Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey West Aussie, It just occurred to me I had not asked about non proto cars. Its possible they are also on the boat.
God I hope you are right…but still not a single person who ordered a coupe has been contacted yet, so I doubt it.
I was hopeful when @jezzza dealer said they were allocating coupes last week…even kept the faith that they were half way through at the end of last week and perhaps we had to wait for all to be completed to hear more …but it’s now Thursday, almost at the end of the week, and still nothing.

I can’t say it’s looking good …to be honest it’s actually really demoralising.

Nissan should check out all the social media pages, and different forums, on every single one people are giving up and buying something else
They have handled this so badly.

Also begs the question why only 46 Protos? Would say @Ballast Scorcher get his manual ( instead of settling for auto) if he waited for a second drop…or is there really no second drop coming

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
No idea on the other protos. How many were supposed to be released?

I just got a quote from Shannons to insure the proto and was very pleasantly surprised. $1033 P/A $850 excess and new for old for the first 2 years, not that you could get another one it is got stolen or written off! :(

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

I just got a quote from Shannons to insure the proto and was very pleasantly surprised. $1033 P/A $850 excess and new for old for the first 2 years, not that you could get another one it is got stolen or written off! :(
We were rumoured to get 120 but I always thought that was optimistic…who knows

Budget direct I think is coming under that, although I don’t know what they are like to deal with …I’ve always found RAC to be the cheapest in WA by quite a Margie, and they have always been fantastic to deal with

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist

I think last time we talked insurance budget direct were OK for performance but would not quote for the proto

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think last time we talked insurance budget direct were OK for performance but would not quote for the proto
True…forgot about that, but most insurance companies are nit even listing it yet…wouldn’t hurt to call around. I reckon you could get it cheaper

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
God I hope you are right…but still not a single person who ordered a coupe has been contacted yet, so I doubt it.
I was hopeful when @jezzza dealer said they were allocating coupes last week…even kept the faith that they were half way through at the end of last week and perhaps we had to wait for all to be completed to hear more …but it’s now Thursday, almost at the end of the week, and still nothing.

I can’t say it’s looking good …to be honest it’s actually really demoralising.

Nissan should check out all the social media pages, and different forums, on every single one people are giving up and buying something else
They have handled this so badly.

Also begs the question why only 46 Protos? Would say @Ballast Scorcher get his manual ( instead of settling for auto) if he waited for a second drop…or is there really no second drop coming
If anyone were to get a call about a performance allocation you should be among the very first.
When I talked to customer service yesterday I asked that as Nissan had stopped the pre orders due to reaching production capacity for 2022 could that mean people with pre orders before the cut off may get a car. The response was contact sales for that information, and by that they meant your dealer.
My response was how would the dealer know you are the ones who stopped the orders.
We went round in circles for a while without getting any info on that.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If anyone were to get a call about a performance allocation you should be among the very first.
When I talked to customer service yesterday I asked that as Nissan had stopped the pre orders due to reaching production capacity for 2022 could that mean people with pre orders before the cut off may get a car. The response was contact sales for that information, and by that they meant your dealer.
My response was how would the dealer know you are the ones who stopped the orders.
We went round in circles for a while without getting any info on that.
This is my main gripe right here.
It’s the lack of information, so you ask a question and they palm you off to a dealer…the poor dealer probably knows no more than us, so why do that?

It’s infuriating

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Jezzza and I are buying from the same dealer.

I got my new paperwork yesterday and the gist of the email was:
Nissan are going to start confirming orders soon, if you're still interested please sign new paperwork and confirm you still want to go ahead

Just gotta wait for that call now

Last edited:

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
How many protos is the aus market expected to get? And how it compares to the canadian market? In sales of the last gen 370z

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Nissan are going to start allocating cars soon, if you're still interested please sign new paperwork and confirm you still want to go ahead

But how long will that call take…I signed my new paper work almost three weeks ago now …I’m not trying to be pessimistic, but when you’ve had your order in for as long as I have, you’ve heard everything all before. It’s hard to keep positive

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
How many protos is the aus market expected to get? And how it compares to the canadian market? In sales of the last gen 370z
Dealers have said 120…half of what the US has.
But then others have said there’s will be 500 world wide. So with Aus and US making up 360 that would only leave 140 for Japan, NZ, Canada and anywhere else it’s being sold…kind of dosent add up to me

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Dealers have said 120…half of what the US has.
But then others have said there’s will be 500 world wide. So with Aus and US making up 360 that would only leave 140 for Japan, NZ, Canada and anywhere else it’s being sold…kind of dosent add up to me
Yeah if canada and aus are labelled small markets totally does not add up at all. Im sure 240 units for usa and 240 units for japan is pretty guaranteed.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I’ll sign but I'm not overly impressed with this, it has no relation to Nissan Australia, our order, allocation, or delivery timeframe. I was told multiple times that we wouldn’t be asked for binding contracts until allocation and delivery window are confirmed.

Nissan are going to start confirming orders soon, if you're still interested please sign new paperwork and confirm you still want to go ahead

This is kind of the conversation that my dealer had with me a couple of weeks ago. 29 June to be precise.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I'm hearing you.

Honestly though, I've barely given the matter any further thought. Like I said earlier, wind back the clock and tell me that an auto was on the shelf and I'd hardly stomach the notion, but I've come to terms with it and see it as a bit of a win-win.

After all, surely a person wouldn't be putting a step wrong financially by buying a limited edition car as beloved as the Z line of cars. Providing the purchase isn't placing the holder or loved ones under financial stress, of course.

It's good to hear murmurings of cars being moved around. In all honesty, I'm not the least but surprised to hear speculation of the protos being first to drop. I'm surprised anyone is if im being real. Go back near on a year and I'd of said the same with the coupes following closely behind. I'd of said closer behind than what it seems to be currently though. Maybe a month or so behind is what I'd of said

Hopefullythings start moving along officially through nissan released correspondence.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
M
I'm hearing you.

Honestly though, I've barely given the matter any further thought. Like I said earlier, wind back the clock and tell me that an auto was on the shelf and I'd hardly stomach the notion, but I've come to terms with it and see it as a bit of a win-win.

After all, surely a person wouldn't be putting a step wrong financially by buying a limited edition car as beloved as the Z line of cars. Providing the purchase isn't placing the holder or loved ones under financial stress, of course.

It's good to hear murmurings of cars being moved around. In all honesty, I'm not the least but surprised to hear speculation of the protos being first to drop. I'm surprised anyone is if im being real. Go back near on a year and I'd of said the same with the coupes following closely behind. I'd of said closer behind than what it seems to be currently though. Maybe a month or so behind is what I'd of said

Hopefullythings start moving along officially through nissan released correspondence.
maybe because all the information coming out of Nissan including what they gave to media releases said a mix would be sent on the first allocation