Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Alright, I’m a bit confused with the handbrake and cup holder placement for RHD setup, coffee will fly if that dude from vehicle virgin drives this (did you see how he yanks the shifter, gives me heartburn). It will get elbowed pretty bad no matter what you place there,

884DC946-8F17-4CCA-9BBE-04B03BD9A5D6.jpeg
I noticed this before and passed comment, apparently it was this way on the 370z as well🤷‍♀️

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
As we are getting to 8 inch screen is the connection wireless?
US version with 9 inch is wireless, on one of their reviews it mention that the sport version with smaller screen was a wired connection.
Do we miss out again

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
US version with 9 inch is wireless, on one of their reviews it mention that the sport version with smaller screen was a wired connection.
Do we miss out again
I thought it was wireless for Apple, wired for android …I’d be very disappointed if it’s wired completely

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I thought it was wireless for Apple, wired for android …I’d be very disappointed if it’s wired completely
That was my understanding also. I use Android anyway so was ready for the cord either way :( It would be nice if it could be updated to wireless Android in a future update.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That was my understanding also. I use Android anyway so was ready for the cord either way :( It would be nice if it could be updated to wireless Android in a future update.
I agree…I also think we should have got standard sat nav …look I know it’s not a big issue because you have to update them etc and our phones are always updated (but that means we are always using our data) it’s more the principle.
My 8 year old Peugeot had Sat Nav in it and so does our new Honda CR-V
This is NOT a cheap car ….it’s a bit sad when cars that are a lot cheaper come with all the extras

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
My dealer confirmed they looked and the "400Z" is still not in their system. Maybe if they looked up the right model name they'd find it 🤷‍♂️

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
US version with 9 inch is wireless, on one of their reviews it mention that the sport version with smaller screen was a wired connection. Do we miss out again
Unfortunately we do. It's been confirmed a few times now that the 8" infotainment system does not have wireless CarPlay. Neither versions support wireless Android Auto.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Unfortunately we do. It's been confirmed a few times now that the 8" infotainment system does not have wireless CarPlay. Neither versions support wireless Android Auto.
I thought I'd misunderstood.

So my 2019 MR Triton has Android auto but this 2023 Nissan Z doesn't? Are you guys serious?

I'll be honest, that's a bit of a shock.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Screenshot_20220523-111340_Samsung Internet.jpg

My clear mistake was reading things that just aren't there. I assumed - as it's top of the line and MY23 - that it just was wireless as is my base model MY19 triton that I purchased new. I really, really like the feature and this has shaken me. Especially after knowing we aren't getting the larger screen

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
All Z trims have Android Auto, it's just not wireless.
Man, I didn't even know there was a wired version of Android Auto.

I'll be damned if I'll have more connectivity in my damn base model ute than I will this borderline 6 figure top of the line sports car.

No wonder we're still pushing ahead with the release down here, theres no flapping trimmings on our model at all.

Tassie Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
This is just as bad as having a damn old school AUX cable dropped around the cabin. 90k is big enough money for this feature yo be included!
It's like Nissan has said. You wanted a 90s inspired jdm car! You got it! 🚮😅🤣

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
For now will just get a wireless adapter, down track might be able to replace the head unit as no other controls seem to be linked to it.