Not open for further replies.

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Yeah…even though I agree with vaccination, not sure if I agree with forced vaccination.
Everyone who wants it should get it, those who don’t fine….but they can deal with the fall out.
Those with immune issues will most likely need to go into lock down regardless
This is how I feel. I wish everyone would get vaccinated, but I don't think it should be mandatory.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
This is how I feel. I wish everyone would get vaccinated, but I don't think it should be mandatory.
The bigger question is how you behave if you decide not to get vaccinated. The problem isn’t so much that some people aren’t getting vaccinated, it’s that some are not getting vaccinated and they are not taking appropriate precautions.

I haven’t seen serious talk about “forced” vaccinations. Military and business requiring vaccinations as a condition of employment, yes, there is that. But with exemptions at least in some cases.

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
The bigger question is how you behave if you decide not to get vaccinated. The problem isn’t so much that some people aren’t getting vaccinated, it’s that some are not getting vaccinated and they are not taking appropriate precautions.

I haven’t seen serious talk about “forced” vaccinations. Military and business requiring vaccinations as a condition of employment, yes, there is that. But with exemptions at least in some cases.
Right, I don't think they (.gov) will legally be able to mandate it for everyone, but they can certainly make it difficult for you if you don't get it, such as condition of employment, travel restrictions, etc.

Just yesterday it was basically mandated for all military personnel, and those that refuse have to follow strict guidelines and constant testing, which was designed to be annoying to the point of people giving up and just getting the vaccine, I'm sure. I do know of a couple of people that will be getting out because of the mandate, which I think is pretty foolish, personally.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'm surprised it's not 100% mandatory in the military. They shoved everything else from anthrax to small pox in my arm against my will lol

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
They have just mandated it for all health workers and those that work in health work including cleaners etc …here
I believe the military already have it, and some of the mine sites are requiring it…in the end everyone will need it if they want to travel…even now to get into WA from NSW or VIC you have to have a clear test, a vaccination, quarantine for 14days…AND that’s IF they approve your application

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I'm surprised it's not 100% mandatory in the military. They shoved everything else from anthrax to small pox in my arm against my will lol
It actually is now that the Pfizer has full FDA approval, not just the emergency approval. And yeah, I remember the assembly line gauntlet I had to go through getting multiple shots in both arms in basic training.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
It's getting prety bad here in Georgia. My wife spent most of her shift last night working to keep a patient alive in her regular ward because there were no ICU beds available to take them.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru

minimum 3M N95 mask if no vax and holster a bottle of 70% alcohol. most people don't (or can't) take proper precaution, hence the spread. Cloth or surgical mask is nearly ineffective. The replicated experiment below says 3M N95 is only 60% and cloth mask is 10% for properly ventilated HVAC building (e.g. hospital or Gold Leed Cert building). If you're in a poorly ventilated space (e.g. our homes or most commercial businesses), the cloth mask get diminished to near zero-effectiveness.

In fact 3M N95 just became available again to regular Joes last month but HD still screen people to ensure priority for industrial hygiene workers

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34335009/

Last edited:

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
minimum 3M N95 mask if no vax and holster a bottle of 70% alcohol. most people don't (or can't) take proper precaution, hence the spread. Cloth or surgical mask is nearly ineffective. The replicated experiment below says 3M N95 is only 60% and cloth mask is 10% for properly ventilated HVAC building (e.g. hospital or Gold Leed Cert building). If you're in a poorly ventilated space (e.g. our homes or most commercial businesses), the cloth mask get diminished to near zero-effectiveness.

In fact 3M N95 just became available again to regular Joes last month but HD still screen people to ensure priority for industrial hygiene workers

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34335009/
Filtration is not the only way that masks reduce transmission. They can also decrease the size of the aerosol field. But, yes, and important study.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I haven't yet. Still waiting for long term effects and more studies to be done.
So I want to follow up on my post. After meeting with my dr. we both agree that I should not get the vaccine at the moment. I have a heart condition that could be made worst from the shot. Also, my Oncologist friend over at MD Anderson said chemo patience that have received the vaccines have not shown any antibodies against COVID. So I just want to put it out there that not all of us can get the vaccine due to other medical conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.