Canadian Pricing - what do we think based on history?

Canuck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Corvette 2015 BMW 328
Where do we think Nissan will price the Z in Canada?

This is my first dive into Nissan and I just want to get my head around whether anything has been leaked or suggested about Canadian pricing or if any of you have insights.

In 2019 the 370 started at 30k Canadian which is insanely low compared to Americans.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Where do we think Nissan will price the Z in Canada?

This is my first dive into Nissan and I just want to get my head around whether anything has been leaked or suggested about Canadian pricing or if any of you have insights.

In 2019 the 370 started at 30k Canadian which is insanely low compared to Americans.
Holy crap…can’t give you any insights into Canadian pricing, but Aus dollar is on par with Canadian dollar and 30k for a 370 when ours were around 70k on launch is unbelievable!

OP
OP

Canuck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Holy crap…can’t give you any insights into Canadian pricing, but Aus dollar is on par with Canadian dollar and 30k for a 370 when ours were around 70k on launch is unbelievable!
Yeah, we get very very lucky in Canada with Car prices. We are stealing Corvettes with our pricing.

I think that Ford has the worst Canadian pricing as compared to the USA.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
If we get the same pricing as usa thats a win for us

OP
OP

Canuck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In my experience a more typical is CAD Price = USD Price x 1.35 (Unscientific Ballpark)
Thanks; is that your experience with Nissan?

With Ford that would be accurate.

With VW when I picked up an MK7 Golf R in 2016 it was 1.1; and for my Corvette in 2020 is was 1.15; Ford has generally been in the 1.35 ballpark.

As I have no experience with Nissan I don't know the trends.

Z_Coastal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi TT S Line Coupe
The 1.35 number was experienced with German cars mostly.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Based on general observations of Canadian vs. American pricing over a few years I'd say we certainly won't get as low of a price differential vs. US on the new Z as we had on the old one. That 30k CAD bargain base price was only offered in the last few years of the Z's life cycle when sales were in the tank and they were trying to move metal; plus is was a stripper car.

The new Z will have far more market appeal, at least for the first few years, and Nissan Canada will surely exploit that - I expect the currency multiplier vs. USD to be up around 1.2, so if it comes in at 39k USD for the Sport, that is 46.8k CAD. Keep in mind its main competition, the 6 cylinder Supra, is around 65k CAD, so that still leaves lots of room for the Performance trim to add another $7-9k without getting too close to the Supra price. But no way does Nissan Canada follow the German example to 1.35X USD.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Even if it’s 1:1.35 it would be a bargain. In Aus the 370z is still selling for $50,000 new …that’s for a manual with nothing added to it actually sorry to hijack the page a little, but I’m posting a link to the Aus site, can someone tell me what level trim this would have equated to in the US/Canada…base, sport , touring …it would be interesting to know
https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/browse-range/370z/build-your-car.html#summary/BACm/AmKIwJw

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
The Aus market is very weird, you guys pay ridiculous sums for good cars..... can`t use it as any kind of normal benchmark.

zeeder

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 370Z ST 6MT
Even if it’s 1:1.35 it would be a bargain. In Aus the 370z is still selling for $50,000 new …that’s for a manual with nothing added to it actually sorry to hijack the page a little, but I’m posting a link to the Aus site, can someone tell me what level trim this would have equated to in the US/Canada…base, sport , touring …it would be interesting to know
https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/browse-range/370z/build-your-car.html#summary/BACm/AmKIwJw
That's a loaded up car with all the options, including nav. (both sport and touring packages)

I think it's highly unlikely that Australia won't get the performance package.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That's a loaded up car with all the options, including nav. (both sport and touring packages)

I think it's highly unlikely that Australia won't get the performance package.
Thanks that eases my mind a bit, we only ever get the one model, so I want the performance.

Carry on Canadian guys….I hope you get your low priced cars ?

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Interesting note on nissan canadas post i believe i asked the question myself haha. Says production is not limited
8332F75F-6807-47F4-970C-01EBF3698E2C.jpg
Well well well...

Being able to place an order would definitely allow them to make the right amount - those who order + extras for showroom floors - and the "not limited production" bit should also help with inventory as well.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Man , I just can’t wait till this comes!