Hands Up all the Aussies

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
So I think I can explain the viewing car.

when I was ordering they mentioned that Nissan had 2 pre productions cars in country, a blue and a Yellow and they let the dealers have a look/sit late May early June.

however being pre production they don;t ahve VIN's and can not be registered or driven on the roads, and need to be crushed within a set time frame.

this is why the car reviews we saw from AU media it was all staged in a car park and not driven.

I would expectthese will be used for the media to also do a drive day at a track (usually haunted hills as cheapest to hire)

So this would explain the view but not test drive.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just got an invite to view the new Qashqai, xtrail and pathfinder
Not the invite I was hoping for

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Does make you wonder.
One of the reasons I waited for the Z over the MX 5 was the better tech…but now it’s pretty line ball.
Leaving us out of the 9inch screen with Sat nav and wireless car play was a big mistake
The screen is a little annoying, however I can live with the wired carplay. I've found current implementations of wireless carplay a little hit and miss on audio quality so always plug in anyway. Maybe missed on short trips I guess. :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The screen is a little annoying, however I can live with the wired carplay. I've found current implementations of wireless carplay a little hit and miss on audio quality so always plug in anyway. Maybe missed on short trips I guess. :)
We have a Honda CR-V ….the wireless works really well never had an issue.

As to viewing, I understand why…just think what’s the point. Seen so many pictures and videos, I know I like the look of the car already

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Real vehicle templates have been entered into the Dealership Management Systems, still calling it a 400Z though, so I am checking daily to see when the inventory with VIN's appear.. It's getting close. My guess is we are two weeks away from vehicles being into pre-delivery. Which makes the 25th date pretty likely. Depending on the queues into ports, will determine which state get's them into port first, though likely a national release date similar to the Next Gen Ranger. It's been a long wait, but it's nearly over, which doesn't make it easier. :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Real vehicle templates have been entered into the Dealership Management Systems, still calling it a 400Z though, so I am checking daily to see when the inventory with VIN's appear.. It's getting close. My guess is we are two weeks away from vehicles being into pre-delivery. Which makes the 25th date pretty likely. Depending on the queues into ports, will determine which state get's them into port first, though likely a national release date similar to the Next Gen Ranger. It's been a long wait, but it's nearly over, which doesn't make it easier. :)
Oooo…..are you our first Aussie dealer onboard?
Excellent, have you as a dealer been told what some customers have? That being Nissan Aus will call customers direct for confirmation of a car?
And do you know if it’s only Protos in the first delivery or a mix of the two models?

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Oooo…..are you our first Aussie dealer onboard?
Excellent, have you as a dealer been told what some customers have? That being Nissan Aus will call customers direct for confirmation of a car?
And do you know if it’s only Protos in the first delivery or a mix of the two models?
Ha ha, yes, I've been hanging around for a while. You'll see I was pretty close on my early pricing prediction. Whilst not necessarily so, the Mustang was always going to the yardstick on pricing, as opposed to the Supra with it's BMW premium pricing.

The honest truth is that the dealerships are as much in the dark as most. A lot of OEM's have been doing allocations, rather than orders. Stock controllers within a dealership will generally over order to have yard stock available for immediate delivery. So in these times of shortages, the OEM simply allocates stock. Behind the scenes there is some horse trading to satisfy customers, however not always possible, as most dealerships have a pretty big order book at the moment.

Special order cars like the Z and recently the BRZ and Toyota in general are built to order and require customer validation to ensure accurate deliveries, and no stocking.

The Proto's are a bit more unique, and really pitched at the Z enthusiast and as such Nissan are trying to ensure that first in first served is honoured, otherwise unscrupulous operators might be tempted to maximise their gross per unit. This is a bit complex as you can imagine as signed contracts from the original customer are required as they go through the order book and confirm the order or accept a cancellation. In general if you are the origin person who ordered and have been allocated you'll be contacted through the dealership.

Not certain yet on the blend of what has been shipped, protos have priority, however others are shipping. :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ha ha, yes, I've been hanging around for a while. You'll see I was pretty close on my early pricing prediction. Whilst not necessarily so, the Mustang was always going to the yardstick on pricing, as opposed to the Supra with it's BMW premium pricing.

The honest truth is that the dealerships are as much in the dark as most. A lot of OEM's have been doing allocations, rather than orders. Stock controllers within a dealership will generally over order to have yard stock available for immediate delivery. So in these times of shortages, the OEM simply allocates stock. Behind the scenes there is some horse trading to satisfy customers, however not always possible, as most dealerships have a pretty big order book at the moment.

