Canadian Reserve List and Discussion

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
Got the same email as you, yesterday. :)

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The leaked Canadian vehicle ordering guide has an empty table for "factory installed accessories". Does anyone know if we are going to be able to specify any of these when they become known before our cars are built?

I sure hope so as I am thinking there may be a 9" display option with nav, since the display image on the reserve website still shows a "maps" button and the wording about the 8" screen still says "available 8" screen" suggesting there is another option.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Although I was initially a bit disappointed that my car won't be available until the summer, I can see a few advantages to not getting the first production output:
  • any initial bugs or problems on the production line can be caught and corrected before my car is built
  • more time = better chance of getting any of those factory installed accessories
  • a longer time window in which to cancel, if for example the reviews we expect to see in the spring are negative (which seems unlikely)

squawk3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 WRX, '02 M3, '00 S2000
I wouldn't be surprised if it comes before Fall 2022 for you, especially if you ordered before it changed to Summer 2022.

I'm a little disappointed it won't have the 9" display. On the Canadian promo photos it exclaims "US Model shown"

Also, below the Expected Delivery: Summer 2022, Click View Vehicle Details. It shows Performance getting the 8".

We seem to be getting the short end of the stick in the chip shortage. The Proto Spec in Yorkdale seems to confirm that we will get the 8" Hopefully the 9" can be optioned.

Edit: The only glimmer of hope would be the mention of 6 speaker package in the Performance specs with a later mention of Bose 8 speaker

Attachments

squawk3000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 WRX, '02 M3, '00 S2000
My frustration is that I can't get a red accent interior with either a diamond black or gun metallic paint option.
Those would be really nice. Especially after seeing the Gun metallic with black/red burning rubber in Japan

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
My frustration is that I can't get a red accent interior with either a diamond black or gun metallic paint option.
Yes I might have gone for that but I don't think I will really miss it.

Freewill

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Triumph Tiger
I'm struggling to choose. I love the blue/blue option but my current car is blue and I am ready for a change. Blue, Black and Gun metal are all in the running. I like red cars but I'm not 100% on the passion red paint option as the red looks a little light verus a deep red. I'd have to see it in person or at least a video to know if I could order it. I hate needing to choose a paint colour I don't really want for paint to get the red interior accent I want, . Black paint with the red interior and custom aftermarket red metalic rims would look pretty stunning.

If Black with a red accent interior was available I'd have put my money down today. It will be a performance manual whenever the hell I make up my mind.:cool:

94boosted

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camaro SS 1LE, BMW 340, Ford F150
Sadly, Performance MT is out of order. What would people choose without that option?
What do you mean out of order? Performance MT still shows up on Nissan.ca ?‍♂

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
The generic Nissan Canada email says the car is coming summer 2022.

I reserved black on black, performance trim with the 9 speed auto/paddle shifters…

OP
OP
DevonK

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
If you actually go put in the order, it's gonna tell you this trim is sold out
Interesting. Very few have posted an order here, so either they had a very small allocation, or only a small minority of buyers are on this forum.

It does make sense that the Performance MT is the most popular trim though.