First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
After all the work they've done modifying the car, including removing sub-frame supports, It has to have been Nissan that left the stud loose. Riiiiiight!

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
After all the work they've done modifying the car, including removing sub-frame supports, It has to have been Nissan that left the stud loose. Riiiiiight!
It could be that diff cover mounting bracket assembly is the weak point, couldn’t handle the stress and vibrations from the added power and slicks. Needs beefing up. That Z broke on its 3rd run?!

BlackHawk77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 9AT
The first car had all the suspension parts on it, this one was all stock in back.

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Just got the rear differential brace from Z1 installed on my Z that got AMS tuned (pushing 506 WTQ) to the rear wheels and the brace helped the power distribution significantly. Must have imo as a Z owner. Can actually do 1st /2nd gear pulls.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Just got the rear differential brace from Z1 installed on my Z that got AMS tuned (pushing 506 WTQ) to the rear wheels and the brace helped the power distribution significantly. Must have imo as a Z owner. Can actually do 1st /2nd gear pulls.
How about a pic or two of the installed brace? Sounds functional after seeing what happened here.

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Don’t have any unfortunately, the YouTube BeDistinct has a full video

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
I agree with him, I’ve done a lot to my Z..Out of all the mods I’ve purchased the 150$ brace from Z1 is hands down the most affective. Must buy if you’re looking for better traction. My car already felt fast enough as it was before the brace. Now that it’s installed there’s a night and day difference between the power distribution. Feels much faster, the car just goes.

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
There’s got to be other modifications out there that can assist. That rear diff brace gave me hope.

BlackHawk77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 9AT
My brace shows up today, funny enough the description for the brace pretty much describes what happened here.

"Factory differential bushing and mounting stud are prone to fail, and these issues are exacerbated on modified cars that are frequently abused or launched. In more extreme cases we have seen cars either break the factory differential cover or break the mounting stud. When failure occurs, the differential separates from the subframe, breaking inner axle joints and damaging your exhaust."

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
My brace shows up today, funny enough the description for the brace pretty much describes what happened here.

"Factory differential bushing and mounting stud are prone to fail, and these issues are exacerbated on modified cars that are frequently abused or launched. In more extreme cases we have seen cars either break the factory differential cover or break the mounting stud. When failure occurs, the differential separates from the subframe, breaking inner axle joints and damaging your exhaust."
These will sell like hotcakes!! I’d better order one BEFORE I get a Z🤣

PriZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'05 G35, '92 G20, '23 Nissan Z
I ordered one about a month ago and it was on backorder. Mine should be arriving in a couple weeks.

BlackHawk77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 9AT
weird, did you have anything else in the order? I ordered on Monday and it came today.

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Let me know what you all think of the brace after it’s installed. The cars finally starting to feel more and more complete imo. It’s still missing something on the suspension side for even more traction. The PS4’s can only do so much

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Let me know what you all think of the brace after it’s installed. The cars finally starting to feel more and more complete imo. It’s still missing something on the suspension side for even more traction. The PS4’s can only do so much
Im curious as well. I may just order one and say screw it lol. $150 experiment.