Hands Up all the Aussies

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Yeah hopefully…I don’t like the …expected 2022 at the bottom. Use to say August ….hope it’s not getting pushed further back
When I received my follow up call from registering my interest in the Zed months ago, the sales guy was saying that they're expecting them to arrive late 2022. I took it as sales bluster intended to give a sense of scarcity, but maybe it wasn't.

I wasn't keen to preorder given it was clear that I wouldn't be able to back out excepting a few circumstances, so it's extra disappointing to hear that that release timing is looking more like reality.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
When I received my follow up call from registering my interest in the Zed months ago, the sales guy was saying that they're expecting them to arrive late 2022. I took it as sales bluster intended to give a sense of scarcity, but maybe it wasn't.

I wasn't keen to preorder given it was clear that I wouldn't be able to back out excepting a few circumstances, so it's extra disappointing to hear that that release timing is looking more like reality.
I was first told Dec last year, then Feb this year, then August came out officially from Nissan Aus, at that point my dealer said he though August would be worst case scenario, now August has been taken off the official sight and the last my dealer said is they are dealing with the Quashi first and the Z will be next …so who knows how long that will be.

FYI you can back out of the contract and the earlier you commit the better, can’t remember if he said 2 or 3 months, but dealer said that in Aus if either party doesn’t fill their end of the bargain in that time, either party can back out and they would by law have to issue a full refund….but I think they will give a refund regardless. Look at the Protos, you can still go on a waiting list incase anyone backs out of their contract…so might be worth having a chat to your dealer and see what sort of risk there is now we are getting closer to release

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FYI you can back out of the contract and the earlier you commit the better, can’t remember if he said 2 or 3 months, but dealer said that in Aus if either party doesn’t fill their end of the bargain in that time, either party can back out and they would by law have to issue a full refund….but I think they will give a refund regardless. Look at the Protos, you can still go on a waiting list incase anyone backs out of their contract…so might be worth having a chat to your dealer and see what sort of risk there is now we are getting closer to release
Interesting, I wonder if the terms differ by dealer. When I was chatting to the sales guy, I asked what the exit conditions for the preorder were and he said that it could only be terminated if it was over the contract price, or if they couldn't get the colour. I might have to have another chat with the dealer.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Interesting, I wonder if the terms differ by dealer. When I was chatting to the sales guy, I asked what the exit conditions for the preorder were and he said that it could only be terminated if it was over the contract price, or if they couldn't get the colour. I might have to have another chat with the dealer.
Shouldn’t be because it’s Aus law, and as I said they are still taking a list for Protos incase people change their minds, and that only comes in one colour, and will be a set price, if you haven’t seen it..you can see it on this page under reservations for Protos
https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z/reserve-your-vehicle.html

what were they giving you as an estimate?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
FYI
just found this on commerce Australia

“The dealer will deliver the vehicle to the purchaser on or before the delivery date stated in the contract.

In the case of a new vehicle, if a delivery date is not stated in the contract, the dealer will deliver the vehicle within three (3) months of the contract becoming binding on the parties.

In the case of a used vehicle, if a delivery date is not stated in the contract, the dealer will deliver the vehicle within one (1) month of the contract becoming binding on the parties.

Delivery of the vehicle to the purchaser will take place at the dealer’s premises, unless other arrangements are agreed to between the purchaser and the dealer.

The purchaser will deliver any trade-in vehicle to the dealer, and take delivery of the vehicle, within seven (7) days of being notified by the dealer that the vehicle is ready for collection “

in other words it looks like after the three months if the car is not delivered, and a date is not given …by law they have to release you from the contract.
this is what my dealer told me, and this appear to back it up

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
in other words it looks like after the three months if the car is not delivered, and a date is not given …by law they have to release you from the contract.
this is what my dealer told me, and this appear to back it up

That makes sense. I guess it stands to reason there would be some limit to how long it can go on for

Shouldn’t be because it’s Aus law, and as I said they are still taking a list for Protos incase people change their minds, and that only comes in one colour, and will be a set price, if you haven’t seen it..you can see it on this page under reservations for Protos
https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z/reserve-your-vehicle.html

what were they giving you as an estimate?
We didn't get that far after talking about how binding the agreement would be. If I recall correctly, this was before available colours were known and what equipment levels AU would receive, so I was reluctant to pursue it.

Have you been given an approximate figure?

I spoke to someone I knew who worked for Nissan at the time and they said it would be the same price as the current 370z, but I was very skeptical of that.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That makes sense. I guess it stands to reason there would be some limit to how long it can go on for

We didn't get that far after talking about how binding the agreement would be. If I recall correctly, this was before available colours were known and what equipment levels AU would receive, so I was reluctant to pursue it.

Have you been given an approximate figure?

I spoke to someone I knew who worked for Nissan at the time and they said it would be the same price as the current 370z, but I was very skeptical of that.
I doubt it would be the same as the outgoing 370z because that has come down in price by around 15k since it first came out…
My contract says 80k but subject to change on release….that’s the best bit compared to the US we get charged the same no matter where we go.
Having said that, my dealer said he felt that was worst case scenario, and they put it at that estimate so people wouldn’t get a nasty surprise if it was higher than expected, and if it’s less they will get a nice surprise and less likely to walk.
At this stage any price a dealer gives you is just a guess…no one knows

BUT the consensus is the normal model will be around 70k Proto 80. However it is just a guess.

My brother in laws sister works very high up in Nissan Aus…I should really get him to grill her, but I know it would be a waste of time. She got there for a reason. Gotta be good at keeping a secret

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I'm sure that you're all familiar with these guys. I hope Moog intentionally miscalling it a 400Z triggers everyone. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm sure that you're all familiar with these guys. I hope Moog intentionally miscalling it a 400Z triggers you all. :)

Yeah…still reckon if it’s over 80k they are really going to struggle.
I mean 2022 BRZ is 42k, so whilst it’s not in the same league….I don’t think the Z is worth more than double

guess we will have to wait to see…but if a regular starts at 86 then a Proto would be close to 100k…that’s not going to go down well ( or was the conversion for the Proto?)

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
To me personally I don't think the contract would be binding as we don't even know the exact specifications of the car we will be getting yet, let alone the actual cost of the car.

At worst they would generally just take your deposit if you cancel your order and move on to sell it to the next person.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
To me personally I don't think the contract would be binding as we don't even know the exact specifications of the car we will be getting yet, let alone the actual cost of the car.
All deposits are fully refundable. No dealer can keep any part of the deposit before prices are announced. Even if details had been confirmed ACCC state that a contract can be voided after 6 months.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
All deposits are fully refundable. No dealer can keep any part of the deposit before prices are announced. Even if details had been confirmed ACCC state that a contract can be voided after 6 months.
Commerce Australia state it’s only 3 months before they have to give a refund if requested..anyone who reserved early will be more than fine

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Any punts on when we'll see some more details forthcoming?

If Nissan are indeed wanting to get the Qashqai out of the way first, that's fine, so I went looking for details on when that's likely to be done and yeah..I'm seeing some info floating around to indicate the new Qashqai is pegged for a first quarter release but its quite annoying to not find a solid date (given the admittedly brief amount of looking around I did) when it should only be a month out.

I know people are saying march we'll see some more on the Z, but given the above for the Qashqai, I'm not so sure. I reckon mid-late April is when the price for the Z will be announced.

Hopefully I'm wrong..I'd really like to be wrong.