Sponsored

Does your Performance Model Get Squirrely in Rear end under Hard Acceleration ?

VR30Infection

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
516
Reaction score
495
Location
California
Car(s)
24'Z Performance, 67' Barracuda
Performance 6spd. Here, and I’ve gotten squirrely in 3rd gear in a straight line with stock tires a few times. (When driving normal in 1st and 2nd, and then giving it the beans in 3rd)
 
OP
OP

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
145
Reaction score
113
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
Performance 6spd. Here, and I’ve gotten squirrely in 3rd gear in a straight line with stock tires a few times. (When driving normal in 1st and 2nd, and then giving it the beans in 3rd)
Yeah that was my experience , pretty much exactly as you described.
 

KnightRiderz

Well-Known Member
First Name
Adam
Joined
Jul 14, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
144
Reaction score
180
Location
Maryland
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Occupation
Military
So before my suspension and tire upgrade. My performance would get squirrely often. Once I added the front and rear sway bars and lowered it and threw on the DWS 06s I have not had any issues. Now I did all the changes at the same time so like I have been told before how do I know what really worked. I dont but love the way the Z handles now.
 

VR30Infection

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
516
Reaction score
495
Location
California
Car(s)
24'Z Performance, 67' Barracuda
So before my suspension and tire upgrade. My performance would get squirrely often. Once I added the front and rear sway bars and lowered it and threw on the DWS 06s I have not had any issues. Now I did all the changes at the same time so like I have been told before how do I know what really worked. I dont but love the way the Z handles now.
Most likely the tires. Sway bars don’t do anything for straight line grip and usually lowering doesn’t help either.
 
OP
OP

zeroptzero

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joey
Joined
Sep 7, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
145
Reaction score
113
Location
Ontario
Car(s)
26 Z
So before my suspension and tire upgrade. My performance would get squirrely often. Once I added the front and rear sway bars and lowered it and threw on the DWS 06s I have not had any issues. Now I did all the changes at the same time so like I have been told before how do I know what really worked. I dont but love the way the Z handles now.
Nice work , that sounds great.
 
 






Top