect this is part of the 330 Coupe allocation to Australia).

In summary, it's getting closer! :)

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
- Total Batch #1 for
- 170 Protos bound for Australia (they've got 6 allocated to customers through their dealership)
- 330 Coupes remain

Less 50 dealer demo's leaves 280 cars for customers?

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Spoke to my dealer today (NSW). He's a decent bloke and has been pretty upfront with me. Who knows if this is true, but thought i'd share as more information is better than none IMO.

- Total Batch #1 for Australia is 500 cars (probably delivered over a few weeks given what we've seen so far)
- 330 Coupes remain

Now that Nissan's finish the Protos, they'll begin allocating Coupe's based on Dealer submissions to them. Process will apparently be the same as the Protos i.e. eventually we'll get an email from Nissan once allocated.

Dealers will get Demo stock during this time (end Aug/Early Sept) so customers can test drive (I suspect this is part of the 330 Coupe allocation to Australia).

In summary, it's getting closer! :)
Which dealer did you use if you don't mind me asking