Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
There's a bloke on fb who's payed for the entire car! I don't understand the point paying anything more than the deposit until this thing's in front of you.
Yeah…saw that, that’s why I was asking. My understanding it doesn’t make any difference to where you are in line…so I thought the same.
I’ve only got my initial 5k deposit down
Think my dealer knows how serious I am, and as they have not even given me an updated contract, I’m not rushing in.
If things go pear shaped 5k will be easier to get back than 80+

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Hi All
Emailed Sydney dealer yesterday and asked if they had any updates.
Got a call back straight away which was good but unfortunately nothing really new.
They did say there were expecting a car as a demonstrator that they would not be allowed to sell for at least 6 months.
There guess was possibly August for deliveries to start.
They did not think that cars are being built to order their view is that Nissan gathered all the data and based on the number of cars in the first allocation there maybe say 600 manuals in a variety of colours and the balance made up of auto, and then try and balance out what comes in with the earliest pre orders.
No one had asked them about any freebies yet so I put in request for the car mats first.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hi All
Emailed Sydney dealer yesterday and asked if they had any updates.
Got a call back straight away which was good but unfortunately nothing really new.
They did say there were expecting a car as a demonstrator that they would not be allowed to sell for at least 6 months.
There guess was possibly August for deliveries to start.
They did not think that cars are being built to order their view is that Nissan gathered all the data and based on the number of cars in the first allocation there maybe say 600 manuals in a variety of colours and the balance made up of auto, and then try and balance out what comes in with the earliest pre orders.
No one had asked them about any freebies yet so I put in request for the car mats first.
To be honest would be happy with August, but I said that about July.
The problem I have is every time we get to around two months out of supposed delivery it gets pushed back again.
I’ve had my order in since late last March/ early April 2021, and it’s just starting to really get to a point where I’m questioning realistically how long can I really wait.
Son gets his licence in July and then we are down to one car…I’m lucky in the fact my youngest is a kind kid and will share knowing how long I have waited, but every pushback is another little bit of disappointment, another little bit of shine wiped from my excitement
I could have asked for a refund a few months ago and have a MX5 in my driveway guaranteed in two weeks from now, but I didn’t, I’ve stuck. it out
At this point I don’t think it’s too much to ask when realistically will these cars actually arrive and who out of us has actually secured a car and who will be left wanting …arriving imminently, coming soon, 2022, is not cutting it anymore …it really tells us nothing

It’s pretty disappointing …jokes aside I will be going for those car mats, think I’ve earned them

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
As far as I’m concerned we’re still good for a July delivery. There’s been no official word of delays anywhere.

Nissan supplying dealerships with demonstration only cars would be a first and seems counterintuitive considering all allocations are exhausted into the near future.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
As far as I’m concerned we’re still good for a July delivery. There’s been no official word of delays anywhere.

Nissan supplying dealerships with demonstration only cars would be a first and seems counterintuitive considering all allocations are exhausted into the near future.
suppose my point is…stop with the games and miscommunication ….tell the dealers what’s going on. Get them all on the same page so the buyer knows what’s going on.
This is not too much to ask, and as we can see by this forum the information coming out of dealers is so mixed it’s not funny.
It would actually be in Nissans best interest to set the record straight, 3cause people are starting to get refunds now, not just because some are disappointed in the price ( something that I was ok with) but out of sheer frustration from lack of solid information

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
would be interesting to know how many people with a pre order have opted out due to price, delays or change of situations.
What would everyones backup choice be if you decided to pull the pin on the Z?
For me it it was to be electric, I like the Volvo XC40 twin motor, if petrol a Mercedes AMG C43 a year or two old with low k's

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
would be interesting to know how many people with a pre order have opted out due to price, delays or change of situations.
For me it it was to be electric, I like the Volvo XC40 twin motor, if petrol a Mercedes AMG C43 a year or two old with low k's
Yeah, as I said around 5 months back I got sick of it and went to find out about the mini eclectic and the MX5….I didn’t enjoy the mini driving experience, and I don’t think I’m ready for an electric car as yet.
The Mazda I did enjoy, I just found it a little bit small and lacking a bit of updated tech ( which given the way the Z is going with its plug in display is now not as big as a gap as I thought)
I was told the Mazda would be at most 6 month wait, went to Nissan and on that day it happened to be the day the guy from corp was in and said the cars would now be arriving late June early July..which would mean both the Mazda and the Z would arrive at the same time. So I decided to stick with my Z order …and now I’m getting a bit cross to put it delicately
For those that don’t know my back story, I put in an order in late March 2021, deposit down early April, told deliveries would be December 2021, the Feb 2022, then April 2022, then Sept 2022, then changed back to Late June to July 2022
So that is why I’m frustrated and just want some good hard facts…had enough of the games

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
A first generation Honda NSX. In fact if the right ones comes on the market I'll cancel my Z order. The lack of communication all around has pissed me off and not provided the first new car experience that I was hoping for.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Big news within.

So my last contact with my dealer was February with them saying any new information would be communicated as it became available. Pricing was released months later, radio silence.

3 1/2 months go by.

