Hands Up all the Aussies

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Your dealers should be up to ringing around the standard performance coupe orders. No allocations from Nissan on these yet. They'll most likely trigger a new contract as the model codes and pricing is finalised. There have been some complaints on pricing, so maybe a few cancellations on the performance spec as well. :)

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Your dealers should be up to ringing around the standard performance coupe orders. No allocations from Nissan on these yet. They'll most likely trigger a new contract as the model codes and pricing is finalised. There have been some complaints on pricing, so maybe a few cancellations on the performance spec as well. :)

Curious as to what needs to be finalised with pricing, hopefully inclusion of floor mats..

I assume vehicles that have shipped will be amongst the first allocated?

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Curious as to what needs to be finalised with pricing, hopefully inclusion of floor mats..

I assume vehicles that have shipped will be amongst the first allocated?
If your dealer didn't do the price update on the contract when released a month ago, then you'll need a new contract which shows the paint cost, stamps, delivery and other taxes. :) I am sure you'll get some floor mats. Ha ha. Where did you order yours from?

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Have you seen what options are coming at launch by any chance-i.e. will the Nismo exhaust be available?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So when you say “up to ringing you around the standard performance coupe order”
For what reason of they do not have allocations?
I mean I have an updated contract with pricing out of the computerised system now, but really it still means nothing without an allocation.

Is it to
A..lock in contracts
B..figure out where allocations will go
C..to look like they are doing something when really they are doing nothing 🤭

I’m just trying to figure out the importance of new contracts of there are no cars?

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I am sure you'll get some floor mats. Ha ha. Where did you order yours from?
I ordered from Bartons Wynnum. Being their very first order I'm patently awaiting this allusive phone call confirming allocation/delivery.

I'm not interested in receiving anymore paperwork unless it has a VIN on it.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I ordered from Bartons Wynnum. Being their very first order I'm patently awaiting this allusive phone call confirming allocation/delivery.

I'm not interested in receiving anymore paperwork unless it has a VIN on it.
Understandable, I signed the new paperwork in the hope that it would somehow show that I’m serious about the purchase and therefore more likely for the allocation to come through…but I completely understand where your coming from.
I think at thins point the frustration is at breaking point, people are sick of it.
As I said I think we have lost a round 5 Aussies from our small pool alone …and not due to price (although one was) but mostly out of frustration and lack of info.
I’ve almost jumped ship on more than one occasion and I know @jezzza you are getting to that point too
There’s only so much a person can take!

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
If your dealer didn't do the price update on the contract when released a month ago, then you'll need a new contract which shows the paint cost, stamps, delivery and other taxes.
Bartons are not issuing updated contracts until allocations are confirmed.

Which dealership are you with?

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Is it to
A..lock in contracts
B..figure out where allocations will go
C..to look like they are doing something when really they are doing nothing 🤭

I’m just trying to figure out the importance of new contracts of there are no cars?
Ha ha, all of the above. Only about 40% of existing orders can be serviced...

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Ha ha, all of the above. Only about 40% of existing orders can be serviced...
I too am very interested in what you mean by serviced? We know that Protos were vastly overordered but we haven't heard of any trouble supplying the Coupes.

Just to confirm, once these cars land do they head directly to the corresponding dealership?

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
With the current restrictions most OEM's phase models to markets, rather than the traditional order goes in a queue and gets allocated a build slot. Toyota still does this, however they do play with the build slots, so not completely different. Yes, the coupe is over subscribed, so if you don't get a phase 1 allocation you will get an indicative delivery date. It's simply a terrible time to buy a car, high prices and long wait times. Some manufacturers are indicating they will never get back to previous production levels. As you can imagine they have the challenge of scaling their businesses for the reduced supply and lots of things are inelastic in the production process. They are also making record grosses, so like the Apple model you'd have to wonder if there is a sweet spot in supply. ie maintain just enough production for a defensive market share position. The reason I quote Toyota is that they are the leader still. It's worth having a look around their corporate site at future strategy and challenges to help read the tea leaf's.. https://global.toyota/en/company/vision-and-philosophy/global-vision/

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
With the current restrictions most OEM's phase models to markets, rather than the traditional order goes in a queue and gets allocated a build slot. Toyota still does this, however they do play with the build slots, so not completely different. Yes, the coupe is over subscribed, so if you don't get a phase 1 allocation you will get an indicative delivery date. It's simply a terrible time to buy a car, high prices and long wait times. Some manufacturers are indicating they will never get back to previous production levels. As you can imagine they have the challenge of scaling their businesses for the reduced supply and lots of things are inelastic in the production process. They are also making record grosses, so like the Apple model you'd have to wonder if there is a sweet spot in supply. ie maintain just enough production for a defensive market share position. The reason I quote Toyota is that they are the leader still. It's worth having a look around their corporate site at future strategy and challenges to help read the tea leaf's.. https://global.toyota/en/company/vision-and-philosophy/global-vision/
So you can confirm that Nissan is honouring orders in order of date a deposit was put down?
That should mean that myself and @jezzza will be ok, but not everyone.

I suppose the difference is the Protos are limited limited in that after the 140 (or what ever we are getting) are gone they are gone, whereas the coupe even though over subscribed will be filled eventually….but who knows how long it will take to fill all orders?
Some rumours suggest some orders may not be filled till this time next year 😖