Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just new paperwork

Interesting that the price is now about $1k more than when they called to let me know official pricing a few months back
whats the price when you use the nissan website, is it close to original price you had.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Price on website is almost bang on what they quoted originally (79k plus change)
20220720_162454.jpg

New contract says
$80970 driveaway

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Price on website is almost bang on what they quoted originally (79k plus change)
20220720_162454.jpg

New contract says
$80970 driveaway
I would ask why the increase, also when I talked to customer service in Melbourne today they confirmed that the loyalty discount has been renewed for owners of nissan vehicles

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
20220720_162454.jpg

New contract says
$80970 driveaway
Did you change colour? Or postcode?
If not ask why not …advertised at the price they should deliver at that price @jezzza this is the one upside I can see to doing updated paperwork, price is locked so even though you have resisted it might be worth doing

Last edited:

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It's also posted on this site, read the article and as it states that Australian production won't be affected didn't give it much thought.
However with all the conflicting information we get this will probably be another excuse for delivery delays.
Really..I didn’t see it here, been falling behind as I have a new job which requires me to actually work🤣
I agree with you . I noticed it states that Nissan Aus says our allotment is not delayed. But not Nissan Direct.
At this stage I don’t hold out much hope.

However the other way to look at this is it says they are halting orders in Japan from July to build for pre existing orders
So …could they mean that even in Japan orders up to July will be honoured, but they just won’t accept anymore for a while?

Either way I have lost all faith in the information we are receiving. If it doesn’t have a VIN it means nothing

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
It's also posted on this site, read the article and as it states that Australian production won't be affected didn't give it much thought.
Likewise, to me it reads that preorder allocation is exhausted in Japan as it has been here for sometime.

Am I misunderstanding something?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Likewise, to me it reads that preorder allocation is exhausted in Japan as it has been here for sometime.

Am I misunderstanding something?
Not really, I was just questioning if we can actually trust that pre orders will come through if they have cut orders in Japan arguably a place they usually service first
I mean all article still say they are coming “mid2022” they got about 5-6 weeks for that to happen…as yet no one has a VIN

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Just got an email from my dealer asking me to sign a new contract for my Nissan Z Coupe , Manual in Passion Red with super black roof.
I’ll sign but I'm not overly impressed with this, it has no relation to Nissan Australia, our order, allocation, or delivery timeframe. I was told multiple times that we wouldn’t be asked for binding contracts until allocation and delivery window are confirmed.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I’ll sign but I'm not overly impressed with this, it has no relation to Nissan Australia, our order, allocation, or delivery timeframe. I was told multiple times that we wouldn’t be asked for binding contracts until allocation and delivery window are confirmed.
Yeah that annoys me a little too

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
I have heard a rumour that there are 46 Proto spec cars en route to Melbourne and should be docking tomorrow or the day after on a ship called the Bergamot.

These cars are already allocated and people that have a contract will be receiving their cars very shortly. I did ask how many protos were allocated and the dealer could not confirm, I still don't have a VIN but have completed all paperwork and have requested a vin so I can get insurance sorted out.

I am guessing it will take a week to get these cars to dealerships and another week for pre delivery so if it is indeed true, the first protos should be on the road by about the 8th August.

FWIW my driveaway price on the contract is $86,955.47

I am going to ring shannons and get a quote now. It might pay to do the ring around and start the insurance process with the impending deliveries. I'm off to clean out the garage and order a car cover :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I have heard a rumour that there are 46 Proto spec cars en route to Melbourne and should be docking tomorrow or the day after on a ship called the Bergamot.

These cars are already allocated and people that have a contract will be receiving their cars very shortly. I did ask how many protos were allocated and the dealer could not confirm, I still don't have a VIN but have completed all paperwork and have requested a vin so I can get insurance sorted out.

I am guessing it will take a week to get these cars to dealerships and another week for pre delivery so if it is indeed true, the first protos should be on the road by about the 8th August.

FWIW my driveaway price on the contract is $86,955.47

I am going to ring shannons and get a quote now. It might pay to do the ring around and start the insurance process with the impending deliveries. I'm off to clean out the garage and order a car cover :)
What does that mean for people who ordered coupes.

Honestly this has to be the crappiest roll out in history, for my mind they totally f@#ked it up.

At no stage were people told that the proto delivery would be different to the coupes…this could have been enough for me to chose a proto over a coupe.
The total utter lack of credible information is a joke

That’s my weekly rant done …although it’s getting to a point where it is becoming daily 🤣

Last edited:

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
Hey West Aussie, It just occurred to me I had not asked about non proto cars. Its possible they are also on the boat.