I reach out again and send a follow up email on the 23rd of May, once again, radio silence. I was patient.

18 days go by.

I call on the 10th of June and am advised my sales person is indisposed and will be put through to the sales manager.

5 days go by.

I call once again and am told once again that the sales manager will be in touch. Finally though, my phone rings. The sales manager is on the phone.

He tells me that the wait is still on. Tells me that if their dealership gets 3 Protos, im in with a good chance. But the chances of me getting 1 if only 1 is available, aren't good. He tells me that Nissans website reservation list was wreaking havoc and was partially to blame and I remind him that I put money down before there was even the option to reserve a car on Nissan's website. He agrees that I was indeed early given my early October deposit.

He lets loose 1 very pertinent tid-bit that I believe is a first. Make sure you're sitting down - one hundred and seventy Protos for Australia. Straight from the mouth of the national sales manager mere weeks ago.

He says that if I'm of a mind, to keep my hook in the water as delivery timeframes are August - September and dealership allocations should be known in July.

The fact that dealership allocations are still an unknown entity at this late stage of the piece is astounding.

I've decided to keep my money on the table, but if I can't get the Proto, I'm out. I'll double back on a Nismo or some kind of limited run anniversary edition or something in the future.

But yeah, orders will be dispatched on a first come first serve basis, which we all had an inkling of anyhow. Not sure how I can be possibly number 2 or even 3 in line for the proto and am unsure if that's state-wide or just for that dealership as my sales guy had no idea what I was talking about regarding this so-called "Nissan Z" in October. Perhaps friend-of-a-friend or dealership managers have crept in front, but that's merely my own speculation, particularly so given my negative head-space surrounding this whole release.

This has .. appeased me for the moment, but I am still a distant cry from how I felt some months ago.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
hmmm…170ish sounds right there was another guy on Facebook that said his dealer said there was 175 given to Aus….think of it this way
There are 169 Nissan dealers in Aus. Realistically that’s 1 proto per dealer IF they don’t go in order, and just allocate one per dealer.
If this happens I will be very disappointed for you and anyone else who misses out, as for my mind if the Queue is really a Queue ad it suggest, cars should be given in order of date people put money down.
See this it what makes me nervous. I know I’m number 1 at my dealer …but what happens if a yellow manual is not allocated to them? If they are following the Queue then I’m pretty sure I’ll be ok.
IF they are not…then they better be giving me the option of what is allocated to them ahead of others at the dealer, but how will they actually be allocated is yet to be confirmed in any type of solid information @jezzza has been told they will be allocated in order, but after all this I don’t trust any dealer until it’s in writing

The most positive point out of your info to me, is that VINs should be given by July…meaning we should know if we have a car …or if we don’t, at which point if I’m not offered a car first up, I’ll be knocking on Mazdas door because it would indicated some sort of queue jumping or state favouritism. I refuse to believe someone who placed their order over a year ago would miss out, but stranger things have happened.

It all comes down to how Nissan will actually distribute these first drops, and if they will be fair on the customer…or fair on a dealer who didn’t take any orders till late in the game …which quite frankly is not the fault of the customer or that of those dealers who were more proactive for the company

If they are true to their word the Queue should be respected, and I think even those who ordered late although disappointed would understand the reasoning, whereas those who have been in the system for a long time and are overlooked will not be so understanding.

Time will tell I suppose. As I said, I’ll contact my dealer on the 21st if I haven’t heard anything, fill him in on the “rumours” and see if he agrees or disagrees with any of them

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yes, 169 dealers, but with that said, there's a Goldfields Toyota on that list of dealers and they are only very, very new to dealing with Nissan out here in Kalgoorlie and I'd argue that they most certainly will not be issued any Protos full stop. There's a few on that list of dealers I'd put in a similar basket. Which would leave some wiggle room for other "true" Nissan dealers to receive more than one.

At least that's about the only hope I have for the proto currently.

But yes, the curtain should be lifted in a month or so..

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
..And he did say that first drops would likely be demo and proto models aswell. That was only his own opinion, but yeah, don't hold your breath for the performance model.

He was actually of the opinion to "look after the thousands" (with the performance) over looking after the 170 (with the proto).

I say do neither. First come, first serve. Like you say, follow the queue.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Again…be a stupid move to only have Protos and demos…realistically looking at one at most 2 cars that are able to be sold at a dealer …not happy Jan

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Make sure you're sitting down - one hundred and seventy Protos for Australia.
That is such an arbitrary number if true, if it is not 240 like the US and Japan than go with a more common number like 100 or 150 etc having a more random number like 170 without any real significance sort of makes it weird at least to me.

Obviously it might potentially be 1 for each dealer to get that number but I would rather they go by who ordered first rather than by dealership

Since I seem to potetentially be the most likely to cancel my order from most people in this thread I would be most likely looking at a F87 generation M2C or a late model F80 M3/M4 in manual.

The M2C will be easy to get in manual, the M3/M4 will be a bit harder.

With interest rates on the rise I potentially foresee next year a lot more cars being available on the second hand market. Most people will cut as many costs as possible to keep their house and hopefully cars will be one of them.