Disappointment with the New 2023 Z???

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
What's really weird is the top trim Rogue has it, buy not the sports car that actually can benefit from it.
Kinda follows tradition....
You could get HUD on the NX1600 which had a lowly 1.6L 4 banger, but not on any Z32 300ZX. You'd think the Twin Turbo would've had it ...... Nope

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Kinda follows tradition....
You could get HUD on the NX1600 which had a lowly 1.6L 4 banger, but not on any Z32 300ZX. You'd think the Twin Turbo would've had it ...... Nope
Z often proves itself the exception within Nissan's portfolio, in both good ways and head-scratching ways. Like, they have recently made some fairly impressive strides in terms of interior design & materials but that doesn't really seem to have translated to the Z (at least not yet).

This is a bloody Sentra 😄

1662558416944.png

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I stopped by my local dealership again to talk about their Proto and future allocations.

The Proto they’re holding a silent auction for it. If you bid high enough they will call you if not then forget it. I heard anything under $100K will not be considered.

As for a future allocation they said possibly 1 Performance manual in January. Nissan really screwed the pooch on this release!

-RJM
Ugh. $100k auctions, ADMs, vehicles MIA, jumping through hoops to find/buy one. Where's the fun?

If I'm going to spend 40k+ on something, it should be fun, not aggravating.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Doesn't anyone else find wireless charging dreadfully slow? I've got it in both the truck and car and still plug in 99% of the time. I turned off the HUD in the Mercedes when I picked the car up in February of '21 and haven't turned it back on since. I found it completely distracting.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Agree that it's disappointing it doesn't have cooled seats or the HUD when other vehicles in the lineup have them. Wireless charging would have been nice and the newer infotainment screen and software that the refreshed Altima has.
I wouldn't be surprised to see all these things show up in the mid cycle refresh in a few years or the Nismo hopefully.

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
Ugh. $100k auctions, ADMs, vehicles MIA, jumping through hoops to find/buy one. Where's the fun?

If I'm going to spend 40k+ on something, it should be fun, not aggravating.
It’s so funny to me - prior to the pandemic - the cars available were not very exciting other than the Honda Civic Type R and the Supra (which could be had at below MSRP); then its like the pandemic hit right when we were getting some of the coolest cars in the last 5yrs - the Corolla GR, the new Golf R, the new Honda Civic Type R, the new Z, a Supra with a manual - it’s like C’MON MAN - this is a great time - not to mention the new BMW M2 will be coming out as well.

And…we have silent auctions, out of control ADM, shortages galore, dealers acting like these cars which have a MSRP for a reason need to be priced like a used NSX or GTR - its like WHY….WHY is this the time we have some of the coolest cars - why not 5yrs ago when there was no cool cars (then again who knows - maybe the Z wouldn’t have been made)

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Doesn't anyone else find wireless charging dreadfully slow? I've got it in both the truck and car and still plug in 99% of the time. I turned off the HUD in the Mercedes when I picked the car up in February of '21 and haven't turned it back on since. I found it completely distracting.
Yes slow. Zupra has one but it is super slow. Everyone ends up using the usb charge port. I like heads up for glancing at speed through turns on unfamiliar tracks.

Before i ruined the zupra into a race car. the heads up had a cool feature on the adaptive cruise that was handy in traffic.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Z often proves itself the exception within Nissan's portfolio, in both good ways and head-scratching ways. Like, they have recently made some fairly impressive strides in terms of interior design & materials but that doesn't really seem to have translated to the Z (at least not yet).

This is a bloody Sentra 😄

1662558416944.png
And Nissan being Nissan, that interior isn't nice enough to make up for what's under the hood.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
And Nissan being Nissan, that interior isn't nice enough to make up for what's under the hood.
Oh, the Sentra is putrid, to be sure. Not sure why Nissan refuses to marry the best of their assets in a single offering like, say, the new Z. That might have been a good strategy...

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Oh, the Sentra is putrid, to be sure. Not sure why Nissan refuses to marry the best of their assets in a single offering like, say, the new Z. That might have been a good strategy...
An option to get the 1.6T would've at least made it looked like they could acknowledge their competition.....

Both the Civic and the Corolla have significantly better powertrains.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
An option to get the 1.6T would've at least made it looked like they could acknowledge their competition.....

Both the Civic and the Corolla have significantly better powertrains.
Finding new and creative ways to make everyone question what in the actual hell they're doing 😄 😄

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Is apple CarPlay wireless?
According to the spec sheet on the Performance Z in the US, yes it is.

Edit: Fixed the trim and country.

Last edited: