Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Hi All
just noticed that some Sydney Nissan dealers have updated their websites, where it said Nissan Z, coming soon it now says arriving July 2022.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hi All
just noticed that some Sydney Nissan dealers have updated their websites, where it said Nissan Z, coming soon it now says arriving July 2022.
This is most promisingā€¦..every time another confirmation for July is up I get a little more excitedā€¦.Iā€™m just hoping itā€™s true!
It does kinda lines up with what the US guys and my dealer said.
I said to my dealerā€¦how exciting, Australia first for a change.
My dealer saidā€¦I donā€™t think so, I believe the US may still get in a few weeks before us.
Now the US guys sayā€¦.one per dealership in July before they trickle in.

Difference is we only have 93 dealers, they have over 1000, so whilst they might only get one per dealership thatā€™s still 1000 cars which would fill nearly all orders in Aus if we got the same amount.
I would say they wouod be looking to maximise each shipping to save on costs, especially with prices going up substantially, so really hope what is happening inside my brain is what actually happens.

What a shame it could not show up a month or two earlier, new financial year and the bloody state government has put up all our car ownership fees in WA, from Stamp Duty, to Rego to license, all going up
Hoping it wonā€™t make any or very minimal difference to the bottom line

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
This is most promisingā€¦..every time another confirmation for July is up I get a little more excitedā€¦.Iā€™m just hoping itā€™s true!
It does kinda lines up with what the US guys and my dealer said.
I said to my dealerā€¦how exciting, Australia first for a change.
My dealer saidā€¦I donā€™t think so, I believe the US may still get in a few weeks before us.
Now the US guys sayā€¦.one per dealership in July before they trickle in.

Difference is we only have 93 dealers, they have over 1000, so whilst they might only get one per dealership thatā€™s still 1000 cars which would fill nearly all orders in Aus if we got the same amount.
I would say they wouod be looking to maximise each shipping to save on costs, especially with prices going up substantially, so really hope what is happening inside my brain is what actually happens.

What a shame it could not show up a month or two earlier, new financial year and the bloody state government has put up all our car ownership fees in WA, from Stamp Duty, to Rego to license, all going up
Hoping it wonā€™t make any or very minimal difference to the bottom line
I was told by my dealer that they're expecting to have a demo car around July fwiw

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I was told by my dealer that they're expecting to have a demo car around July fwiw
Thatā€™s different to Jezzas dealer who seems to think orders will be filled first.
wouldnā€™t make finacial sense to only send out 91 cars with shipping so high.
Canadian guys are also sayingā€¦no demos
I mean itā€™s possible the dealer itself ordered one car for a demo and it will come at the same time?.
Also possible our orders wonā€™t come till later, but that doesnā€™t seem to be the vibe at present

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Iā€™m taking the dealers demo car.. they didnā€™t even know what this car was until I walked into the store.

If this all happens before my birthday on the 23rd July Iā€™ll be beyond stoked.
Iā€™ll buy you all a beer.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Thatā€™s different to Jezzas dealer who seems to think orders will be filled first.
This was my dealer specifically, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s nothing stopping the dealership jumping their own queue.

Letā€™s hope that July isnā€™t just the media demo release like weā€™ve just seen overseas.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This was my dealer specifically, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s nothing stopping the dealership jumping their own queue.

Letā€™s hope that July isnā€™t just the media demo release like weā€™ve just seen overseas.
Iā€™d be disappointed if it is, especially if some dealers are advertising July delivery

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
I just clicked that there's 38 different variants of the Z coming to Australia.

There's no way they can start shipping cars other than Protos without knowing specific orders.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I just clicked that there's 38 different trim/transmission versions of the Z coming to Australia.

There's no way they can start shipping cars other than Protos without knowing specific orders.
Yeah but the question is, will the orders they already have be delivered in July, given the dealers were directed to make sure orders were correct and send any changes to Nissan Aus within the weekā€¦..around 6 weeks ago.
The article I posted before did state that there will be a mix of Proto and normal coupes arriving in the first drop

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
Yeah but the question is, will the orders they already have be delivered in July, given the dealers were directed to make sure orders were correct and send any changes to Nissan Aus within the weekā€¦..around 6 weeks ago.
Orders weren't entered, contracts not current and pricing not realised then. No matter how I look at it this July timeframe just doesn't make sense. I feel like customers are being duped.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Orders weren't entered, contracts not current and pricing not realised then. No matter how I look at it this July timeframe just doesn't make sense. I feel like customers are being duped.
Orders from dealers to Nissan Aus were entered just contracts not finalised, highly possible that those orders will be processed. Those cars that people pull out of buying could go into inventory to sell
I agree itā€™s unlikely, but it is possibleā€¦and I donā€™t think they would spend tens of thousands on shipping for just 200 Protos

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Likewise, did some further reading, I didn't realise how poor our fuel quality is here.
Yeah Australia's fuel quality is pretty bad especially to European standards.

If buying a euro here especially a performance orientated one most dealers will tell you to only use 98 not 95, not because of the higher octane rating but because our 95 is dirty and our 98 is regulated to a higher standard than 95 so is a bit cleaner.

Orders from dealers to Nissan Aus were entered just contracts not finalised, highly possible that those orders will be processed.
I have always maintained the opinion that the cars couldn't be built from the pre-orders. If they built them purely off pre-order details then you wouldn't be able to specify things on the car as those details were unknown until recently. On top of this with the potential for a high number of cancellations you could also have ended up with unpopular configurations that might not be as easy to sell.

They would have to be built from finalised contracts with the full details of the car to the right specification before they could be sent off to be built with exact pricing known.

The pre-orders to me are more just a place holder in the line for the car and until an updated contract is agreed upon it is just that and not an actual order per se. Once details are finialsed then the build can begin.

Given that so many of us are yet to have their contract updated let alone finalised I would find it very hard to believe that actual specific orders have been built.

Most likely the cars that have been built so far would be for dealer demo's or generic popular configurations that would be easy to assign or sell.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah Australia's fuel quality is pretty bad especially to European standards.

If buying a euro here especially a performance orientated one most dealers will tell you to only use 98 not 95, not because of the higher octane rating but because our 95 is dirty and our 98 is regulated to a higher standard than 95 so is a bit cleaner.

I have always maintained the opinion that the cars couldn't be built from the pre-orders. If they built them purely off pre-order details then you wouldn't be able to specify things on the car as those details were unknown until recently. On top of this with the potential for a high number of cancellations you could also have ended up with unpopular configurations that might not be as easy to sell.

They would have to be built from finalised contracts with the full details of the car to the right specification before they could be sent off to be built with exact pricing known.

The pre-orders to me are more just a place holder in the line for the car and until an updated contract is agreed upon it is just that and not an actual order per se. Once details are finialsed then the build can begin.

Given that so many of us are yet to have their contract updated let alone finalised I would find it very hard to believe that actual specific orders have been built.

Most likely the cars that have been built so far would be for dealer demo's or generic popular configurations that would be easy to assign or sell.
I still hold out hope ā€¦.

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
Found this interesting, maybe it's just me but I thought I'd share.
Rewatching SG's review, specifically the instrument cluster shots while running each gear out (played in 0.25 speed).

- 1st gear tops out around 65km, around 12psi boost
- 2nd gear tops out around 105km, around 14psi boost
- 3rd gear tops out around 145km, around 17psi boost
- 4th gear at 6,000rpm sees nearly 18psi boost at about 160km (you don't see them run out 4th though)

Additionally, I'm pretty sure NissanAus's website was updated too šŸ˜ŠšŸ‘Œ

Screenshot_20220521-092500_Chrome.jpg