First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Which is a different scenario. Dealers can get away with that kind of stuff today, but who knows in the future. With social media they need to be careful to not tarnish their reputation. When supply catches up, that dealer may not have any more customers. The dealership model today is antiquated and probably going to go away in the near future. Car buying is a horrible experience most times.
Would be nice if you could just buy cars directly from the manufacturer...

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
As long as you have them contributing to politicians, you'll always have dealers. As a group, they are some of the most prolific contributors.

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
Iā€™m ok with waiting to get at least close to the specs I want, but $5k is tops on ADM, period.
Same here. Not dealing with wild ADM. Could always put that towards more mods on current builds.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Same here. Not dealing with wild ADM. Could always put that towards more mods on current builds.
I believe 5k is the dealer delivery that is built into all Nissan Z deliveries in Australia.
That means that is the most they can charge, and itā€™s in the total cost of the car so you donā€™t feel like your being ripped off.
A dealer can take less if they so chose to close a deal, but canā€™t sell above it.
And itā€™s across the board so shopping around for dealers is pretty null and void

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
the only up side in today's market is your trade-in is worth more than ever before...that's if you plan to trade something.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
@$40K per car, the dealer is prolly making at least $10K profit each car, when it's all said and done w/ all the departments. They don't need a markup around here in Houston.

And I have never heard of a dealer aim for charity

pendragon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1978 280z (Sold) 2019 Volvo XC40 R Design
Agreed. I bought my last Volvo (XC40) through the care by volvo program which was basically direct from Manufacturer. Dealer was involved for processing and was given a nominal fee for filling out paperwork.

Dealerships are an old and antiquated idea. They should be eliminated, or toned way down. No need for them and their added expenses moving forward.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The future business model, ala Tesla, works, just keep the service centers, mobile or on location, easily accessible. One reason why I reserved with deposit my next truck, Rivian R1T, for next year delivery.

We all know the supply chain is the biggest snag nowadays, even with direct sales and orders.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
@$40K per car, the dealer is prolly making at least $10K profit each car, when it's all said and done w/ all the departments.
You'd be surprised at the profit amount for the car itself. Most probably, you'll see less than $3,500.

The main profit centers at a store are Service and Parts. Used cars is next, F&I is next, and New cars is last. New cars - in a normal time - are commodities. Dealers will undercut another's price by $100 and may even lose a little bit just to get a car off floorplan (they finance their new car inventory just as you).

puckshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 WRX
ADM would be a deal killer for me. Part of the big appeal of the Z is the bang for buck. If it moves up a price category, I'd just buy the car in that category. There's a reason the car's MSRP will be in the $40k range: that's what it's worth.

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
Markups should be expected and they will sale everyone of them as there is always people willing to pay more to be first. So either pay the markup, wait, or buy something else.
I can wait. I want to see the NISMO Edition anyway.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
@$40K per car, the dealer is prolly making at least $10K profit each car, when it's all said and done w/ all the departments. They don't need a markup around here in Houston.

And I have never heard of a dealer aim for charity
Have you been in the lots lately? - It's nuts here too.

Central Houston Nissan's 4k markup isn't looking so bad now.......only problem is the first couple batches are going to be luck of the draw.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Have you been in the lots lately? - It's nuts here too.

Central Houston Nissan's 4k markup isn't looking so bad now.......only problem is the first couple batches are going to be luck of the draw.
4k is for the Z or other models? And how do they figure that ā€˜luck of the drawā€™? Of course curious too.