Special order cars like the Z and recently the BRZ and Toyota in general are built to order and require customer validation to ensure accurate deliveries, and no stocking.

The Proto's are a bit more unique, and really pitched at the Z enthusiast and as such Nissan are trying to ensure that first in first served is honoured, otherwise unscrupulous operators might be tempted to maximise their gross per unit. This is a bit complex as you can imagine as signed contracts from the original customer are required as they go through the order book and confirm the order or accept a cancellation. In general if you are the origin person who ordered and have been allocated you'll be contacted through the dealership.

Not certain yet on the blend of what has been shipped, protos have priority, however others are shipping. :)
Thanks for the insight….pretty much what I suspected.

I feel for all the dealers at present, we are all giving you a hard time and really you have been stiffed by Nissan.

As a customer who has had money down since April 2021 it’s become very frustrating, it would be so much better for all if Nissan Aus released a press release updating what is going to happen.
In that way there is not 100+ dealers getting grief.

Just the basics…who’s allocating, approx arrival of first delivery, how will we be contacted

I’ve been carrying my phone around everywhere and I mean everywhere since we heard word that Nissan Aus will call …terrified that after a year and a half of waiting I’ll miss a call and go back to the bottom of the list…now logically I know this would not happen, but I do it regardless 🤣

At least it does sound they are trying to do the right thing in terms of first ordered first served

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
We have a Honda CR-V ….the wireless works really well never had an issue.
Yep, my tritons wireless is faultless aswell.

its certainly a feature that sorely tested me by its absence on this new Z. Its certainly not the first time I've said an MY19 dual cab shouldn't out-feature a top of the range sports car let alone the damn Qashqai outdoing the Zs tech aswell for bloody 30k.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Thanks for the insight….pretty much what I suspected.
There are so many different distribution models that the OEM's are using. I liked what Subaru did with the BRZ, which was to lock in the Australian allocation and only take orders up to that level. I am sure some who missed out were disappointed and didn't like that scheme, but seems to be socially more acceptable, think concert ticket sales etc, rather than an open list that gets a future arbitrary line drawn on it. Then have an expressions of interest list that is used for over supply or future phased releases.

With Toyota's announcement this week on the Landcruiser 300 series, you can imagine a future of limited releases for model series. The challenge then becomes how to deal with the whole scalping issue... I am certain we will see a number of delivery k Proto's at 10-15k overs listed.

Interesting times in automotive and if China remains strong and locks up it's resource and supply chain this will re-enforce a fixed volume business model for other OEM's, which I would imagine is going to present pricing challenges...

A future where Autonomous vehicles remove some of the driving desire for a large amount of the existing or future driving population, is probably why we are all so excited about getting these next few year model cars. I am not sure, however it feels like we are getting close to the last hurrah for things like the Z.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
There are so many different distribution models that the OEM's are using. I liked what Subaru did with the BRZ, which was to lock in the Australian allocation and only take orders up to that level. I am sure some who missed out were disappointed and didn't like that scheme, but seems to be socially more acceptable, think concert ticket sales etc, rather than an open list that gets a future arbitrary line drawn on it. Then have an expressions of interest list that is used for over supply or future phased releases.

With Toyota's announcement this week on the Landcruiser 300 series, you can imagine a future of limited releases for model series. The challenge then becomes how to deal with the whole scalping issue... I am certain we will see a number of delivery k Proto's at 10-15k overs listed.

Interesting times in automotive and if China remains strong and locks up it's resource and supply chain this will re-enforce a fixed volume business model for other OEM's, which I would imagine is going to present pricing challenges...

A future where Autonomous vehicles remove some of the driving desire for a large amount of the existing or future driving population, is probably why we are all so excited about getting these next few year model cars. I am not sure, however it feels like we are getting close to the last hurrah for things like the Z.
Well with that I think most can agree.

What’s it been like at your dealership …have many backed out since the price release?
We have had around 4/5 just on this thread alone pull orders…I think one because of price, nit the others simply because they are fed up waiting and lack of communication.
There’s also been a number of others including myself that have been so close to pulling the pin ….again due to communications

If you could relay that to the powers that be I think we would all be grateful

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
In other news…is anyone having trouble loading the last page of the “2023 Nissan Zs Spied on Carrier Trucks-Has Production Begun” page?

Keeps on freezing for me, admin said he could load it so wondering if it’s something to do with the internet in Aus blocking anything

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
In other news…is anyone having trouble loading the last page of the “2023 Nissan Zs Spied on Carrier Trucks-Has Production Begun” page?

Keeps on freezing for me, admin said he could load it so wondering if it’s something to do with the internet in Aus blocking anything
It's fine for me...not that there's anything Aus related posted there.