rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Awesome, thanks mate!
I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, so will have a crack myself also :)

Actually - did you add a fuse to this? Or just used the one attached to the button you replaced?
(I ordered the physical button just now, and have a spare garage remote - happy days!)
you could probably just add an inline fuse. just gotta remember it's there and alert the next owners if you ever decide to sell the z.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Sad news this morning,
Called my dealer because I didn't get a call as suggested I would, last week.

My dealer is a B1 dealer and still won't be getting any cars this year. Build date Jan 2023, with expected delivery Feb.

I said, "are you sure I'm even getting a Proto with a build date that late?" He said "yes definitely a Proto"

I guess I'll keep saving my money then....

Dealer said things could change, but that is the current status.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
when did you put your order in?
October 2021

Dealer said he is sending me an email today with as much info as he has, an SO number but no VIN until the car is on a ship inbound for QLD.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
October 2021

Dealer said he is sending me an email today with as much info as he has, an SO number but no VIN until the car is on a ship inbound for QLD.
The whole allocation process has been pretty bizarre and this just makes it even more so. If Nissan has been controlling allocations based on first in best dressed it shouldn't matter who or what your dealer is.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Sad news this morning,
Called my dealer because I didn't get a call as suggested I would, last week.

My dealer is a B1 dealer and still won't be getting any cars this year. Build date Jan 2023, with expected delivery Feb.

I said, "are you sure I'm even getting a Proto with a build date that late?" He said "yes definitely a Proto"

I guess I'll keep saving my money then....

Dealer said things could change, but that is the current status.
How can that be….@muds dealer says the rest of the outstanding Protos are on the boat …I can’t see a proto being built Jan 2023, that dosent make sense especially as they are only making 140 for our market. Why would they only do half?
This is all very strange, and makes me very sceptical about getting a coupe this year

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Alot of assumptions, but my guess is that Nissan are allocating Protos to dealers, and your dealer got their order in to Nissan late.

I'm still of the view Nissan have to do everything through dealers, so for any 'expectation gap' it's most likely because of this. I feel like dealers are fighting for inventory, just like customers.

However, given people are cancelling proto orders, you never know mate.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
My dealer is a B1 dealer and still won't be getting any cars this year. Build date Jan 2023, with expected delivery Feb. I said, "are you sure I'm even getting a Proto with a build date that late?" He said "yes definitely a Proto"
Something doesn't add up here, what you've been told contradicts everything else that we've heard so far.

I hope we're not all about to learn that our upcoming Aussie rollout is a big charade and retail cars ain't on their way..

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
the roll-out drama in this thread is insane. does aus not have a regional director or someone like dan passe that can clear up some of the confusion? at least a person dealerships can go to for accurate information...

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
the roll-out drama in this thread is insane. does aus mot have a regional director or someone like dan passe that can clear up some of the confusion? at least a person dealerships can go to for accurate information...
There is, we have both a Director of Sales and a few District Sales Managers but they seem to be under a gag order. I genuinely believe that dealerships are in the dark and also playing the guessing game.

My best guess is the Z hasn't 'officially' been released here yet and there'll be some transparency next month.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Something doesn't add up here, what you've been told contradicts everything else that we've heard so far.

I hope we're not all about to learn that our upcoming Aussie rollout is a big charade and retail cars ain't on their way..
I agree.

I smell a big steaming load of BS from the dealer. (disclaimer, very happy for you if I'm proven wrong)

Why would Nissan manufacture any other cars for any market unless their halo cars (Protos) were all made.
We've seen US Performance/Sport Trim, Aus, Japanese and demos in various trims. It would make no sense.

Unless they ran out of yellow paint, yellow stitching or bronze wheel paint?

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
No real news, but I just received an email directly from Nissan and copied into my dealer confirming my proto allocation. For those that have not seen the letter I have attached it below.

I was told by my dealer that the car I ordered was in the country and it is likely only a few weeks away.
nissan order111.jpg

Nice to have something official from Nissan as I have only had dealer confirmation till this date.

Has everyone else received an email such as this for those that have confirmed proto allocations?

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Not seeing a VIN number or confirmation that it's even in the country / off the production line, in that email.
(I was also told my car was weeks away, until this morning)
What a shit show.

EDIT: I have the same email as of a few minutes ago.

Last edited: