First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
That manual Supra shifts smooth and crisp. I can’t wait to get behind the wheel of one. 😍

-RJM
i kinda wanted to wait cause i like the matte white and the blue but the guy was like 57 for the supra i wasnt going to be like meh im gonna wait

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
i kinda wanted to wait cause i like the matte white and the blue but the guy was like 57 for the supra i wasnt going to be like meh im gonna wait
Yeah it will be priced too high the first year. Need to wait for some lightly used deals if there are any next year.

-RJM

ChibanaChosin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2014 Mazda3, 2013 Lincoln MKX
Occupation
Network Security Architect
Toyota has stated that their goal with the Supra is to sell roughly the same number each year during the 7-year contract with BMW, and they plan to do this by constantly introducing new features, special editions, etc. I personally suspect that they planned to work on a manual from the beginning, or shortly thereafter, to keep those sales up another year or two. I'm wondering what other features they're waiting to release. As it stands now, I'm leaning more toward the Supra (or maybe the upcoming BMW M2) than the Z as a possible future sports/performance car once my son is out of college, but I want to see if we can get some reputable reviews of a Z with better tires, and maybe a Nismo version that makes it more hard edged. I'm not looking for a Japanese muscle car.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
they plan to do this by constantly introducing new features, special editions, etc.
That's the way most companies work these days ... cars, computers, cellphones, TVs, books, ...

It's simply a greed factor trying to con people into buying the same thing yet again because it's now slightly different.

ChibanaChosin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2014 Mazda3, 2013 Lincoln MKX
Occupation
Network Security Architect
That's the way most companies work these days ... cars, computers, cellphones, TVs, books, ...

It's simply a greed factor trying to con people into buying the same thing yet again because it's now slightly different.
That's not entirely true. I work in the automotive industry. Sales of most sports cars fall off dramatically after the first year or two. Toyota is taking a more finessed action with the Supra to see that doesn't happen, and so far, it's worked. Their sales numbers have remained relatively stable each year so far. We'll see if that continues for the full 7 years.

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
That's not entirely true.
You always get a car released, then you'll get a slightly tweaked version of a couple of years later, and the ball keeps rolling along every few years before they eventually replace it with a "all new" version (which sometimes is little more than a "facelift").

The new Z is in many ways simply a tweaked 370Z with a facelift. The 370Z was largely a tweaked 350Z, and there are minor tweaks in-between. Plus you also get a Nismo and Roadster versions coming along, each with their own tweaking schedules.

Porsche has been using this system for about 60 years with their 911.

Of course, occasionally you do get an actual new car come along too ... or even a whole new car company (such as Tesla) although most rarely last for long or remain niche brands.