West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
G'day.
Ipswich, $500 deposit down.
Yellow, manual, performance spec.

Watching closely for the eye candy coming from TAS this weekend :)

Cheers
Great to get another Aussie on board, looks like we are after the same specs….you got a better deposit than I though. In WA the going rate was $4000-$5000, not too worried cause I have to pay for it at some stage ?

I placed my order March last year…the wait has been long, it’s great to finally see a RHD today, feels more real, and that it’s not too far away now…hopefully ?

Did your dealer give you any details…time line, pricing etc?

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Great to get another Aussie on board, looks like we are after the same specs….you got a better deposit than I though. In WA the going rate was $4000-$5000, not too worried cause I have to pay for it at some stage ?

I placed my order March last year…the wait has been long, it’s great to finally see a RHD today, feels more real, and that it’s not too far away now…hopefully ?

Did your dealer give you any details…time line, pricing etc?
He quoted 70k, but said he should see a few allocated to him. June 6th is the date I've been given. He also said they are just waiting for Nissan Japan to pass on more information.

I can't wait! Made my deposit in September.

Cheers :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
He quoted 70k, but said he should see a few allocated to him. June 6th is the date I've been given. He also said they are just waiting for Nissan Japan to pass on more information.

I can't wait! Made my deposit in September.

Cheers :)
Wow a specific date…that’s the first one we have had for the Aussies…hope he is right

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So after @Beard stated his dealer said June 6th, decided to annoy my dealer again y ask him what he heard. He said they latest they had been told is now 3rd possibly 4th quarter.

what’s going on …why can’t Nissan Aus give their dealers the basic information so everyone is on the same page

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So sorry to vent here guys, but hoping you will understand…really struggling at the moment. Looks like us West Aussies will be locked in for a good while yet…it’s so depressing…the Z was they only thing keeping me upbeat, but now no holidays, no family and the Z has been pushed back.
I’m so over this..¿I just want to get out and see the world again.
Am I being really silly, are things truly terrible where you are?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
So sorry to vent here guys, but hoping you will understand…really struggling at the moment. Looks like us West Aussies will be locked in for a good while yet…it’s so depressing…the Z was they only thing keeping me upbeat, but now no holidays, no family and the Z has been pushed back.
I’m so over this..¿I just want to get out and see the world again.
Am I being really silly, are things truly terrible where you are?
I know Australia is being so strict in controlling the spread, but what about the "let it rip" approach you guys have been pushing?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I know Australia is being so strict in controlling the spread, but what about the "let it rip" approach you guys have been pushing?
I’m in Western Australia…we were supposed to be opening our borders on the 5th of Feb, our premier tonight just announced its nor happening, and that he is mandating a third vaccine. For anyone who is stuck outside of the state (my boss just went to South Aus because her family got covid and they needed her to look after their elderly mum, who didn’t have it, whilst they are sick…not that they are very sick) it’s devastating. Now to come home, she needs to apply for a pass, an exemption, have had a booster vaccination, be tested before leaving, then quarantine away for her family for 14 days, then be tested again day 5,11 and 15 I believe.
it’s gone too far…if I didnt have teenage kids who are at uni, have girlfriends and friends, I’d pick up an leave…but I can’t leave them, and I’m scared they will resent me if I made them move. So here I stay, no holidays, haven’t seen my sister or in laws for two years, my son got all the way through fighter jet screening for the airforce ..but couldn’t complete the last step because he had to travel east for the simulators, and knew if he went he wouldn’t get back in…so now he is doing engineering at uni…look it’s not a bad career, and he’s enjoying it now his there. But he lost a dream job
International ,arrivals are capped at 500 a week, which really means no international travel.
We have to wear masks by law in all indoor settings and we only have between 2-3 cases a day …it feels like we are just delaying the inevitable and will never get out

Last edited:

