Hands Up all the Aussies

machan

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z Proto
At least you know…I want to know either way.
If I have to wait another year …like you I’m out
Was told that only 50 protos have been made/released out of Japan so aus is expected to get less than 20 this first run. Guy that ordered through my dealer start of April last year has signed his paperwork but nothing for me and I’m second on their list. I’ve been told if one becomes available because someone else cancels that they will call me. Apparently Nissan australia has a list of all orders aus wide so they are just going through the list on order/deposit date

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Was told that only 50 protos have been made/released out of Japan so aus is expected to get less than 20 this first run. Guy that ordered through my dealer start of April last year has signed his paperwork but nothing for me and I’m second on their list. I’ve been told if one becomes available because someone else cancels that they will call me. Apparently Nissan australia has a list of all orders aus wide so they are just going through the list on order/deposit date
Well I ordered a coupe in April 2021 ….was hoping I’d get a car this year, but not confident now

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
Like a lot I have an updated contract but no guarantee of delivery yet. As soon as I see in stock details I'll let the group know. :)

Despite being an "insider" I have gone through the same process as everyone here. We have a number of Nissan dealerships and I choose to order mine through our biggest volume dealer, as I thought they may get more cars based on volumes.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just had an interesting talk with Nissan customer service in Melbourne, they couldn't give any timeframes but told me that the dealers will be contacting customers, and that allocations to dealers is being done by Nissan Japan.
Who really knows what's going on all information we get seems to contradict the information before it.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Just had an interesting talk with Nissan customer service in Melbourne, they couldn't give any timeframes but told me that the dealers will be contacting customers, and that allocations to dealers is being done by Nissan Japan.
Who really knows what's going on all information we get seems to contradict the information before it.
Very odd, especially coming from Nissan directly. It's been confirmed though dealer bulletins that dealerships ain't getting allocations, at least not for preordered vehicles.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Very odd, especially coming from Nissan directly. It's been confirmed though dealer bulletins that dealerships ain't getting allocations, at least not for preordered vehicles.
I garrantee that if someone else called they'd get a different answer

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Sydney dealer has informed that they are have viewings of their new range on Aug 11, hasn't been able to confirm if there will be a Z, will let me know

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
This dealer told me today that they only had 2 photos and they have both been allocated

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Could it be that they are going to use some sort of allocation formula like the USA

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Just got an email from my dealer asking me to sign a new contract for my Nissan Z Coupe , Manual in Passion Red with super black roof.

@jezzza check your inbox!

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just got an email from my dealer asking me to sign a new contract for my Nissan Z Coupe , Manual in Passion Red with super black roof.

@jezzza check your inbox!
Is that actual order confirmation or just new paperwork

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Is that actual order confirmation or just new paperwork
Just new paperwork

Interesting that the price is now about $1k more than when they called to let me know official pricing a few months back