thesilverbullet
Well-Known Member
- Thread starter
- #1
This was not a bad install and the CZP is a perfect fit - no issue with fitment at all…
Here are my notes & pics on the install. I reviewed the installation instructions for CZP, AMS, Z1 and Mishimoto. Also watched a couple videos on how to remove the bumper.
- i disconnected the battery
- I did not remove the wheels or wheel liners to remove the bumper.
- i did not drain the coolant and did not pull a vacuum to refill. Instead i used a couple of hose clamps recommend by @2Cool and pre-filled the new heat exchanger (also recommend by 2cool) with coolant thru the hose connection ports and used tapered plugs to prevent the coolant from leaking. I used the same plugs to minimize coolant leaking when removing the stock heat exchanger.
- i did not unplug the radar sensor.
- i used a big a$$ HF syringe to top off the heat exchanger thru the bleeder port. maybe 4-6oz to top off.
hose clamps - BILITOOLS 4pcs Hose Pinch Off... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CQYDLY26?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
HF syringe - https://www.harborfreight.com/lubricant-suction-gun-59513.html
HF plugs - https://www.harborfreight.com/silicone-rubber-plug-and-cap-set-116-piece-70792.html
Here are my notes & pics on the install. I reviewed the installation instructions for CZP, AMS, Z1 and Mishimoto. Also watched a couple videos on how to remove the bumper.
- i disconnected the battery
- I did not remove the wheels or wheel liners to remove the bumper.
- i did not drain the coolant and did not pull a vacuum to refill. Instead i used a couple of hose clamps recommend by @2Cool and pre-filled the new heat exchanger (also recommend by 2cool) with coolant thru the hose connection ports and used tapered plugs to prevent the coolant from leaking. I used the same plugs to minimize coolant leaking when removing the stock heat exchanger.
- i did not unplug the radar sensor.
- i used a big a$$ HF syringe to top off the heat exchanger thru the bleeder port. maybe 4-6oz to top off.
hose clamps - BILITOOLS 4pcs Hose Pinch Off... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CQYDLY26?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
HF syringe - https://www.harborfreight.com/lubricant-suction-gun-59513.html
HF plugs - https://www.harborfreight.com/silicone-rubber-plug-and-cap-set-116-piece-70792.html