Hands Up all the Aussies

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
@West Aussie you’ve been waiting a while, are you starting to feel better about the car now some firmer information has started coming out?

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@West Aussie you’ve been waiting a while, are you starting to feel better about the car now some former information has started coming out?
Yes…for sure. The car minus screen size it exactly what I wanted going by reviews. The price…sure I’d like it to be lower but it’s in the ball park of what I was told straight up a year ago.
They bought it in under the luxury car tax threshold which is an added bonus.
There is nothing and I mean nothing that comes close to it in Australia for the price range, we are still gonna be 15k better off than buying a Supra and I don’t plan to drag race….if I did I’d get some better tires and tune it

Now it’s just the wait for it to actually arrive…and the push to get those free car mats of course 🤣

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Really, because before it was released it was the review that everyone wanted to see the most…that everyone said would be the most honest, because that is what they are known for.
Now the price is released all of a sudden they are not so honest?
Can't speak for other folks, but in the past I've suggested taking reviews with a grain of salt.

SG are big into sports cars, are in the business of sports cars, interact with car companies, even in this case some collaboration on that video.

None of which is dishonest. It's a quality video with some great info. But it can be a different perspective in terms of value/costs/usage, compared to some customers.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Wow that’s amazing…I never knew that. I don’t think we have that in WA.
Can confirm we certainly don't!

I reside in Kalgoorlie for half a year and Port Hedland the other half - both locations seem to be the dearest in the damn Southern Hemisphere! 😅

Heck, I worked near Moranbah in Qld and also down towards Gladstone - both regarded as pricey areas - and these WA locations knock the socks off of them!

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Neither here in QLD. Delivery charges may increase slightly if you're up in Cairns but registration is the same across the state.
How you feeling about the Zs imminent arrival jezza? What did you order again?

Brissiez

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
For 50k we just have more options
No that’s not correct…our price is around the same as US WITHOUT the GST, and we have no luxury car tax because if you take 10% of the 73300 it comes in under the LCT threshold
May be I am wrong, but I thought RRP is GST inclusive, and LCT applies after thr GST, with the threshold for LCT currently still under $70k. So my take is the RRP of $73k includes both GST and LCT.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
How you feeling about the Zs imminent arrival jezza? What did you order again?
Bloody excited, it's everything that I expected. I went for Boulder with black interior in manual.

Really not enjoying the unknowns with wait time, still hoping for delivery before mid July.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Bloody excited, it's everything that I expected. I went for Boulder with black interior in manual.

Really not enjoying the unknowns with wait time, still hoping for delivery before mid July.
Nice combination - though to be fair, all the combinations are pretty solid. It's a shame we don't get the blue/black interior as an option.

Tell you what scares the shit out of me though; not getting the damn proto. I've purchased a few peripherals now all aimed at actually receiving the proto without the official word the I will be infact receiving it.

I certainly know I'm not the only one in that boat, but being all but unable to influence the situation yourself makes it feel like more of a roll of the dice than it ought to.

What's a contract worth with the details of an auto nismo 370z with the guts of the contract detailing a z proto worth when after 6 months either party can walk ?

Tough game.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
It feels like we're investing a lot of time and emotion in what's essentially nothing more than a verbal promise.
Too right mate.

All of us have been following this for some time and I'd certainly not wish any of us the misfortune of not receiving what we ordered due to a Nissan sales reps incompetence filing some paperwork or not hitting a button in time or something of that nature.

I'd love to jump forwards 6 months and see all of us posting photos of our Zs on mountain roads or the like and laughing about the stress of waiting and silence.

I'm sure it'll all work out. Unlike a certain number of yanks and canucks on here, us lot have been standing by stoically and weathering the process.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Though, to be fair on the yanks, they do have access to a lot of fairly ritzy vehicles that are simply cost prohibitive to us, so I can understand a certain level of frustration.

Funny seeing that drag race though.
Having a 2010 v8 vantage - what, a $130,000(?) Vehicle on the secondary market - race an 80k Z just doesn't seem like a legit race to me, but over there I suppose it's a much closer price difference and perhaps a more valid comparison.

Hard to say.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
May be I am wrong, but I thought RRP is GST inclusive, and LCT applies after thr GST, with the threshold for LCT currently still under $70k. So my take is the RRP of $73k includes both GST and LCT.
Actually just looked it up…and you are correct! And I, wrong. It did use to be before tax when first introduced, it’s now after GST meaning us Aussies got a great deal…and I’m not complaining, it’s about time

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Having a 2010 v8 vantage - what, a $130,000(?) Vehicle on the secondary market - race an 80k Z just doesn't seem like a legit race to me, but over there I suppose it's a much closer price difference and perhaps a more valid comparison.
A 2010 Vantage is essentially unobtainable here, they're that rare.

I can't believe people watched that incredible Hagerty video and were legitimately devastated! I've even seen people talking about cancelling their orders! I can't even begin to fathom that logic.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
A 2010 Vantage is essentially unobtainable here, they're that rare.

I can't believe people watched that incredible Hagerty video and were legitimately devastated! I've even seen people talking about cancelling their orders! I can't even begin to fathom that logic.
Right….I mean on the one hand they say…can’t take reviews at their word, and are trying to me in in e us to ignore any good reviews…and the one bad one they latch onto

At the end of the day a car is worth it if it makes you happ…..I’ve said that a lot in the last few days, but it’s true.
I couldn’t be more excited …that alone is worth a few hundred bucks, coz precious little to be excited about these days