OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
ok so a newbie to the forum here.

Always been a silvia fan personally but figure this will be the last chance at a ICE that is close to one, why nissan never built me the IDx i'm still heat broken over.

My order didn't go in till last month, was holding off till I could test drive as I'm on the taller side and judt don;t fit in some cars. but after nissan updated the site to say 2022 allocation was gone put down a deposit on consdtion of test drive.

was funny the sales person was asking me if I wanted the coupe or the coupe Proto when putting deposit down!!!!! gotta love sales people.

I was looking at the thread where people were being called by Nissan and buzzed a friend who put a order in for a Proto in July last year and has heard nothing, so might ahve had to put in orders WAY early.
Good to have another Aussie onboard. I personally wonā€™t be modding and at this stage Iā€™d just be happy to have a car

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Another West Australian here. A bit late to the game. Had been looking at EVs for months and months waiting for some of the newer models to arrive - then I stumbled across a Z video on YouTube and had my deposit down within days - unfortunately only in early May 2022 though! Perhaps a bit boring, but Iā€™ve ordered gun metallic, black interior and manual trans. While I donā€™t wish delays on anyone else, I kinda hope that the lack of a black roof and colour combo interior makes mine simpler and faster to build / deliver.

Currently drive a 2012 A5 3.0 supercharged V6 which Iā€™ve had since 2013. Will probably keep that for something to drive my bike around in.

Watching these forums and all the speculation has been fun. My dealer experience, like others, has been a little different to others. $2k deposit. Was contacted with a more detailed / priced order about a week ago.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z

These will likely arrive before the majority of preordered Zs and all include a 12.3ā€ infotainment screen, satellite navigation, heads-up display, and wireless phone charging.

Qashqai $33,890
X-Trail $30,665

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
...And it has heads up display.

edit; it has massage seats too?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Another West Australian here. A bit late to the game. Had been looking at EVs for months and months waiting for some of the newer models to arrive - then I stumbled across a Z video on YouTube and had my deposit down within days - unfortunately only in early May 2022 though! Perhaps a bit boring, but Iā€™ve ordered gun metallic, black interior and manual trans. While I donā€™t wish delays on anyone else, I kinda hope that the lack of a black roof and colour combo interior makes mine simpler and faster to build / deliver.

Currently drive a 2012 A5 3.0 supercharged V6 which Iā€™ve had since 2013. Will probably keep that for something to drive my bike around in.

Watching these forums and all the speculation has been fun. My dealer experience, like others, has been a little different to others. $2k deposit. Was contacted with a more detailed / priced order about a week ago.
Welcomeā€¦us Aussies will soon take over the US contingentšŸ¤£
Sounds like everyone who ordered Coupes are in the same boat, no actual car yet, but order forms updated ready to go for when they arrive

In all honestly your kinda lucky you didnā€™t see it till a bit later ā€¦the wait is excruciating šŸ˜–

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Welcomeā€¦us Aussies will soon take over the US contingentšŸ¤£
Sounds like everyone who ordered Coupes are in the same boat, no actual car yet, but order forms updated ready to go for when they arrive

In all honestly your kinda lucky you didnā€™t see it till a bit later ā€¦the wait is excruciating šŸ˜–
I was ok with the wait until I found this forum!!!
The only thing I believe full amongst all the speculation is that nothing I say or do will change when I get my car!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I was ok with the wait until I found this forum!!!
The only thing I believe full amongst all the speculation is that nothing I say or do will change when I get my car!
Yeah the forum is a double edge sword.
On the one hand we get heaps of info from each other and can see what each state is doing.
For instance there was a QLD trying to charge above the advertised price, but then others told the guy itā€™s illegal to do so in Aus so he took his order elsewhere ..

On the other, one dealer gives someone some hope and then we all jump on it ā€¦only to have our hopes shot down in flames when whatever is expected to happenā€¦doesn't

But itā€™s still been great to get to know everyone and get some sort of idea as to how the ordering system is supposedly working

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, I'm from Melbourne, i put my deposit in back on October 2021. And today i got a phone call from my dealer, he invited me to view the new z on 25th July.
This is the biggest development so far!
But I am aware there has been a Z in VIC and NSW for quite some time, they are the same two they used for the media reveal.
Welcome to the forum!
What did you order?

Reactions: Mud
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Pretty odd alright. The cost saving would be negligible.

If a Nissan rep is reading this, as one of the first orders in the country Iā€™d appreciate a phone call this week please.
Well Jezzza, either there are no dealers scouring the forum for our thoughts, or there are still no cars in sight, or they are enjoying the pain they are inflictingšŸ¤£
No phone calls šŸ„ŗšŸ˜¢

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Time to call my dealer tomorrow and organise my viewing (sydney based) haha

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Well Jezzza, either there are no dealers scouring the forum for our thoughts, or there are still no cars in sight, or they are enjoying the pain they are inflictingšŸ¤£
No phone calls šŸ„ŗšŸ˜¢
Well I've been told allocation will be locked in by the 15th, so if still radio silence one week from tomorrow I'll likely be pulling my deposit and shopping elsewhere.

This talk of demonstration vehicles just pisses people off, did anyone ask for it?

North

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Thanks for the welcome. I ordered blue manual. My dealer said price is $82k drive away. Viewing is between 10 till 4pm, no test drive. He also said that his manager saw the z in person and it looks amazing

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thanks for the welcome. I ordered blue manual. My dealer said price is $82k drive away. Viewing is between 10 till 4pm, no test drive. He also said that his manager saw the z in person and it looks amazing
Yeah so definitely one of the two media carsā€¦no test drive whatā€™s the point?
Sorry youā€™ve probably joined us at a bad time, particularly @jezzza and I
We have had our orders in for well over a year and are feeling a bit jaded.

Dont let us destroy your excitement šŸ¤£
Blue does look nice though, hopefully you get one soon

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Yeah so definitely one of the two media carsā€¦no test drive whatā€™s the point?

Man Iā€™m anxious and Iā€™ve only known the car existed from early May this year - with my order placed within days. This isnā€™t really a car to me - itā€™s the motorbike Iā€™ve never been allowed to have.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5

@West Aussie - perhaps we are the start of the WA Z Club