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
stinger gt
I’m in Western Australia…we were supposed to be opening our borders on the 5th of Feb, our premier tonight just announced its nor happening, and that he is mandating a third vaccine. For anyone who is stuck outside of the state (my boss just went to South Aus because her family got covid and they needed her to look after their elderly mum, who didn’t have it, whilst they are sick…not that they are very sick) it’s devastating. Now to come home, she needs to apply for a pass, an exemption, have had a booster vaccination, be tested before leaving, then quarantine away for her family for 14 days, then be tested again day 5,11 and 15 I believe.
it’s gone too far…if I don’t have teenage kids who are at uni, have girlfriends and friends, I’d pick up an leave…but I can’t leave them, and I’m scared they will resent me if I made them move. So here I stay, no holidays, haven’t seen my sister or in laws for two years, my so got all the way through fighter jet screening for the airforce ..but couldn’t complete it because he had to travel east for the simulators, and knew if he went he wouldn’t get back in…so now he is doing engineering at uni…look it’s not a bad career, and he’s enjoying it now his there. But he lost a dream job
International ,arrivals are capped at 500 a week, which really means no international travel.
We have to wear masks by law in all indoor settings and we only have between 2-3 cases a day …it feels like we are just delaying the inevitable and will never get out
Yes the left certainly do enjoy being in total control of its people. And yes I agree, just delaying the inevitable

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I really do feel for you folk in WA, I don't see Mark McGowan getting another term.

Just had an update form local Nissan dealer, he said Nissan Australia is 100% focused on the release of the new Qashqai but after those arrive the Z should be next in line.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Now to come home, she needs to apply for a pass, an exemption, have had a booster vaccination, be tested before leaving, then quarantine away for her family for 14 days, then be tested again day 5,11 and 15 I believe.

My sister in law's Cousin is from Perth and see went overseas for her fathers funeral last month but obviously wasn't able to go back to WA directly and came back to Australia via Brisbane and had the stay with her Aunt for the quarantine period before she can go back to Perth. She is still in Brisbane and was due to go back to Perth on the weekend so I wonder with these changes if she will be able to go back. I am having dinner with the family tonight and she will be there so will find out tonight I guess.

Now onto slightly better news.

I just go a message from my dealer, now before anyone gets too carried away there was no real update on the car it was more a message to say that we haven't forgotten about you type of thing. Jezza probably got a similar message as we have ordered from the same dealer.

Although no update was given they said that currently the new Qashqai release is preoccupying them at the moment and after that has settled down we should hopefully here some news in the next month or two about the car.

Edit: Beaten by Jezza lol!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My sister in law's Cousin is from Perth and see went overseas for her fathers funeral last month but obviously wasn't able to go back to WA directly and came back to Australia via Brisbane and had the stay with her Aunt for the quarantine period before she can go back to Perth. She is still in Brisbane and was due to go back to Perth on the weekend so I wonder with these changes if she will be able to go back. I am having dinner with the family tonight and she will be there so will find out tonight I guess.

Now onto slightly better news.

I just go a message from my dealer, now before anyone gets too carried away there was no real update on the car it was more a message to say that we haven't forgotten about you type of thing. Jezza probably got a similar message as we have ordered from the same dealer.

Although no update was given they said that currently the new Qashqai release is preoccupying them at the moment and after that has settled down we should hopefully here some news in the next month or two about the car.

Edit: Beaten by Jezza lol!
Yes, but when is the Quashi released…and how long in between the change …could be months…another year even ?
sorry feeling pessimistic at the moment

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I really do feel for you folk in WA, I don't see Mark McGowan getting another term.

Just had an update form local Nissan dealer, he said Nissan Australia is 100% focused on the release of the new Qashqai but after those arrive the Z should be next in line.
Yeah…my mental health is not good at the moment, but I don’t get it. When I look at social media he has such support…but when I actually talk to people, and I mean people not just friends we all think the same.

4 untraced cases today…it’s here anyway, might as well just get on with it

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Wait, dealers are actually giving updates!?

I barely remember my dudes name! Chris? Cliff? Craig maybe ? ?

Bit rough giving the floor to the Qashqai though, honestly, who gives a shit about a new soft-roader! Get on with the Z, Nissan! ?

Stay tough West Aussie, im still out here in the desert, so you aren't going it alone!

I was just recently holidaying in Perth (got there literally the same day that the 1800hrs mask wearing started) so that was nice..am actually starting new employment Feb 9th flying in and out of Perth aswell so I'm sure that'll be enjoyable. Bhp was meant to get a handful of dudes starting from over nsw aswell but I guess that's cooked. Wonder if they'd need to resign from this new role given the indefinite nature of the border closure. Be a rough spot to be in I'd say.

Last edited: