First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
They called me this morning to confirm my order, and issue new contract (with the updated pricing - no markup).

Apparently here in Australia, the Protos will touch down first, then the Performance will follow. Dealership don't think they'll have their demo/showroom car until September/October though, as all the initial allocations are accounted for. They told me the expectation is for July delivery to me.

For reference, Nissan seem to be really controlling the release of cars to dealerships. Apparently there were like 20 deposits for the Proto at my dealership, and they can only get a maximum of 4. Anyone who cancels, Nissan keeps the car (ie, doesn't go to the dealership).

Honestly I was starting to have second thoughts... pricing here in AU is not great... but hearing how few there are has reignited my enthusiasm!

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
Dealership don't think they'll have their demo/showroom car until September/October though,
Sometimes a dealership does a deal with an owner to keep the car in the showroom for a while, but only as a show piece and not for test drives or even just sitting in.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
They called me this morning to confirm my order, and issue new contract (with the updated pricing - no markup).

Apparently here in Australia, the Protos will touch down first, then the Performance will follow. Dealership don't think they'll have their demo/showroom car until September/October though, as all the initial allocations are accounted for. They told me the expectation is for July delivery to me.

For reference, Nissan seem to be really controlling the release of cars to dealerships. Apparently there were like 20 deposits for the Proto at my dealership, and they can only get a maximum of 4. Anyone who cancels, Nissan keeps the car (ie, doesn't go to the dealership).

Honestly I was starting to have second thoughts... pricing here in AU is not great... but hearing how few there are has reignited my enthusiasm!
I highly doubt any of this is true. We are all being told conflicting stories.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
Sometimes a dealership does a deal with an owner to keep the car in the showroom for a while, but only as a show piece and not for test drives or even just sitting in.
If mine comes any later than Oct/very early Nov. They can use mine as a show piece in their show room for the winter season, free storage for me Lmao.. Cut me a deal

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
If mine comes any later than Oct/very early Nov. They can use mine as a show piece in their show room for the winter season, free storage for me Lmao.. Cut me a deal
I like that idea as well:)

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
If I get mine I'm not storing it. I'll drive it no matter what.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I wouldn’t doubt it. They’re close to Japan.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
perhaps they started building the protos after the pre-production cars were made. that would explain them being built faster.

if you don't mind us asking, how much was it? curious as to what the price differences between the 2 trims you guys are getting

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Where are you in Australia out of curiosity, Dutchess? Heard similar news in Brisbane myself.
Hey mate, I don't want to out the dealership (just in case they told me something they shouldn't have...) but I'll just say it's very, very close to the Brisbane CBD.

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
I don't work for Nissan or a dealership at all, but I can 100% confirm I've relayed exactly what was told to me by a licensed Nissan dealership in AU.

It also makes sense to me - AFAIK the cars are being made in Japan, which is not only pretty convenient for shipping to Australia, but we are also Right Hand Drive like them...

OP
OP

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
if you don't mind us asking, how much was it? curious as to what the price differences between the 2 trims you guys are getting
We are only getting two variants.
One they are calling the "Coupe", which I believe is identical to the Performance.
The other is the "Proto", which is almost the same as what has been shown in the US (not quite identical though). I believe those are limited to 200 only.

Below is in AUD.
Conversion (As of right now) is USD$0.687.

1656980128153.png

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
These kind of reports are funny. My dealership owner just got in touch with me a few days ago and said production will start in July hopefully.
Then what's all those Zs on those trailers? I don't trust your guy on the advisory panel.

Plus these peeps are in Aus, so their schedule is probably slightly different.