Diff (??) gave up at the track, ouch!

BlackHawk77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 9AT
I'm your neighbor over in Mount Prospect. This is what I did for traction :)

I actually went to the track again without the brace installed again. Had some really hard launches without issue. Best 0-60 of 2.80 seconds

1000008369.jpg

1000009081.png

Let me know what you all think of the brace after it’s installed. The cars finally starting to feel more and more complete imo. It’s still missing something on the suspension side for even more traction. The PS4’s can only do so much

Racebox

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Racebox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
goracebox.com
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Tuning/ parts installation
LOL..crazy how fast these track runs turn into articles!
All information and technical updates for our Z are posted on our Instagram @goracebox , as well as our YouTube shown above.
NO we did NOT go old school and weld anything😂 This was a fully stock rear end the first time we broke it in Florida at FL2K. The second time we broke it we upgraded to Z1 solid diff bushings, subframe collars, as well as the upgraded Z1 diff brace and cover. The diff sheared the gears inside and broke completely at Import Face Off.
The Z cut a 1.50 60ft wheel hopping fighting for dear life on it's latest run on the 1/8th (our local 1/4th mile track got torn down), but YES that stock open diff was NOT cut out for launching on a hard prepped track. If you're launching the base model on a prepped surface we highly recommend a LSD lol, on our old Performance Z we cut a 1.49 60ft and low 1.5s all day on 93 with no issues.

We just got the OEM Performance LSD in our Z last week, so hopefully we will be back with some more updates for you all soon.