Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Latest reports that have just come out point to a reveal next year in April. So the car should be available sometime in the second half of next year you would hope.

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2024-ford-mustang-set-for-reveal-next-april

Which is all ther more reason to upgrade the exhaust with an aftermarket one. šŸ˜œ
Gotta be careful these days, at least in WA, police are pulling people for noise pollution quite a lot.
My sons friend got pingedā€¦I mean admittedly a young boy in a V8 draws attention, but still given the amount of crime going on youā€™d think there would be better things to pick on.

Besides, my husbands almost having a heart attack with the base price, thatā€™s why I gotta work the dealer for the mats, coz he wonā€™t be letting me add a single thing

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
stinger gt
I'm certainly a bit disappointed with the pricing, I was expecting mid 70s on road maximum. I'm now unsure what to do especially considering how Nissan AU has a habit of massively discounting the Z a year or two after their initial launch to get them selling, assuming things ever go back to normal, I have no doubt this discounting will happen again

I'm one of the very early deposit placers and expecting car in 1st shipment.

I'm now wondering if I cancelled my order, does that contract / car go back to Nissan Australia to be reallocated or stays with the dealer. If it goes back to Nissan Australia there may be some wriggle room in the contract price with the dealer

I don't believe we will see any cars turn up and registered until early July as that is when the new (slightly higher) luxury car tax threshold will kick in

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Just r
i had my dealer call me up this morning. saying the car i want would be $81k (white, manual). Was trying to rush me to commit. they have had 15 cancellations thus far.
Was that Liverpool Nissan by any chance?

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
was Homebush
Thanks. Liverpool have gone MIA. I'm surprised they told you about the cancelations - thought they would be talking up demand (unless they told you after you committed)

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
Thanks. Liverpool have gone MIA. I'm surprised they told you about the cancelations - thought they would be talking up demand (unless they told you after you committed)
yeah i told them i need time. just last week a saleman says that i can wait till a car arrives at the dealersip, see the car in person, sit in it etc and then make a decision. then i get a call this morning asking to commit or they will have to give the car to someone else (a different salesman). so i told them ill let them know by end of the week. so yeah not commited yet....but seeing as there is not much out there at the moment. cheapest second hand supra isstill $85k on carsales and they are all in different states.....

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
i had my dealer call me up this morning. saying the car i want would be $81k (white, manual). Was trying to rush me to commit. they have had 15 cancellations thus far.
That is A LOT of cancellations. Wow. Wonder if people are put off by the price?

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
That is a lot of cancellations for just one dealership if that is true.

Demand could potentially drop significantly for the car if that is a on going trend as I think a lot of people were expecting it to land in the low to mid $70k's driveway when it is now in reality it is $80-90k.

Putting pressure to commit this early sounds more like desperation to get a sale rather than due to high demand for the car.

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
There's a lot of people on FB that are put off/cancelling due to price. Understandable, with Nissan's history starting new models high and dropping them over the years.

I don't know about anyone else, but I intend on keeping this car for at least 10 years- long enough to see them diminish and hopefully return in value.

Who knows what the market is going to do in the future though, with this push for electric vehicles.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just r

Was that Liverpool Nissan by any chance?
Who were you dealing with at Liverpool,
My guy there seemed a bit clueless, and his title is Sales manager

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
When I got my 370Z in 2013 it was less then 12 months old, new price back then was 69k, I got it for 42k.
Sold mine just recently and the lowest price for a new 370Z I saw was 44k driveaway.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Who were you dealing with at Liverpool,
My guy there seemed a bit clueless, and his title is Sales manager
His name is Adam - not sure his title but I've never dealt with a car salesman from any company who knows more about the car than I do.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
There's a lot of people on FB that are put off/cancelling due to price. Understandable, with Nissan's history starting new models high and dropping them over the years.

I don't know about anyone else, but I intend on keeping this car for at least 10 years- long enough to see them diminish and hopefully return in value.

Who knows what the market is going to do in the future though, with this push for electric vehicles.
Agree, Iā€™m going aheadā€¦and my dealer said he would have to squeeze the manager for even free mats because they have enough people to sell them twice, I donā€™t think they are worried.
For me, Iā€™m likeā€¦good. Pull out, means they wonā€™t be a dime a dozen