Hands Up all the Aussies

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Yep..and to be honest this is what’s annoying me a bit about those whinging about the price.
Before it came out they said Savage Geese was the main revue they wanted, that they are honest and can be as their name suggests savage.
Those guys loved this car, and said it was totally worth the money. They also made the point that connectivity with driver was key, and I think this is what a lot of guys are nit getting. It’s not about being fastes, but about being the most enjoyable.

Now that Savage Geese have come out and given their blessing, it’s like they are all trying to ignore the review and instead focus on the one average one ….. If these guys (the ones that everyone said were the best reviewers ) say it’s worth the money, why do they now all if a sudden nit believe them?
The car itself is bang on, the car isn't the issue.....it's the price

For 50k we just have more options here that a motorswapped 370Z just can't offer a better value against and certainly have more "cred" or "style".......and for another 10k you can go get in line for a Mid Engine car that's just as reliable with 100 more hp and a true DCT and tons more features even in base trim.......and it happens to be the hottest car on the planet right now

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Yep..and to be honest this is what’s annoying me a bit about those whinging about the price.
Before it came out they said Savage Geese was the main revue they wanted, that they are honest and can be as their name suggests savage.
Those guys loved this car, and said it was totally worth the money. They also made the point that connectivity with driver was key, and I think this is what a lot of guys are nit getting. It’s not about being fastes, but about being the most enjoyable.

Now that Savage Geese have come out and given their blessing, it’s like they are all trying to ignore the review and instead focus on the one average one ….. If these guys (the ones that everyone said were the best reviewers ) say it’s worth the money, why do they now all if a sudden nit believe them?
Do you mean this Savage Geese video?

I appreciate those guys and the video quality, but it plays in part like a Nissan marketing video. (Which is alluded to in the comments.)

It's a nice video and they provide good info, but you'll want to consider the perspectives.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Do you mean this Savage Geese video?

I appreciate those guys and the video quality, but it plays in part like a Nissan marketing video. (Which is alluded to in the comments.)

It's a nice video and they provide good info, but you'll want to consider the perspectives.
Really, because before it was released it was the review that everyone wanted to see the most…that everyone said would be the most honest, because that is what they are known for.
Now the price is released all of a sudden they are not so honest?

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The car itself is bang on, the car isn't the issue.....it's the price

For 50k we just have more options here that a motorswapped 370Z just can't offer a better value against and certainly have more "cred" or "style".......and for another 10k you can go get in line for a Mid Engine car that's just as reliable with 100 more hp and a true DCT and tons more features even in base trim.......and it happens to be the hottest car on the planet right now
So another 10k anothe one fifth of a car your already saying is too expensive.
Look I respect your decision, and choice.
But if it’s too expensive for you guys complaining won’t help and it won’t change itThere are plenty of people in here even from the US and Canada that are still excited and will be buying one.
I don't know how people who were Z enthusiasts can jump ship so quickly.
Still cheaper than any car in its league
If people want to buy something different then they should do it, and let us enjoy our choice

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I still haven’t gotten a call from my dealer now that our price has been locked in, despite them saying they would the second info came out. I have had three calls from the same guy asking if I’m interested in ordering though, despite telling him each time I already have. What an easy sale lol. If I could buy online direct I would.
Unless you call them, I doubt you’ll get a call until they are in the system. The only ones who seem to be calling are at dealerships that people have pulled their pre order from …I agree it’s frustrating

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
So another 10k anothe one fifth of a car your already saying is too expensive.
Look I respect your decision, and choice.
But if it’s too expensive for you guys complaining won’t help and it won’t change itThere are plenty of people in here even from the US and Canada that are still excited and will be buying one.
I don't know how people who were Z enthusiasts can jump ship so quickly.
Still cheaper than any car in its league
If people want to buy something different then they should do it, and let us enjoy our choice
+1. I think there’s been way more effort out in than it just being a motorswapped 370. If that’s the argument, what’s so special about this year’s Cayman vs previous models? I’m guessing that’s the car being alluded to. To me the answer is nothing, which is why I wasn’t that keen on one-I couldn’t see what made it special vs any other year of the car.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I wonder if our market gets the 12v radar detector plug. Now that's a luxury that only WA residences can get away with! It's potentially jail time if caught with a radar detector in QLD.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I wonder if our market gets the 12v radar detector plug. Now that's a luxury that only WA residences can get away with! It's potentially jail time if caught with a radar detector in QLD.
Probs not then…they will comply with the Australian standards as we are out on our own id day no…but i for one would love it!

Brissiez

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
At this stage, I will probably wait till I get a test drive first before I commit. If the dealer wants me to comfirm my preorder without a test drive, I will just let it go. At $80k, I don’t think there is any rush to get one. I love the look of the z, but I would like to get a feel for it first. Disappointed with not having different drive modes and active exhaust in the manual tool.

Brissiez

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
I agree with Houston. US performance costs about the same as the Aussie one,, with our 10% GST and luxury car tax included. Cars are usually way cheaper in the US.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Called local dealer yesterday, they still have no more news other than price and that it will vary depending on suburb. Luckily I am classed as country rego which is cheaper.
As they haven't got the car codes yet they can't give you a confirmed driveaway price.
Last week was only the price announcement the official launch is still to come, did manage to get an invite to the local dealers launch party.
The door barrels and door switch gear look exactly like the 370Z, I got some nice carbon fibre covers for these when I had my 370z, if they are the same will get some just to dress it up a bit.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Called local dealer yesterday, they still have no more news other than price and that it will vary depending on suburb. Luckily I am classed as country rego which is cheaper.
As they haven't got the car codes yet they can't give you a confirmed driveaway price.
Last week was only the price announcement the official launch is still to come, did manage to get an invite to the local dealers launch party.
The door barrels and door switch gear look exactly like the 370Z, I got some nice carbon fibre covers for these when I had my 370z, if they are the same will get some just to dress it up a bit.
Thats a win…wonder what I have to do to get on a list🤣…surely prices are the same within your state as rego etc is the same throughout the state..,right?
It is in WA

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I agree with Houston. US performance costs about the same as the Aussie one,, with our 10% GST and luxury car tax included. Cars are usually way cheaper in the US.
No that’s not correct…our price is around the same as US WITHOUT the GST, and we have no luxury car tax because if you take 10% of the 73300 it comes in under the LCT threshold.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
All the cars I have bought have always been cheaper rego, here in Wollongong once you travel over Windang bridge into Shellharbour it's cheaper rego

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
All the cars I have bought have always been cheaper rego, here in Wollongong once you travel over Windang bridge into Shellharbour it's cheaper rego
Wow that’s amazing…I never knew that. I don’t think we have that in WA.