Hands Up all the Aussies

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Anyone buy anything interesting on Black Friday sales? I finally ordered the illuminated kick plates, have had my eye on them a while. Nissan USA had some discounts running on parts. Also ordered the Nismo oil + radiator caps.
1701553592920.jpeg

Last edited:

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Anyone buy anything interesting on Black Friday sales? I finally ordered the illuminated kick plates, have had my eye on them a while. Nissan USA had some discounts running on parts.
1701553592920.jpeg
My car came with the kick plates and the scuff guards. I really like the kick plates. They look great, they're well made, and they really add to the look of the car, as your photo shows.

The scuff guards on the other hand look pretty cheap, and they're not installed well. I've been thinking about removing them, but I'm not sure how they're installed, and I don't want to damage what's underneath.

Has anybody tried removing or installing the scuff guards? How's it work?

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
My car came with the kick plates and the scuff guards. I really like the kick plates. They look great, they're well made, and they really add to the look of the car, as your photo shows.

The scuff guards on the other hand look pretty cheap, and they're not installed well. I've been thinking about removing them, but I'm not sure how they're installed, and I don't want to damage what's underneath.

Has anybody tried removing or installing the scuff guards? How's it work?
When I got these I also ordered two nissan standard service connectors for the wiring.
Didn't end up using them as could not find the connection point
Connected to the door courtesy light fuse.

Reactions: Mud

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Well car arrived.

not sure what happed missing 2cly but gained 2 doors!

IMG_9413.jpeg
Congrats, looks great. How’s the boot size? I sold the XV for the Z but won’t be fitting the bikes in the boot! Wagon would be super handy.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
So it’s actually wife’s car

she had a 2018 Impreza prior so same boot size as your XV this is same width but about a foot longer so super handy.

Original plan was my Z this year and she was getting hers next.

when I was told mid next year for mine we went down and ordered this that weekend.

and naturally 2 days after picking this up I was emailed to be told I have a build slot for the Z.

The happy news on that.
MY24

and after the my24 news broke re the blue interior I went and talked to dealer and the build sheet does have it.

so blue paint and blue interior very happy.

So I’m actually happy for the delay as I was annoyed originally AU did not get it and USA did and had been looking at finding a parted out one in usa to get the interior but it’s now all worked out for me.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
OK OK OK... so my car is on a ship and only a few weeks away! If it arrives by Dec 22nd it'll be 365 days since I ordered! hah

Can anyone locally in Australia recommend where to buy/order an exhaust... is it that AWE available? Or anyone happy with what they got and let me know? :)

(Oh... is it really $3k?!)

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
OK OK OK... so my car is on a ship and only a few weeks away! If it arrives by Dec 22nd it'll be 365 days since I ordered! hah
Congrats! Nice time of the year to get it. I've seen a few posts re: exhausts on the AU Facebook sites for the new Z so it might be worth posting there too (I haven't changed mine).

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Haven’t gotten the car yet!

but might need to find an upholstery person to change the material .

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Hi All, posting to confirm that the rear Cargo blind from the 370Z fits perfectly in our cars, got one yesterday for $200 from a wrecker in perfect condition

20231212_160735.jpg

20231212_160759.jpg

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Are there any of the 9” radio units available online? I’d love to change mine out to the larger size, even if in Japanese spec with Japanese buttons!

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I think there have been a few wrecks in the US, maybe a search of wreckers over there

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Have been thinking the same, although I wonder if US features like Nissan Connect, Sirius XM etc might make it harder to get working here.

Personally I reckon a good thing to chase from a US wreck could be the AT (louder) exhaust.