First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Finally got the first Pfizer shot today. My arm is still attached and able to shift gears just fine, so that's a relief.
It's been 4 mos since my Pfizer double shot, no side effects, only day-after mild achyness....... and I can shift even faster now, do it!!!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
It's been 4 mos since my Pfizer double shot, no side effects, only day-after mild achyness....... and I can shift even faster now, do it!!!
I woke up feeling awful on Friday and even worse Saturday, but started feeling better yesterday and back to normal today. Sore arm didn't bother me, but I was pretty under the weather those couple of days. Not really looking forward to the second one in a few weeks after that, but I'll just get it before the weekend again in case I need time to recover.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
On a personal note...people need to either wear a mask or get vaccinated. I can't have my wedding pushed again for a 3rd time due to lockdowns with these increasing cases. Also, doubt the cases will decrease anytime soon; Schools are about to start back up and as soon as labor day weekend hits, there will be holidays each month until New Years, which is not going to help the spreading.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I woke up feeling awful on Friday and even worse Saturday, but started feeling better yesterday and back to normal today. Sore arm didn't bother me, but I was pretty under the weather those couple of days. Not really looking forward to the second one in a few weeks after that, but I'll just get it before the weekend again in case I need time to recover.
Get fluids/vitamins/electrolytes in your system beforehand which should help with your recovery. I was hooning my car around in june, like a psycho after my 2nd vaccine for an hour or so, came home, ate, and passed out. Woke up next day feeling lethargic, but fluids again, and was good by lunchtime.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Recent Chilean study shows..
"Pfizer's vaccine was 87.7% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 in the same period, 98% effective in preventing intensive care admission and 100% effective in preventing death, Araos said.
AstraZeneca's was 68.7% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 in the same period, 98% effective in preventing intensive care admissions and 100% effective in preventing death, Araos said."

Essentially, these effective vaccines (some are better than others) keep you away from ICU and death.
Keep hospitals operational for those who need them.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
Um is that even safe? My dr. said if you're getting two shots it has to be from the same manufacturer.
There’s no reason to think that it’s problematic.

pIf I grow a third ball, I’ll just get bigger underwear.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Recent Chilean study shows..
"Pfizer's vaccine was 87.7% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 in the same period, 98% effective in preventing intensive care admission and 100% effective in preventing death, Araos said.
AstraZeneca's was 68.7% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 in the same period, 98% effective in preventing intensive care admissions and 100% effective in preventing death, Araos said."

Essentially, these effective vaccines (some are better than others) keep you away from ICU and death.
Keep hospitals operational for those who need them.
I’m getting my vax, but I don’t trust those stats.
In Aus we are in a pretty unique situation where until now we have largely escaped covid all together.
We have only just started getting into vaccinations. Currently in NSW ( Sydney area) 10 percent of those in hospital have had the vaccine, but only 20 percent of the population has been vaccinated.
There has also been 1 death that was vaccinated.
1 death may not seem much, but again we have low rates at present and we only loose 1 or two people a day at present ( mostly 70 plus, I think we have had two deaths total under 40) ….and that is the worst it’s been since 2020.

I’m all for vaccination, ive got mine booked in…just don’t think it’s going to fix it to the point where we were 2 years ago

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
The mask debate continues.

Unfortunately it’s not debate; even better would be discussion, but it is neither.

There isn’t a civil exchange of ideas in anything meaningful anymore.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ok, I could be stirring up a can of worms…so please let’s keep everyone’s opinions civil.
Im genuinely interested in knowing what life is like in the World post lockdown.
Is life in general back to normal?
How are hospitals coping?
Is Broadway theatre back?
Can you travel between states?
Are small business up and running?

Reason for my curiosity is at the present time there is a huge debate going on in Australia. States are currently closed off from one another, travel is not permitted between many. Half our politicians say once we have 80percent vaccination life can resume …possibly even international travel, where as others want continued lockdown if we have more than 30 cases which I think is unsustainable, and is also an event I’ve to NOT get vaccinated.
There are MANY in Australia that think people are still dying in droves, and that everyone is still heavily restricted in nearly all part of the world, and that we are living the good life.
I think differently. I think a lot of countries are getting back to normal, deaths have slowed greatly and if anything our lives could become restricted far more than others for good.

So for those in the US, Canada and any other countries on the forum, what IS actually going on around the world, because I don’t feel that I can trust the media to be truthful, they love pumping up the fear factor

Status
Not open for further replies.