First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
My local dealership, who I put a small deposit down with, just called and said Nissan isn't taking any orderes till December 2023. So I don't even know what to do now.
Take a drink . My dealer said ….. OMG a dealership doesn’t know sh**. 12/2023 ?

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
My Salesguy texted me today and said "Hopefully we'll have the Z this week". Yeah Right:(

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I think everyone’s just fed up. There is no excuses anymore. Nissan, you fucked up big time. Don’t blame supply chain anymore. You just laid an egg on this car

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
My son is nearing driving age.

I figured a newer Civic with MT would be a good 1st car. The used prices are higher than the new prices, although I am specifically looking for hatchback 6MT, any Civic 2016+ is listed at over $25k, in my area.

So, I looked at new Civics, I mean if I'm going to pay new car prices, may as well get a new car.
The dealerships in my area have zero Civic inventory.
It seems they have plenty of HR-V, CR-V, Passport, etc. No Civics. Why?
Because the manufacturers are focusing resources on most profitable rigs.

If I can't find a new Civic, how the hell does anyone think the new Z will be available in any meaningful numbers?
Anyone been to a Nissan dealership lately? Again, in my area, Nissan lots are bare.
If they have a choice between selling a Z or a Pathfinder....... guess what?

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
My son is nearing driving age.

I figured a newer Civic with MT would be a good 1st car. The used prices are higher than the new prices, although I am specifically looking for hatchback 6MT, any Civic 2016+ is listed at over $25k, in my area.

So, I looked at new Civics, I mean if I'm going to pay new car prices, may as well get a new car.
The dealerships in my area have zero Civic inventory.
It seems they have plenty of HR-V, CR-V, Passport, etc. No Civics. Why?
Because the manufacturers are focusing resources on most profitable rigs.

If I can't find a new Civic, how the hell does anyone think the new Z will be available in any meaningful numbers?
Anyone been to a Nissan dealership lately? Again, in my area, Nissan lots are bare.
If they have a choice between selling a Z or a Pathfinder....... guess what?
Yup …just like the rest of the Automaker’s Nissan is focusing on the larger profit/margin SUV and truck market. Can’t blame them for wanting to maximize profits. Not to many in the masses that will buy a rear wheel drive sport car these days.

Talltannleggy

First Name
Audrina-Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis coupe 3.8 track
Occupation
Server
Take a drink . My dealer said ….. OMG a dealership doesn’t know sh**. 12/2023 ?
I'm trying to post the screen grab of the voice mail but it's not uploading. Here's my google drive link for proof 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Mud

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Maybe Nissan intention is to never really produce any affordable Zs in any real numbers. But just make enough and spread them around to drive traffic into dealerships

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
My local dealership, who I put a small deposit down with, just called and said Nissan isn't taking any orders till December 2023. So I don't even know what to do now.
Nissan USA has said from the beginning they won't be taking any orders on this car. That doesn't mean you won't be able to get one early next year, assuming they start being delivered in reasonable numbers. Hopefully by that time, the hype will have died down and ADM's will have disappeared.

Now if you have $100k+ lying around, you can probably get a Proto spec this year.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Maybe Nissan intention is to never really produce any affordable Zs in any real numbers. But just make enough and spread them around to drive traffic into dealerships
My concern from the get-go was:
a) The initial availability will take forever to ramp up.
b) The vehicle is not planned for production in the amounts we'd like to see.

Not saying Z is a small batch "boutique" vehicle. But I've been concerned production will be limited in a way that will keep availability restricted and prices higher for an extended period (depending on market and ADM).

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during the planning meetings, and know the targeted outputs, production line capacities, and what numbers Nissan is shooting for.

Is Nissan planning to churn Zs out on the high end of what we might expect (hope) for a sports car class? Or the lower end? Time will tell.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
I'd have to go back and find it - but I thought Honda was cutting production by 40% due to shortages so it seems to be affecting a lot of different car dealers etc. While I am excited about the Z coming out - to at least see one in person - we all know it will be marked up heavily bc dealers suck, I know regardless of whether or not I can afford it - I think I would wait out the first year to see what some of the youtube vloggers do with it as well as see what typical issues people have with them by visiting this forum etc.