Disappointment with the New 2023 Z???

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
@Loco38SUP. Glad to hear. Can't wait to see it in person myself.

Honestly, disappointed with the fact that I won't be able to get one soon for two reasons: (1) I won't pay unreasonable markups for it; and (2) got the wife on board to let us get a second sports car, but she has to be able to drive it - and she can't drive stick shift... so yeah the news of the stop sales on the autos hurt a bit.

Regardless, I wasn't planning to purchase this year, so I'm waiting to see how this all plays out. But if a Z perf auto is not readily available by mid 2023 at reasonable prices, I'll probably go with something else - maybe a low mileage used MK3 Audi TTRS or maybe make the jump to an EV and get a Mustang Mach E.

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Disappointment?

Nope - Styling, heritage (home run!)
Yep - Price/performance (even with VR30, carryover 370Z)
Angry? - Dealers....Nissan!

edit: But I'm still hanging in here guys, let's see what I can get for my low mi Mustang GT PP2........

Last edited:

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i love the retro tail lights the front could use a little something , the price not so much and now even less after the reviews but maybe i get one later after the hype and stuff

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Not disappointed in anything aside from the current state of Nissan's rollout and dealer's markups and BS. I doubt I'll be able to pick one up even mid next year as some who will get the car early in the year will try and flip it so used would be a no-go. Hopefully the dealer close to me will honor MSRP pricing mid next year, if not then I'll just wait until a dealer somewhere out there wants to not be total asshats.

Love everything about the car as I loved my 370 before and all the updates just make the package better overall. Pricing, could've been lower, but with this performance, its within a few k of each competitor so not too worried overall.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Yup. Really slow compared to other cars.
Its slower sure but the problem is that Nissan over-sold the hype. How many years pitching the 400hp for under $40K BS.

Everyone thought it was going to hit the market and dominate everything. The ugly truth is that it under performed vs expectation.

The insane dealership markups and low availability don’t help it’s case. That’s the biggest disappointment to me.

-RJM

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
I'm disappointed that I don't have one in my driveway already..

Despite the drama surrounding the car, I think it will be a good platform for long term ownership. It's what I'm looking for right now, and I think the aftermarket will keep it fresh if it starts to lose its appeal.

Actually I am disappointed about the crap exhaust on the manual. That will need to be looked at.

Lvckv69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 911
Really

Really, you think it slow,the supra is 3.9 to 60,the Z is 4.2. your porsche 911 isn't as fast as the z unless it is a turbo or gt3.
Don't bring my turbo s on this fight. Totally different category. I'm in the low 600's. I say slow because well, it gets beat by the pony, Zupra, Aston Martin, etc.

It just is. Let's spit all the facts here. I was in your shoes too. I was totally on denial. Trying to defend the new Z, ignoring everyone bashing the Z. But in the end, I admitted the defeat. Nissan let us down by miles. It is just the true. Doesn't matter how you look at it.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Don't bring my turbo s on this fight. Totally different category. I'm in the low 600's. I say slow because well, it gets beat by the pony, Zupra, Aston Martin, etc.

It just is. Let's spit all the facts here. I was in your shoes too. I was totally on denial. Trying to defend the new Z, ignoring everyone bashing the Z. But in the end, I admitted the defeat. Nissan let us down by miles. It is just the true. Doesn't matter how you look at it.
So how fast do you need it to go?
I mean if your tracking it I get it…but even on the poll in the forum very few are planning on doing so.
In some of the Aussie reviews the drivers pushed them well above what most of us will, the car has great take off, it ca; get to 200km per hour stock, and none of the Aussies had trouble with the breaks or the gears

The only thing I feel let down on is the small infotainment with plug in CarPlay and no nav, as in Aus we can’t get that ….and for a daily that does make a difference

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The only thing I feel let down on is the small infotainment with plug in CarPlay and no nav, as in Aus we can’t get that ….and for a daily that does make a difference
Do you know why Nav is not avail there? Some regulation or ? That’s inconvenient.

Btw, this new Z is much more refined and quiet, I’d say just about perfect for a daily.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Do you know why Nav is not avail there? Some regulation or ? That’s inconvenient.

Btw, this new Z is much more refined and quiet, I’d say just about perfect for a daily.
Nope…no regulations…their excuse was they couldn’t get enough of the bigger units