Sponsored

CHONK!

OP
OP
Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mac
Joined
Mar 1, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
257
Reaction score
554
Location
USA
Car(s)
Z® NISMO®
It is true. It is tight. But I couldn't figure out what you did. So I screwed it until it got tight enough. :oops:


If you used the additional nut that threads on below the thread adapter, that may explain the additional height on yours. I wound up not needing that additional nut because the threads on adapter already managed to perfectly lined up the shift pattern when knob was fully tightened down. Bottom of knob meets the breakpoint at lower part of trim piece without any gap (shown here). That additional nut adds about 0.25" height when everything's fully assembled.

IMG_2909 (1).webp
 
Last edited:

Schantin

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2026
Threads
11
Messages
60
Reaction score
183
Location
Texas
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2026 Nissan Z; 2002 Camaro Z28
Occupation
ER Nurse
If you used the additional nut that threads on below the thread adapter, that may explain the additional height on yours. I wound up not needing that additional nut because the threads on adapter already managed to perfectly lined up the shift pattern when knob was fully tightened down. That additional nut adds about 0.25" height when everything's fully assembled.
I had to use the supplied nut to align the shifter. And yep, my knob is also sitting 1/4" higher.

20260930_152430.webp
 

CPerdomo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Carlos
Joined
Jun 7, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
701
Reaction score
549
Location
Brandon, Fl.
Car(s)
27 Z Nismo Manual, 2016 Frontier Pro4X Manual
Occupation
Congregational Leader
If you used the additional nut that threads on below the thread adapter, that may explain the additional height on yours. I wound up not needing that additional nut because the threads on adapter already managed to perfectly lined up the shift pattern when knob was fully tightened down. That additional nut adds about 0.25" height when everything's fully assembled.
I didn't use that additional nut. I don't know why mine in higher. Maybe because it's the Nismo tranny?
 

CPerdomo

Well-Known Member
First Name
Carlos
Joined
Jun 7, 2024
Threads
22
Messages
701
Reaction score
549
Location
Brandon, Fl.
Car(s)
27 Z Nismo Manual, 2016 Frontier Pro4X Manual
Occupation
Congregational Leader
The factory one was a pain in the a$$ to remove. Nissan must have used a gallon of loctite on the threads for no apparent reason.
They did use a lot of loctite. When you see my picture you can see a lot of debris in front of the shifter. That's the dust from the loctite after removing the original one.
 
 






Top