Ford Mustang thread

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
The other two hang-ups for me are lack of gears–yes, I know they're not needed, but it's such a critical part of the driving experience—and sound. I don't want to resort to piping in some fake music like some manufacturers do, but at the same time don't know what the alternative would be.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Random Mustang thought - out of all the current V8 muscle cars, the Mustang by FAR sounds the best. The sound it makes IMO is fucking GREAT. One of my favorites.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Random Mustang thought - out of all the current V8 muscle cars, the Mustang by FAR sounds the best. The sound it makes IMO is fucking GREAT. One of my favorites.
Agreed there. It’s something Ford doesn’t mess around with. They’ve always made sure they got it right.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Love the exhaust modes on my Track Package! A lot better than Camaro's LS V8 honestly.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I’m biased, but an LS/LT sounds far superior IMO.
Unless you throw the flat plane stangs into the conversation.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Will be watching this AUS series, check out the builds videos ? This IS how you use muscle cars, not on streets with TC and ESC off, asking for disaster.

Modified SOHC LS and DOHC Coyote, but cost-effective, reasonably built.

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
This didnt age well..

Unfortunately it’s the future of cars. Hopefully we can easily remove it from the 400
A) this was in reference to EVs and B) eh? Assume you're referencing the mention of Active Sound Enhancement (ASE) in the Canadian Z brochure? For starters, we don't know if that'll be USDM-spec, and secondly, I've seen people disabling it in the Toyobaru's so imagine it's something we can just as easily toggle IF it's standard on our side of the border.

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
A) this was in reference to EVs and B) eh? Assume you're referencing the mention of Active Sound Enhancement (ASE) in the Canadian Z brochure? For starters, we don't know if that'll be USDM-spec, and secondly, I've seen people disabling it in the Toyobaru's so imagine it's something we can just as easily toggle IF it's standard on our side of the border.
I believe all manufacturers that use active sound design can disable it with a simple fuse besides the new c8.

I love this forum, but 90% of everything is just trash talking other cars. And then the same stuff we laugh at turns around and gets slapped on the car we are all waiting for here. It’s stupid tbh. Let’s wait for all the info / tests before talking down on other people’s cars