Hands Up all the Aussies

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
No, according to dealer initial call will be from Nissan Australia, then dealer.
I highly doubt Nissan Australia will contact customers directly. They have no mechanism or department to do this. It would literally serve no purpose lol.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Does anyone know what the warranty on the Z will be…kinda important, and to my knowledge something we haven’t been told about.

Soooo many crank calls from NSW and VIC ….it’s good if Nissan Aus Is handling things direct on one hand, on the other it’s tricky, and I would hope we would get a follow up call from the dealer or a text message from head office

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just had a phone call from my NSW dealer. The first shipment of protos will be 50 cars and they have been given to the first preorders. I was November last year but have not made the list for the first 50 so when ever the next lot come through I might get on that. A total of 500 protos are being made and Australia will see 120.
50 out of 120…not much
A car carrier can take thousands of cars …you’d think they would try and get most of them out together and save on shipping costs

In other news my dealer said that they would adjust cost when the car arrives in terms of
Licences and rego ( bad because WAs are going up)
And LCT ( good because it should fall by quite a bit )

Probably end up evening out

Last edited:

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
In general yes, but for a limited edition model like the photo it might be different.
Yeah I could be wrong. But I think about the purpose of the call.

Confirm allocation, manual / auto? Cool. Then what? lol

How do you actually confirm - i.e. deposit with contract. I could confirm with Nissan Australia then not sign any contract with the subsequent dealer.

What about the next steps? Finalising contract, VIN, name, license, DOB, Delivery, Payment options etc. How is someone at Nissan Corporate gonna do this?

But hey, you never know. More than happy to receive my phone call from Nissan anytime now ...

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Does anyone know what the warranty on the Z will be…kinda important, and to my knowledge something we haven’t been told about.

Soooo many crank calls from NSW and VIC ….it’s good if Nissan Aus Is handling things direct on one hand, on the other it’s tricky, and I would hope we would get a follow up call from the dealer or a text message from head office
All other new Nissan's come with 5yr unlimited km, no reason this would be any different

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
I could confirm with Nissan Australia then not sign any contract with the subsequent dealer.
Possibly, with limited edition models, you would specify or be told which local dealer you'd be dealing with - in some place of course there will be only one choice. The car may only get delivered to the dealer after you've signed on the dotted line.

In some place there may also be "official" Nissan dealerships (owned by Nissan itself) and "licensed" dealerships (privately owned), which may also cause a difference for limited edition models. If the Pro is only going via official dealerships, then you could end up with a long drive to pick up your car if you are in a backwater little town.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Just had a phone call from my NSW dealer. The first shipment of protos will be 50 cars and they have been given to the first preorders. I was November last year but have not made the list for the first 50 so when ever the next lot come through I might get on that. A total of 500 protos are being made and Australia will see 120.
500 in total?

500 - 240 (USA) - 120 (Aus) that only leaves 140 for Japan and Canada (and any other place).

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I highly doubt Nissan Australia will contact customers directly. They have no mechanism or department to do this. It would literally serve no purpose lol.
Nissan in Melbourne has the customer service centre, they are likely to act as the central hub, if they call to confirm or offer alternate color/transmission then they will no how many cars to send to each dealer based on the allocation available, dealer then chases the paper work and money

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver

i was told 170, but yeah, that number couldve been wrong. Certainly makes the proto that little bit rarer. It also Sounds like I only missed out on my actual allocated vehicle by a very small period of time given I've got access to a proto of any variant..

I do have to throw my two bob in; my dealer also advised me Nissan Aus would likely call me.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
All other new Nissan's come with 5yr unlimited km, no reason this would be any different
That’s what I assumed as well, but nothing about this launch or car is usual…so I was wondering if anyone was actually told.

Also I need glasses because I did find the LCT amount on my updated contract, so everything is listed fully

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
This is what dealers have been told this week, and it seems even they're sceptical.

Guess we'll all find out in the next couple of weeks.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
500 - 240 (USA) - 120 (Aus) that only leaves 140 for Japan and Canada (and any other place).
Agreed, 500 in total globally makes little sense.

The Z Proto is currently advertised in Mexico, New Zealand and China too.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
What was its name again @peter …I’ll take a look on the movements into Freo port and see if it’s due this month
the Don Juan, stopped at Sakai, Nagoya and Yokohama
next from Japan sirius highway stopped at Nagoya, Yokohama and Townsville then Brisbane

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
the Don Juan, stopped at Sakai, Nagoya and Yokohama
next from Japan sirius highway stopped at Nagoya, Yokohama and Townsville then Brisbane
Yeah…that one doesn’t look to be coming to Perth, so unless they are transporting by road, or train which is a possibility ( an expensive one) I don’t think it’s it

The one looking most promising from this side is the “Trans Leader” due in on the tenth, 4 Japanese ports, then Perth then Darwin…then I dint know where….can you see if it’s docking in QLD ?
It also looks like it finished up in Melbourne the last time it was here

Last edited: