Ceramic Coating

xlr8tn

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z Performance
A word to the wise…think twice about cheaping out on your ceramic coating expert! When I bought my Z, I was still in the negotiating phase and was trying to get them to lower my price so I could eventually get my car ceramic coated. I realized I was not getting anywhere and eventually the dealer said he knew a guy that could help me with the ceramic coating. He proceeded to tell me about all the cars this kid did for him. He mentioned he could make a call and see if this guy would do it for me for $899. The average cost of ceramic coating is close to 2k so I thought I was getting somewhere. I dropped off my car for 2 days and not knowing what to look for said it all looked great. Now over the next week driving to work when the sun is low, I started to notice imperfections in my glass. Definitely noticeable in the early mornings or late evenings, I was seeing applicator strokes and gaps. Basically high spots from improper application and failure to wipe after flashing. Now how do I get this resolved because no way I was taking this back to the person that screwed up my car? I ended up taking it to a local guy and he literally worked all the glass on my car to remove the coating. $600 later we are finally getting back to square one. But how do I sleep at night knowing that potentially my paint has all the same issues as the glass? Lesson learned. Go to a reputable place and skip the friend of a friend business. Better yet, just get PPF installed on the front and save yourself the troubles I’m going through.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
A word to the wise…think twice about cheaping out on your ceramic coating expert! ... Better yet, just get PPF installed on the front and save yourself the troubles I’m going through.
Oh no! Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've been on the fence about doing any sort of paint protection. I have a few recommendations from folks who've had good luck, but you never know. I hope it works out for you.

SavedByFaith_

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z (Performance)
live and learn.

Never cheap out if you aren't willing to pay extra to amend/repair mistakes.

As mentioned, my full PPF & two coats of CQuartz Finest Reserves costed me 8k...

Yes, it hurt my wallet, as i never had spent so much to "protect" a car.... but still after a month of driving, the car looks better then showroom and cleaning it is like snaping my fingers

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
A word to the wise…think twice about cheaping out on your ceramic coating expert! When I bought my Z, I was still in the negotiating phase and was trying to get them to lower my price so I could eventually get my car ceramic coated. I realized I was not getting anywhere and eventually the dealer said he knew a guy that could help me with the ceramic coating. He proceeded to tell me about all the cars this kid did for him. He mentioned he could make a call and see if this guy would do it for me for $899. The average cost of ceramic coating is close to 2k so I thought I was getting somewhere. I dropped off my car for 2 days and not knowing what to look for said it all looked great. Now over the next week driving to work when the sun is low, I started to notice imperfections in my glass. Definitely noticeable in the early mornings or late evenings, I was seeing applicator strokes and gaps. Basically high spots from improper application and failure to wipe after flashing. Now how do I get this resolved because no way I was taking this back to the person that screwed up my car? I ended up taking it to a local guy and he literally worked all the glass on my car to remove the coating. $600 later we are finally getting back to square one. But how do I sleep at night knowing that potentially my paint has all the same issues as the glass? Lesson learned. Go to a reputable place and skip the friend of a friend business. Better yet, just get PPF installed on the front and save yourself the troubles I’m going through.

HP Proto

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Proto Spec
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
Wow, sorry to hear about your experience, I got lucky my dealer already had it done professionally and it looks amazing I was also worried about getting it done from someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing, it’s worth spending the money for right person to do the job good luck.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
I did the ceramic coating myself, and had great results. It took me 3 days to do it, but I had none of the problems that others had having it done. I decided to go with Adams Polish’s. It cost me around $800 to buy the equipment, and product to do the job. The main kit comes with a ultraviolet flashlight that helps you to see if you are getting complete coverage. They also have all the products that you can apply to leather/glass/plastic etc. They also have numerous videos on YouTube. Adamspolishes.com I’m very pleased! P.S. lol I bought the Foam canon which did what was advertised. It completely covered the car in soap. Although it’s now useless, as my paint is so hydrophobic, that the soap literally falls off lol. 🤣

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I’m so paranoid of my car and will never leave my car at any shop overnight. That’s why I won’t get a ceramic coating. However, I did get PPF done most areas of the car. Still need to do rocker panel and rear bumper.

Those prices are crazy high! In Canada you can get that done from $599-$899 and our dollar sucks too. Super expensive if it’s USD. 2k? Geez

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
I did the ceramic coating myself, and had great results. It took me 3 days to do it, but I had none of the problems that others had having it done. I decided to go with Adams Polish’s. It cost me around $800 to buy the equipment, and product to do the job. The main kit comes with a ultraviolet flashlight that helps you to see if you are getting complete coverage. They also have all the products that you can apply to leather/glass/plastic etc. They also have numerous videos on YouTube. Adamspolishes.com I’m very pleased! P.S. lol I bought the Foam canon which did what was advertised. It completely covered the car in soap. Although it’s now useless, as my paint is so hydrophobic, that the soap literally falls off lol. 🤣
That’s my next step, I wanna learn how to do it myself